Kate Beckinsale In Atelier Versace – 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

At last night’s West Hollywood 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party, Kate Beckinsale skipped her signature strapless gowns in favour of one of the night’s biggest trends: long sleeves.

Kate donned an Atelier Versace gown with bronze and black detailing accented in tulle, with an open back and side cut-outs.

After her show-stopping pink DVF jumpsuit at the 2012 Independent Spirit Awards, I’m not 100% sure if I love this look on her.

It’s more Jlo than Beckinsale, don’t you think?

Chopard jewels finish the look.

Credit: Versace.com & Getty

Rashida Jones In Elie Saab -  2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Rashida Jones In Elie Saab – 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Ginnifer Goodwin In Peter Som – 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Ginnifer Goodwin In Peter Som – 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

35 Responses to Kate Beckinsale In Atelier Versace – 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

1. Sharon February 28, 2012 at 00:27 #

I really don’t like this dress. The style may be more J-Lo, but the print/color is just awful.

2. Lisanne February 28, 2012 at 00:28 #

I would like it more on her if it didn’t have the zebra-print parts I think.. Then it would be perfect!

3. Kathy February 28, 2012 at 00:28 #

I think she looks GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!
    I’d LOVE to see the back ;)

4. Meha February 28, 2012 at 00:33 #

OMG she’s not wearing a tube top gown!

5. Aline February 28, 2012 at 00:35 #

I’m in love. I’m absolutely in love. I adore this woman and how she manages to always look sexy and classy. If anyone else had worn this cut-out dress, it could’ve been tacky. But Kate’s so poised that she rocks it effortlessly. She just redifined va-va-voom.

6. Dorian Gray February 28, 2012 at 00:38 #

OMG tt happened, I hate this Atelier Versace dress.

• EmmaWoodhouse February 28, 2012 at 00:58 #

I agree! I get that she’s trying to step out of her comfort zone, which is great, but nothing about this look is working for me…

7. Jones19 February 28, 2012 at 00:39 #

I like this dress. The print has a bit of a 70’s vibe to it. I’m glad Kate is doing something different, I was getting bored with her.

• CreoleLady February 28, 2012 at 00:54 #

+1.

8. Laura February 28, 2012 at 01:00 #

When she stays true to her mermaid hemline, people said she’s too predictable, try something new. And when she is trying something new, people said it’s too different. Nothing seems to be right. Nevertheless, I think she looks great!

• Alice February 28, 2012 at 09:30 #

AGREED!

• Leti February 28, 2012 at 15:22 #

9. gabis February 28, 2012 at 01:17 #

I agree this dress has a JLo vibe, but I think it would look cheap on her. On Kate, it looks fantastic.

• Amanda February 28, 2012 at 16:48 #

10. Hisadora February 28, 2012 at 01:22 #

I think she looks pretty and is working this gown!!

11. Eve February 28, 2012 at 02:14 #

I am so happy JLo doesn’t get to wear all the form-fitting, curve-hugging, open-back dresses with a wild print that exist in the world. This dress in particular would look cheap and tacky and repetitive on her. Kate more than does it justice. I like her style when she’s not playing it safe and boring in mermaid gowns.

12. Paulo February 28, 2012 at 02:45 #

I like it but the background of the photo makes it almost visually overwhelming.

13. pipsqueak February 28, 2012 at 04:10 #

I love it! I’m tired of Kate’s princess gowns and platform pumps. Princess gowns are for girls with no personality or brains. It’s not Kate. This gown really highlighted Kate’s small waist and flat tummy – two of her best features. I also love the hair, which set her apart from J. Lo. I don’t understand J. Lo’s appeal, but maybe she represents something very American that I’m too close to see.

14. Christine February 28, 2012 at 04:13 #

I like the dress. Kudos for her stepping outside the box!

15. Raquel February 28, 2012 at 05:33 #

Love it!

16. roxana February 28, 2012 at 07:12 #

it’s the first time i don’t like how she is dressed.

17. Emi February 28, 2012 at 09:18 #

I usually love Versace gowns, but the print is awful, it reminds me of a granny sofa, or a very ugly table cloth. She looks very beautiful as always. I think that another fabric would have made this dress fabulous.

18. Alice February 28, 2012 at 09:29 #

I really don’t get you.
    She looks stunning.
    But ok, that’s not the point. The point is: you keep draaaagging on about people doing something different for a change. She just did and then you say you’re not sure you like it as you are used to seeing her in princess dresses.
    Well, I was getting tired to see her in princess dresses, she looks hot.

19. Nat February 28, 2012 at 09:31 #

I hate the print, but the silhoutte of the dress is great on her! It’s proof that she should wear different stuff besided strapless gowns more often!

20. CTgirl February 28, 2012 at 13:56 #

The print looks like camo and the cut is too much. Typical Versace. Over the top and verging on tacky.

21. beadingchef February 28, 2012 at 17:59 #

for me this is jaw dropping and stunning, one of her best looks ever.

• Kennedy March 1, 2012 at 23:43 #

I think it’s a gorgeous gown and she has the body to pull it off. I do, however, hate her hair. Most of her hairstyles remind me of tacky prom looks and this one just screams “mess.” But the gown is a winner!

22. Shaina February 28, 2012 at 23:32 #

It looks amazing on Kate! I really love this. I don’t think I’d like it as much on JLO but it does seem similar to something she would wear.

23. d February 28, 2012 at 23:35 #

stunning

24. Jess2 February 29, 2012 at 13:18 #

I am really loving the changes that Kate is going for with the non-pumps and the moving away from the signature strapless dresses etc. I actually really like this look and while it is a real JLo dress Kate makes it her own and I think she wears it as if she has always dressed like this. Bravo Kate, you have impressed me many times this week :)

• Alina February 29, 2012 at 16:17 #

25. Lucie February 29, 2012 at 19:48 #

I check this site every morning at work… and I never comment.. but this time I couldn’t help it.
    YOu always complain and say that she always wears the same thing… same hair.. same strapless one colored dress. Now she wears something completely different and STUNNING and you say that it’s more Jlo than Kate. Well make up your mind… damned if she does, damned if she doesn’t.
    I think this women is GORGEOUS! and good for her for taking the risk. I think she looks AMAZING! Your loss JLO!
    and just so I don’t come off like I’m being mean… I 90% of the time agree with everything you say… but we can’t hope for them to step out of the box and then criticize them when they do. just sayin

keep up the awesome work. I LOVE LOVE YOUR SITE!

• Fashion Critic February 29, 2012 at 20:05 #

In the text I say that “I guess I’m too used to seeing her in Princess gowns, but she has really been trying to mix things up on the red carpet for the past few events, which is fully appreciated.”

26. Paul McLauchlan March 1, 2012 at 19:21 #

THIS LOOK IS VILE!

27. nats April 22, 2012 at 03:49 #

Amazing look! love everything about it. She looks sooo sexy but not trashy