Rachel Bilson In Chanel – Chanel and Charles Finch Pre-Oscar Dinner

Rachel Bilson was of course at the Chanel and Charles Finch Pre-Oscar Dinner on Saturday evening with fellow Chanel ‘Les Fidèles’, Diane Kruger.

She opted to wear a Chanel Spring 2012 silver dress with metallic floral appliqués round the neckline and along the hem.

The actress teamed her feminine frock with a black suede biker jacket for a slightly edgy look that not many aside from Leigh Lezark, Alexa Chung and Leigh Lezark can pull off in Chanel.

A black sequined Chanel bag, metallic silver Brian Atwood ‘Martina’ ankle strap peep-toes and purposely messy waves completed her look.

Do you like this, or is Rachel trying too hard?

Credit: Style.com & bfanyc.com courtesy of Chanel

Kim Kardashian's Equipment Star Print Washed Silk Crepe De Chine Shirt

Kim Kardashian’s Equipment Star Print Washed Silk Crepe De Chine Shirt

Front Row @ Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2012

Front Row @ Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2012

15 Responses to Rachel Bilson In Chanel – Chanel and Charles Finch Pre-Oscar Dinner

1. Rebecca Z February 29, 2012 at 21:39 #

Don’t like the jacket with the dress. But, I was in LA on Saturday evening and it was chilly, so she can be forgiven…kinda

2. Mahima February 29, 2012 at 21:53 #

I always love Rachel. :)

3. Emma February 29, 2012 at 22:06 #

I don’t think the jacket quite fits with the sweetness of the dress, but she still looks great.

• luci March 1, 2012 at 09:24 #

4. Hermoine February 29, 2012 at 23:51 #

Don’t mind the jacket, hate the hair in her face. She should have pulled it back so we could see her face and the dress detail.

5. Hannah March 1, 2012 at 00:16 #

The hair bothers me a lot more than the jacket, which I find fine.
    I imagine that it was at least relatively cold and that she wore this jacket (obviously some thought went into it, but still, it served the same purpose), literally just chucked it on, and took it off inside, in which case teh rest of her outfit would have worked beautifully together.

6. Rosie March 1, 2012 at 01:00 #

The jacket is killing me, seriously Rachel why on Earth did you pair that beautiful dress with something so drab?

I hope there’s a photo of her with the jacket off because my eyes are literally hurting.

7. Jess2 March 1, 2012 at 01:04 #

I’m not sure that I am buying the combination of the feminine and gorgeous dress with the edgy aspects of the look. I don’t like the way she has done her hair, it is too Alexa Chung for me. Love the dress though and her shoe choice is good too. I do understand that it was probably very cold so I have no problem with her wearing a jacket.

8. Sea March 1, 2012 at 01:26 #

it’s such an ethereal dress, so i wish her did it sans the edgy jacket. i’d prefer a more feminine coat.

9. EmmaWoodhouse March 1, 2012 at 01:26 #

I think she really makes it her own. I didn’t like it on the runway but Rachel pulls the look together with edgy, unexpected accessories.

• Nat39 March 1, 2012 at 19:05 #

Agreed. Although would’ve preferred her hair a bit neater, she totally makes this otherwise unremarkable nauseatingly sweet frock work for her with edgier accessories.

10. Fiona March 1, 2012 at 03:23 #

I think she was trying too hard, she is simply not able to pull off the biker jacket/sweet dress thing. Haven’t we seen that look enough now?

11. Jones19 March 1, 2012 at 18:15 #

She looks lovely, not trying too hard at all.

12. andrea March 1, 2012 at 19:11 #

I normally love, love, love Rachel’s outfits but something about the jacket seems sort of contrived and overthought. FC, you can add SJP to the list of women who can pull off the tough-Chanel look.

13. Alina March 2, 2012 at 11:33 #