Lily Collins In Monique Lhuillier – 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

My jaw dropped when I saw Lily Collins at the 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party in West Hollywood last night.

Lily looked picturesque in a Monique Lhuillier Pre-Fall 2012 nude and blue embroidered tulle ¾ sleeve ball gown.

Set to appear as Snow White in this year’s ‘Mirror, Mirror,’ Lily looked every bit the princess in this show-stopping gown.

The star-making dress was accessorized with Tiffany & Co jewelry and a tousled up-do.

Should she have saved this for the ‘Mirror, Mirror’ world premiere?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Frugal Friday

Frugal Friday

Paz Vega In Stéphane Rolland Couture - Elton John’s AIDS Foundation Academy Awards Viewing Party

Paz Vega In Stéphane Rolland Couture – Elton John’s AIDS Foundation Academy Awards Viewing Party

28 Responses to Lily Collins In Monique Lhuillier – 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

1. EmmaWoodhouse February 27, 2012 at 22:08 #

At first I thought it was too costumey but now I love it. It really suits her so well, and is very Snow White. It must have been so fun to wear! :D (I think it would have been a tad better if the tulle was pale blue, but that’s only a minor complaint!)

2. Matt R February 27, 2012 at 22:16 #

I could have sworn when I first saw this dress that it was Marchesa, from their recently presented Fall 2012 collection. I have to say that I love the dress, but it appears to wash her out a little, in my opinion. Maybe if the dress was blue and the embroidery/design were white or another color I would love it more.

• gurlygurl February 27, 2012 at 23:49 #

Agreed! This is a striking dress unfortunately it does not work with her coloring losing alot of its appeal for me. I also feel she’s just not quite ready to carry off a gown like this, the dress is wearing her. It looks divine on the runway!

3. Mahima February 27, 2012 at 22:27 #

This is tied with my most favourite.
    It’s so different but still amazing.

4. Pat McNulty February 27, 2012 at 22:28 #

Love the dress, love Lily, just not the two together. It’s such a beautiful gown but she just couldn’t carry it. Give her five years though…

5. Giuseppi Giraffe February 27, 2012 at 22:43 #

Lovely! Has she had her eyebrows done?

6. Elle February 27, 2012 at 22:45 #

OH MY GOOD LAWDY LAWDDDDDDD, she looks soooooo amazing. The blue really captures you! She is one of the most beautiful girls I’ve seen on the red carpet lately. Always a pleasant demeanor, she is a perfect Snow White for ‘Mirror Mirror’ also. Can’t wait to see more in the movie.

7. JessieG February 27, 2012 at 22:48 #

Oh, I completely disagree with the other posters. The nude background is what makes it so amazing. This is hands down my favorite gown of the night. Brilliant.

8. Lou February 27, 2012 at 22:49 #

Eye-catching.

9. lola February 27, 2012 at 23:05 #

No… Just no… That dress is TOOO MUCH for her… She is so bleh… Idk

10. Dhppy February 27, 2012 at 23:48 #

Wonderful, but too fancy for a party. I’m thinking Cannes.

11. Aline February 27, 2012 at 23:56 #

My jaw dropped too. I’m wowed, I’m amazed. I wanted so badly for someone to wear a Monique Lhullier for the Oscars! In a way, it’s a shame that no one else wore it for the ceremony, but damn, I’m glad that at least someone wore it at all. And I think Lily ROCKS it!

12. msd February 28, 2012 at 00:09 #

She’s overdressed for an Oscars party. I do like the dress itself but I think it needs someone older and taller. It’s overwhelming her.

13. Ramsay February 28, 2012 at 00:32 #

Let’s get things straight: you have to at least be a nominee to wear a dress like that – it’s still is a nice dress

14. Hannah February 28, 2012 at 00:33 #

I thought the same thing when you said should she have saved this, but then I thought no. This dress is serving such an important purpose, well 2 actually.
    1. The nature and princesslike qualities of the dress reminds us about the film, which personally I’d forgotten about and
    2. We, or I at least, are excited to see what she wears ot teh premiere.

• CreoleLady February 28, 2012 at 01:06 #

ITA on both points. I too am now interested and I never thought I’d say that about Lily Collins. Can’t take my eyes off that blue.

15. Jones19 February 28, 2012 at 00:51 #

This is too big of a gown for an after party. Wear that to the red carpet girl.

16. Eve February 28, 2012 at 02:06 #

I almost think she should’ve saved it for her movie premiere, depending on time and venue it could have been either perfect, or costumey. But the dress is gorgeous.

17. Emi February 28, 2012 at 09:32 #

She looks like a Princess, maybe you’re right about saving this for the premiere of her movie.

• Alina February 28, 2012 at 16:50 #

18. goldfish February 28, 2012 at 12:39 #

i don’t like it- the colors are a bit off and i honestly doesn’t do anything for me

19. Leti February 28, 2012 at 15:50 #

1. I don’t like this dress on Lily, at all! I don’t think it suit her coloring. I much prefer how the tulle blends better with the model’s coloring. On Lily, it stands out too much. In my mind, this looks even worse than the tulle on Kate Hudson’s dress. I also don’t think she’s statuesque enough to pull this off.

2. I think she’s over dress for a party.

20. Nessa N February 28, 2012 at 19:02 #

Lily is such a sweetheart. A Monique Lhuillier creation on her is a perfect combination!

21. Nicolette February 28, 2012 at 19:57 #

god i love this dress! Nice colours :)

22. Amy February 28, 2012 at 23:15 #

I love the dress (awesome color and details), and I love the whole look. I think it’s a nice dress for a young actress.She really looks like a princess and it doesn’t bother me at all

23. daniella catalano April 3, 2012 at 05:10 #

this dress is MARCHESA. do your research….

24. Louise February 25, 2013 at 12:50 #

this is really gorgeous, I think I’m in love.