27.02.12

Selena Gomez In Dolce & Gabbana – 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

It has been exactly one year since Hollywood’s hottest young couple, Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber, publically stepped out at the 2011 Vanity Fair Oscar Party.

At last night’s West Hollywood 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar party, Selena returned to the red carpet in a stunning silver Dolce & Gabbanna gown.

The slinky dress was covered in a floral appliqué print, and fit the young actress/singer like a glove.

A faux-bob added to the glamorous vibe of this look.

Credit: Getty

January Jones In Wes Gordon - 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

January Jones In Wes Gordon – 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Diane Kruger In Calvin Klein – 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Diane Kruger In Calvin Klein – 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

21 Responses to Selena Gomez In Dolce & Gabbana – 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

1. jenna February 27, 2012 at 22:49 #

Not disrespecting your opinion, but why does it always have to be putting down Miley to praise Selena? Can’t it just be “Selena looked nice”?

• Fashion Critic February 27, 2012 at 22:56 #

That is not even true.

The have the same hairstyle. One worked the other didn’t so it is worth comparing. *sighs*

2. lilflowa February 27, 2012 at 23:06 #

I agree Jenna I feel like Miley can never win. Selena is naturally gorgeous so I think she can pretty much wear anything. But her style is so predictable and basic. So safe. Gives me no life.

I preffered Miley’s outfit because it was old glamour with a modern twist and mileys personal style. I.e. Rings/colour nail polish thrown in.

Selena is just…there.

“Miley failed miserably” is a little harsh.

• TeaAtTwo February 27, 2012 at 23:57 #

A quick browse of Miley Cyrus on RCFA shows FC was complimentary of Miley’s previous outing. FC calls it as she sees it, giving praise and/or constructive criticism when it’s due on outing by outing without undue bias and even if it’s not going popular opinion from majority or crazy fans.
      Also she writes to be entertaining and show some personality but she is never derogatory which one can’t always say about readers comments.

3. Lyn February 27, 2012 at 23:15 #

aww…selena is so pretty.I’m not a teenager but i find her really nice.

4. Linda February 27, 2012 at 23:39 #

She looks very Old Hollywood glamour. It’s mature for her age, but she pulls it off very well.

5. hally February 27, 2012 at 23:42 #

i like the dress, selena almost always dresses nicely and approppriately. i hate the faux bob hairstyle though, it makes me want to pull out the pins tucking it under to liberate her hair or take scissors to it so it can be a real, honest-to-god bob.

selena probably stays safe and has way better stylists than miley who she will actually listen to. she is always generically pretty and on-trend.

miley i feel doesn’t have stylists with such good taste, and beyond that, i think most of the decision making really comes down miley taking risks which don’t always pay off. she is trying to find her style though, and i hope she will hit her stride soon.

i’m surprised to admit i really prefer miley’s hair and makeup in this instance though, she looks like shes having more fun with it than selena.

6. gurlygurl February 27, 2012 at 23:44 #

Selena always looks pretty on the red carpet. For someone so young she is classic and elegant. It all works, very lovely!

7. EmmaWoodhouse February 27, 2012 at 23:50 #

Surprisingly, I preferred Miley’s hair–I think Selena’s looks too obviously tucked under. I’m not excited about the dress, either. While it certainly isn’t matronly it feels too mature for her. I would like to see her in something a bit more demure.

8. alison February 28, 2012 at 00:24 #

i kind of wish selena did something else with her hair, but nonetheless she looked stunning as always!

miley’s entire look made her look way too old. selena pulled it off while still looking young.

9. Jones19 February 28, 2012 at 00:48 #

One of my favorites from the VF party. She just looks so slinky in this.

10. Mol February 28, 2012 at 00:55 #

I find Selena quite beautiful here, but looking older than she is by quite a lot – I think it must be hard for young people to hit the right note while operating in a very grown up world

11. Bah February 28, 2012 at 02:58 #

still looked like a child trying to play grown up wearing mummy’s dress

12. Rebecca Z February 28, 2012 at 06:16 #

I think she looks adorable.

13. Sue Jin February 28, 2012 at 07:19 #

dont know about this whole selena vs miley thing but am i the only one that think selena’s gown was a bit aging too? It wasn’t as aging as miley’s but still thought it didn’t suit either of them

14. goldfish February 28, 2012 at 12:37 #

i don’t like it.. it’s boring and the dress is a wee bit unflattering.. it does remind me of miley, but i think miley did it way better if i have to compare the two of them

15. Alina February 28, 2012 at 16:55 #

Beautiful.

16. beadingchef February 28, 2012 at 18:08 #

I love this dress, and she looks very pretty, and to join the Miley statements, Miley has not yet risen above being tacky, for me there is always too many elements that pull the style way down, Selena on the other hand has a far better stylist and rarely goes for the shock value, and saying that everyone has their own style, and that is all good!

17. Amy February 28, 2012 at 23:06 #

I think the whole look is blah. The color of the dress, the hair, everything looks so dowdy. I’ve seen better

18. Shaina February 28, 2012 at 23:44 #

She looks beautiful. I love everything about this look.

19. me March 1, 2012 at 13:58 #

lol i think u guys just like selena gomez, apparently people take a shine on her cuz she’s “a good girl”. sure she looked good because she’s pretty she’d look good in anything decent. but that hair style doesn’t go with the dress and her whole look was very basic. i’m not a miley cyrus fan but at least she tried somtehing different and was more risky.