Menu

27.02.12

Angelina Jolie In Atelier Versace – 2012 Oscars

Angelina Jolie was showing so much leg on the red carpet at the 2012 Oscars, I had question whether she had been possessed by Megan Fox and Blake Lively.

I have never seen Angelina work a gown this hard.

Donatella will be happy to see the normally stoic actress showcase this beautiful Atelier Versace gown to its full potential, but at times it was too much.

I mean she’s practically doing the splits. Even Blake Lively would be horrified.

Her black custom-made strapless Atelier Versace velvet gown with a thigh-high split was teamed with Salvatore Ferragamo custom-made black velvet peep toe pumps.

When you are Angelina Jolie, everyone is willing to custom something to your requirements, even if it is yet another black gown.

Credit: Getty

Penelope Cruz In Armani Privé - 2012 Oscars

Penelope Cruz In Armani Privé – 2012 Oscars

Gwyneth Paltrow In Tom Ford - 2012 Oscars

Gwyneth Paltrow In Tom Ford – 2012 Oscars

141 Responses to Angelina Jolie In Atelier Versace – 2012 Oscars

1. Rosalie February 27, 2012 at 09:37 #

If she wanted to show that much leg she should have asked that her dress not have so much material on the skirt

2. D February 27, 2012 at 09:21 #

so disaapointed………:(:(:(

• D February 27, 2012 at 09:29 #

i used to love angelina a few years back but she scares me these days……

3. mandy February 27, 2012 at 09:20 #

Oh guys don’t be a hater just because the sexiest woman alive has come out and play 🙂 She is easily my best dressed =)

4. kiwi February 27, 2012 at 09:02 #

I did not see her on the TV for the RC, she looks great.. some overposing but not tacky

5. Lola February 27, 2012 at 08:39 #

Seeing as the split is the only(visible) “sensation” on this beautiful…but very black velvet gown, somebody told her to work the split…and she did a little clumsily…but still-she gave it all… It is forgiveable – whatever she wears she is a class act…

6. Zmia February 27, 2012 at 08:36 #

She’s trying to hard to pose, and that’s bad for actress who is oscar usual guest.
    And dress, already seen, boring!

7. Sharon February 27, 2012 at 08:19 #

That was such a beautiful dress, but her constant posing took all the attention away from it. If I were the designer, I wouldn’t be happy. It was bad enough on the red carpet where it could be seen as a send-up, but when she did it on stage (and had some trouble arranging herself), she turned it into comedy fodder for all the late night shows. Too bad because she did look lovely.

8. Andreea February 27, 2012 at 08:16 #

Too much sexy.I would have preffered that the dress would speak for herself,not her legs.

9. Karen February 27, 2012 at 08:16 #

She’s never looked more like a starlet! =(

10. Ramsay February 27, 2012 at 08:11 #

She has lost some weight – the dress is fine but she is working too hard for it – she looks sexy which was the point i guess but she has to pose funnily for it- it just seems forced

11. d February 27, 2012 at 08:06 #

its oscar angie is trying too hard 🙁

12. A. February 27, 2012 at 07:48 #

I love Angelina. Even though the dress is really skimpy and revealing, she manages to look graceful as ever. I love her makeup, makes her look even more flawless and beautiful than she already is.

13. Lily February 27, 2012 at 07:33 #

What is she up to? I just can’t warm to this at all and clearly neither can she – I thought I was the whitest person alive!

14. GirlOne February 27, 2012 at 07:19 #

Ludicrous.

15. hally February 27, 2012 at 07:02 #

hahhaaaa! your comments are spot on FC!

I liked the dress, no one is reinventing the wheel here, but Angelina looked gorgeous. I really am not expecting much more from her style-wise anymore.

she looked like she was trying to have fun with the posing, and it didn’t look as desperate on the carpet, but it sure was out of character! I’m not sure why she was so determined to keep that leg in view, but, um, ok Angie!

16. T from Sydney February 27, 2012 at 06:38 #

i dont like the dress and she looks stupid posing like that…..no one looks good posing like that.

17. boi February 27, 2012 at 06:21 #

legs wide open…
    and her skinny legs are digusting

• Nia February 27, 2012 at 15:37 #

I agree. It might not have been so bad if she actually had curvy, va-va-voom thigh and leg to flash. But her leg and thigh looked a bit too skinny and lacking in muscle tone. Her demeanor last night did not suit her body type, outfit or personality.
      I did not care much for the dress. She has knocked many a black dress out of the park on other occasions, but not last night. Too much fabric, I don’t know – something about it I just didn’t like.

• Marian February 29, 2012 at 18:45 #

SO TRUE!!! I was like OMG!! she is so skinny!! her leg looks so bad in that BEAUTIFUL dress!!, she needs some tanning, hang out with the sun sometimes, Angelina!!
        And please eat well, because that bones coming out of your body, are so disgusting!! Please do not lose that beauty!!

18. Patricia February 27, 2012 at 06:09 #

She had incorporated Lea Michelle… The pose was so to much for me… even one guy mocked her on stage in from like everybody… How embarrassing.

