27.02.12

Diane Kruger In Calvin Klein – 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

At the 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party in West Hollywood last night, Diane Kruger stepped out in a daring look that can only be described as ‘red hot.’

Diane showed some skin in a plunging Calvin Klein dress with an exposed lace bra insert.

Whilst Diane does look good, I’m not excited about this look at all.

It’s mostly the hair that ruins the look for me, followed by the fact that it’s Calvin Klein when she tends to pick more interesting designers when hitting the red carpet.

That high blonde ponytail with the dark roots just send a shiver down my spine.

Smouldering copper smoky eyes, gold earrings and a Judith Leiber clutch completed her look.

Credit: Getty

Selena Gomez In Dolce & Gabbana - 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Selena Gomez In Dolce & Gabbana – 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Cameron Diaz In Victoria Beckham - 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Cameron Diaz In Victoria Beckham – 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

23 Responses to Diane Kruger In Calvin Klein – 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

1. Eva February 27, 2012 at 23:05 #

She is unbelievably beautiful……………I am so jealous.

2. Mandy February 27, 2012 at 23:22 #

Do you have a runway pic form this dress? I would like to know if the bra belongs to the dress or it was Dianes idea…..xx

• Fashion Critic February 27, 2012 at 23:25 #

there is not runway picture.

The bra appears to be built into the dress

3. pipsqueak February 27, 2012 at 23:24 #

I love this look. Hair and make-up were flawless. The bra detail was very playful. Diane looked stunning yet fresh.

4. Nicky February 27, 2012 at 23:29 #

She looks outstanding. This is how you do an unforgettable look. Perfect as always!

5. Jess2 February 27, 2012 at 23:30 #

I agree about the hair FC not good at all! She looks great in the dress ofcourse but we have come to expect more from her, especially on Oscars night!

6. Kennedy February 27, 2012 at 23:35 #

Is it just the lighting or is her ponytail really THAT much lighter? Noooooo Diane do not go the Miley Cyrus route…!!

7. gurlygurl February 27, 2012 at 23:42 #

I love the dress. I’m not sold on the ponytail. Soft old glamour waves would have worked or an updo. I am a little suprised at how simple this dress is though. Even though it looks amazing on her I was expecting something much more dramatic!

8. EmmaWoodhouse February 27, 2012 at 23:51 #

I’m afraid I don’t like this look. The hair is rather dreadful and the dress with exposed lace bra insert is tacky. I’m disappointed.

9. Marybeth February 27, 2012 at 23:52 #

Oh noooooo. This is sad.
    Please, please, please, let the ombre hair craze go away.

10. justme February 28, 2012 at 00:04 #

I really like the dress but not on Diane.

11. Ramsay February 28, 2012 at 00:10 #

I like a lot – and Calvin Klein can be interesting for evening (though i comcede less than Elie Saab) – her hair is a let down still this is such a fun, youthful, sexy look – it’s refreshing actually

12. CreoleLady February 28, 2012 at 00:15 #

Nice as a negligee. Lacy bra, check. Plunging neckline, check. Soft filmy material, check. Red, check. Bedroom, check … no wait, this is a red carpet. Tacky.

13. Hannah February 28, 2012 at 00:27 #

I lvoe this from the hairlien down.
    Had she goen for hollywood, Veronica Lake waves, or even marcel waves, I am sure that this would have been a thousand times better, because everything feels so glamorous and smouldering apart from the hair.
    I sitll love this and this is one of my favourites of the afterparties.

14. Jones19 February 28, 2012 at 00:46 #

This is so stunning and unusually sexy for Diane. I love everything about this look.

15. gabis February 28, 2012 at 00:58 #

I was a little disappointed during the Oscar’s Red Carpet and official Ceremony due to the absence of Francisco Costa’s designs. But thankfully Vanity Fair’s party changed that since stars like Olivia Munn, Teresa Palmer and Diane opted for dresses from my adored designer. Even though the latter is not one of my favorites. For me it’s the lace exposed bra that sends a shiver down my spine. The very idea of exposed underwear is not very good to begin with, so the best thing that could’ve been done here was to use interesting materials on that part of dress such as leather or a embroidered sparkly detail, anything please but that tacky lace.
    The hair doesn’t really bother me although it looks a little strange. Makeup and accessories are flawless. Overall is a gorgeous look.

16. mandy February 28, 2012 at 05:15 #

Anyone seen Anne Hathaway? I miss her =(

17. Andreea February 28, 2012 at 08:05 #

Not that crazy about the hair,but she always looks amazing and i love this dress.

18. Emi February 28, 2012 at 09:13 #

Gorgeous!!!!!!

19. robbie February 28, 2012 at 15:28 #

trashy, this to an oscars party really? this belongs on one of the kardashians not diane.

20. Alina February 28, 2012 at 16:57 #

Def. not her best.

21. Rory February 28, 2012 at 21:53 #

TACKY TACKY TACKY and if it was anybody else you lot would have already called her out on it.

22. Brooke March 1, 2012 at 18:32 #

Certainly not her best look, but the complaints about her hair seem a bit much – it is obvious that the high contrast of the photo (i.e., whoever edited it) is to blame; Diane has wonderful hair.