Carrie Underwood In Oscar de la Renta – Nordstrom Symphony Fashion Show

Carrie Underwood attended the Nordstrom Symphony Fashion Show in Nashville, Tennessee on Tuesday.

The singer, who is known for her love of embellishments much like fellow country star Taylor Swift, opted for a sequin-free Oscar de la Renta Spring 2012 gown for the occasion.

Her navy gossamer v-neck gown was teamed with a black jewel buckle belt and a complementary Oscar de la Renta ‘Cara’ vanity sequin case.

I guess you can’t really rely on a country girl to really go sequin-free. They do like to dazzle, and who can blame them.

Carrie stuns with flawless, neutral makeup and a side swept updo, whilst adding statement jewels and navy peep-toes to complete her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

AnnaLynne McCord's West Coast Wardrobe Zig Zag Wide Leg Pants

AnnaLynne McCord’s West Coast Wardrobe Zig Zag Wide Leg Pants

On The Set Of Gossip Girl With Blake Lively Wearing A Kaelen Ombre Jacket

On The Set Of Gossip Girl With Blake Lively Wearing A Kaelen Ombre Jacket

8 Responses to Carrie Underwood In Oscar de la Renta – Nordstrom Symphony Fashion Show

1. EmmaWoodhouse March 1, 2012 at 15:53 #

The neckline is too plunging on both the model and on Carrie, but I love the gossamer fabric and her styling. She look lovely.

2. AW March 1, 2012 at 16:09 #

I love it, it’s very sexy without being desperate.

On the other hand I think it’s time for CU to change her hair, maybe go darker for a while.

• Jones19 March 1, 2012 at 18:11 #

Agreed. I like the dress but her hair and makeup are getting stale. Always the same.

3. molly March 1, 2012 at 22:05 #

How on earth did she manage to cheapen Oscar de la Renta? That takes skill…
    I dont like the way that the bust appears on Carrie. I think that her slouchiness is making it gather strange. She needs to throw her shoulders back and wear this with confidence.

• Alina March 2, 2012 at 11:53 #

• dee March 2, 2012 at 13:53 #

4. Jess2 March 2, 2012 at 00:39 #

I agree with a number of comments above. First of all I think she needs to stand up straight and present herself better. Secondly, the neckline is not great in either picture as it kind of looks like the dress does not fit them in the bodice, but in comparison I do like the neckline better on Carrie.
    Aside from the neckline the dress is very beautiful and I very much like Carrie’s styling.

5. Katharine March 2, 2012 at 02:32 #

This would have to be a personal best for Carrie Underwood on the red carpet – usually hate her Barbie goes to … style.