Ginnifer Goodwin In Peter Som – 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Ginner Goodwin was among the long list of celebrities at the 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party in West Hollywood last night.

The petite star wore a black sleeveless Peter Som Fall 2012 organza dress with peplum at the waist.

Unfortunately, too many accessories take away from this beautifully detailed dress.

Someone needs to take away that distracting necklace and mismatched clutch right away.

This dress looks the best when left alone, as seen on the runway.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Kate Beckinsale In Atelier Versace - 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Kate Beckinsale In Atelier Versace – 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Venus & Serena Williams In Christiane King - 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Venus & Serena Williams In Christiane King – 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

23 Responses to Ginnifer Goodwin In Peter Som – 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

1. Jones19 February 28, 2012 at 00:38 #

What was she thinking with the earrings/necklace combo? Hideous.

2. MG February 28, 2012 at 00:40 #

whats wrong with her? she never made mistakes like this before. too nervous for the big event?

3. Lori February 28, 2012 at 00:40 #

ugh !!!

• EmmaWoodhouse February 28, 2012 at 01:01 #

+1 Ugly dress, overcooked accessories!

4. Hannah February 28, 2012 at 00:41 #

I really don’t mean ot be rude, because she has a great body, undeniaby, we all saw the grene topsohp gown last year, but only peopel who ar esuper tall & with super non existent hips can wear peplums. Even after that, teh skirt needed mroe fitting, she needed to remove every accessories, and, barbie is clearly still in me, replace them with pink or emerald green accessires with gold detailing. Even aqua bleu would ahve worked here.
    Although I mus tsay that even when she looks like a very rare hot mess, she stil has a flawless face and divine attitude.

• Hannah February 28, 2012 at 00:44 #

Also, FC, I was going ot wai tuntil your round up to say thankyou for you insane coverage, not just the Oscars but all awards season, it has been such a pleasure to follow. I honestly think that you must be a machine because I refresh the page and five more people are up, and everything is still comprehensible!
      I seriously hoep that you have a day or two long sleep I know I would!
      Anyways, thanks again, and hopefully Paris makes up for all your hard work!

• Fashion Critic February 28, 2012 at 01:30 #

Thank you Hannah. I was fun, even if we didn’t get a Cate Blanchett moment.

That just makes Cannes all the more exciting to look forward too. x

5. Bec February 28, 2012 at 00:42 #

Why would you even consider wearing a necklace with this dress? Less is definitely more with dresses like this!

6. J February 28, 2012 at 00:55 #

She’s one of those in the no smile club with Rooney Mara, Kristen Stewart and Stella McCartney. A genuine smile can be one of the best accessories.

7. Sharon February 28, 2012 at 00:56 #

“This dress looks the best when left alone, as seen on the runway.” Absolutely right, FC!

8. gabis February 28, 2012 at 01:27 #

That hair is SO Tilda Swinton and it’s probably the only good thing about this look. The dress is weird and not exactly flattering but she thought that wasn’t enough so she decided to complete the look with awful shoes and tons of accessories.

9. TMCFS February 28, 2012 at 01:46 #

For a split second, I thought this was a short version of Emma Stone’s Chanel Couture gown…

10. Hannah February 28, 2012 at 06:16 #

For a second I thought this was a shortened version of the dress Emma Stone wore. I agree this would have looked so much better without all the unnecessary accessories.

• Tania February 28, 2012 at 17:44 #

11. Dhppy February 28, 2012 at 07:51 #

The earrings go nicely with her hair, but every other accessory including shoes need to go. Also, I’m not convinced this dress is tailored properly for her height.

12. Emi February 28, 2012 at 09:16 #

I agree with you, FC. I also don’t like the make up.

13. Naomi February 28, 2012 at 10:34 #

Goodwin, enough with the “Death-warmed-up” make-up, please.

14. Elena February 28, 2012 at 16:49 #

I’m distracted by the shoes. I LOVE THEM. Who did the shoes? I agree the necklace, earring combo is *TERRIBLE*

15. jane February 28, 2012 at 20:50 #

Headed to the fancy funeral

16. Binkie February 28, 2012 at 22:53 #

I think she looks STUNNING!!!

17. Alina February 29, 2012 at 16:19 #

Bad …

18. Jess2 March 1, 2012 at 06:29 #

She looks so beautiful and this dress is fantastic but all of the accessories destroy the gorgeous girl and dress. I do not like the bag or shoes one bit here and the necklace is unnecessary, the earrings are possibly ok.

19. Parvati March 1, 2012 at 18:26 #

I don’t mind the clutch, but the necklace sure is completely unecessary.