27.02.12

Princess Charlene Of Monaco In Akris – 2012 Oscars

Princess Charlene of Monaco and Prince Albert II of Monaco attended the 2012 Oscars, held in LA yesterday evening.

The Princess wore an Akris couture gown created by designer Albert Kriemler.

Her white lace stripe mock neck sleeveless gown with a keyhole back was teamed with a matching mini Akris ‘Allegra’ bag.

Credit: Getty

Busy Phillips In Dolce & Gabbana - 2012 Oscars

Busy Phillips In Dolce & Gabbana – 2012 Oscars

Leslie Mann In Roberto Cavalli - 2012 Oscars

Leslie Mann In Roberto Cavalli – 2012 Oscars

23 Responses to Princess Charlene Of Monaco In Akris – 2012 Oscars

1. Jon Alexander February 27, 2012 at 10:46 #

Princess Charlene is stunning in this Akris gown.

“Her appearance at the 2012 Oscars marks the first time a member of Monaco’s royal family has attended the event since Grace Kelly won her Oscar in 1955 for best actress.” …. A wonderful moment!

2. noo February 27, 2012 at 10:50 #

this is not good! charlene could do so much better! the dress is messy and almost too casual, her hair and make up make her look washed out! and her posture does not indicate olympic swimmer!

• AW February 27, 2012 at 14:18 #

I agree. There’s something so vapid about her in these photos. The dress is meh but it’s could’ve been better if she seems “alive”.

3. Snowlion February 27, 2012 at 11:15 #

The dress accentuates her shoulders, she all too often wears pale, washed out make up and has that expression that makes her look off with the pixies.

4. bec February 27, 2012 at 11:19 #

She always has such sad eyes…..Every time i see her I just want to give her a hug! :/

• barefoot duchess February 27, 2012 at 12:02 #

I totally agree with you!! I can’t believe how depressed she looks… I want to hug her too :(

• Carolina Roq February 27, 2012 at 13:34 #

Yes! She always looks soo sad, I guess she didn’t want to get married.

• molly February 28, 2012 at 03:23 #

She is much different in interviews than pictures. In interviews she is much more alive and fun. I think she is just a sack of nerves around cameras.

5. GirlOne February 27, 2012 at 11:44 #

Grace Kelly wasn’t a member of the royal family at the time, though.

6. deluxeduck February 27, 2012 at 12:01 #

she should’ve just ditched those earrings and worn her modern Lorenz Baumer tiara instead.

7. Lee Ann February 27, 2012 at 12:19 #

gosh she looks miserable

8. Emi February 27, 2012 at 12:26 #

I don’t like it, I don’t like the neckline, the color washes her out and the make up doesn’t help.

9. dee February 27, 2012 at 13:50 #

Ugly dress and she looks tired.

10. EmmaWoodhouse February 27, 2012 at 14:50 #

She looks tired, awkward, and uncomfortable. Sadly the dress is doing nothing for her. Grace Kelly was always so poised and elegant…:)

11. Jones19 February 27, 2012 at 15:26 #

She looks so old and haggard, the makeup and hair are terrible.

12. Camille February 27, 2012 at 16:08 #

agree with everyone, dress is blah, color does nothing for her. Makeup is drab and rooster hair is unflattering. Most of all, she looks miserable. Reminds me of Princess Diana photos where she looked glum and unhappy. Albert seems like such a tool, her expression sort of says it all.

13. Maitlin H. February 27, 2012 at 18:25 #

She seems very sweet. She reminds me of both Grace and Diana. Beautiful and delicate demeanor.
    All you people need to stop the nonsense she’s there because she wanted this. I like her much better than Kate, can’t stand that socialcclimbing Middleton woman.

14. jane February 27, 2012 at 20:10 #

You have money, you need to do better than this! This is part of your socializing obligation as a socialite, no excuses for crappy dress.

15. Alina February 28, 2012 at 14:36 #

Is she ill?

16. Mary anne February 28, 2012 at 19:57 #

Princess Charlene looks bored and sad – she should change her hair style

17. Jess2 March 1, 2012 at 14:01 #

She looks so sad and tired the poor thing. I do not like this look at all I am afraid. I don’t like such a high neck on her but I don’t like the dress in general especially with the striped looking top.

18. Bedelia March 1, 2012 at 18:14 #

As one who suffers from extensive cervical degeneration, the image of her on the left with her head tilted looks like pictures of me when the pain is out of control and the muscle spasms cause intense stiffness.

In the image on the right her cheek looks a bit like a recent bruise covered with makeup — which, again, reminds me of when I tried to use makeup to hide the bruising after the accident that caused my cervical disease.

So I can’t help but wonder if she had an accident while horseback riding or something? She looks possibly zoned out on muscle relaxers — which causes fatigue and depression,as if everything is a huge effort akin to wading through molasses — and which, were it the case, would explain why it looks like she put so little effort into her dressage and makeup.

19. Brooke March 1, 2012 at 19:26 #

Why does her stylist hate her? Instead of taking advantage of how well her shoulders would hang any number of beautiful garments, she is consistently dressed to look as if she has just now been dragged out of bed and thrown into a colorless frock. Imagine her in jewel tones, cutaway shoulders, nipped-in waists and full skirts. She has so much potential that’s being wasted.