19. Sally February 27, 2012 at 05:51 #

Is this her “Tom Cruise couch jumping” moment? It became so tired and ridiculously over worked within such a short time frame. By the time she presented her leg sounded like a heavy lead prop hitting the stage when she flung it out of her skirt.

20. rebecca o February 27, 2012 at 05:49 #

She was acting so bizarre! I thought she was drunk.

21. Aline February 27, 2012 at 05:47 #

When she came up the stage and did that pose, I bursted out laughing at how incredily RIDICULOUS she looked.

I’ll never really understand why people actually care about this woman. It’s always the same hair, the same kind of dress, the same smug smile, the same attitude…

• Mariana February 29, 2012 at 04:11 #

22. Taylor February 27, 2012 at 05:29 #

OTT…just not a good look period

23. Sabina February 27, 2012 at 05:26 #

I couldn’t believe my eyes, could not find a decent picture without the leg sticking out like it was broken! And to repeat the same on stage…props to that
    guy who won and mimicked her pose, funniest moment of the night!

24. Kim February 27, 2012 at 05:17 #

Mannn these photos give me secondhand embarrassment. She’s normally so classy. I’m not saying she doesn’t look smoking hot, but her “werking” it so hard is just so strange!

25. b February 27, 2012 at 05:14 #

OMG what with the pose st. Angie!!??!

She made me giggle so hard

26. mandy February 27, 2012 at 05:09 #

Omfg. Omfg !!!!!!!!!!! Shoot me shoot me !! This is why u never ever compare Megan Fox with this woman. Ever !!

27. Regina February 27, 2012 at 05:08 #

Oh come on! JLo posing like that all the time. Angie is having fun. Go girl!

• Fashion Critic February 27, 2012 at 10:03 #

we expect if from Jlo, that is the difference.

I was a shock to see Angie like this

28. mm February 27, 2012 at 05:06 #

LMAO FC, I wasnt feeling her tonite. On stage her hair was off and the lipstick color was too much.

29. Em February 27, 2012 at 05:03 #

wow, her posing is OTT but i love it! i’ve never seen Angelina work a dress this much so you can tell she feels fab in it. oh the transformative powers of fashion!

30. Teleholic February 27, 2012 at 04:54 #

She does look good, but I never ever ever ever EVER thought I’d EVER EVER EVER get a Phoebe Price vibe from Angelina Jolie.

• Viola February 27, 2012 at 06:08 #

hahahahaahaa I am in tears over this comment

• luci February 27, 2012 at 09:54 #

jajaja 😀

31. christine February 27, 2012 at 04:53 #

While i am very pleased with her dress choice, the shoes could be better and she definitely needs to close her legs! lord knows she already has enough children!

32. Jeremy February 27, 2012 at 04:53 #

Girl, how do you manage to come up with such awesome, dead-on funny stuff like this at 5 in the morning. I did find Angela posing to be so comically.

• Fashion Critic February 27, 2012 at 04:54 #

LOL 🙂

33. mari February 27, 2012 at 04:45 #

looks amazing and sexy, totally working it, a la Blake, totally, but at the same time she seemed playful and having so much fun. One could see in her face that.
    The dress looked nice, black and all.
    Quite a few nice dresses today.

34. pipsqueak February 27, 2012 at 04:44 #

I don’t understand her pose either. She did that also when she was on stage presenting. She seemed high on drugs – just very uncharacteristic of the usual aloof Angie who thinks fashion is beneath her. She looked a bit silly, reminding me of the cartoon character Jessica Rabbit. With her pale skin, I’m sure we would’ve still seen her leg(s) even if she hadn’t posed so hard. The origami gown is amazing, though.

• Mila February 29, 2012 at 12:19 #

I was thinking the same thing. Jessica Rabbit.
      It wouldn’t be trashy if the make up was toned down a bit and hair is too big. She is very thin so that is why she probably wears more structural dresses. Leg thing, i don’t care really. I really like her, and i was very disappointed by The Tourist. Her face is kind of strange now, too many bones visible. But i still think she is beautiful but too thin.

35. Eve February 27, 2012 at 04:42 #

No, hell no. It’s very hard to outdo Blake Lively, Megan Fox and Lea Michelle, but boy it’s like the three of them came together! She is not a wannabe, but she sure does look like one. And the dress by itself looks like a strapless winter coat, so heavy and bulky. One of the worst dressed for me. It is a little sad, because it finally seems like she cares about what she wears and she made an effort, but it’s just all sorts of wrong.

• Fashion Critic February 27, 2012 at 04:51 #

LOL…yes I forgot that Lea Michele does this too

• Leti February 27, 2012 at 05:16 #

Couldn’t have said it better myself!

36. Paulo February 27, 2012 at 04:42 #

Lea Michele is that you?

Overly dramatic…on the red carpet and even on stage! No wonder she was mocked by one of the winners.

37. Carla February 27, 2012 at 04:41 #

What made it all worse is that she pulled this same pose on stage as a presenter! It was beyond tacky, and then one of the guys who won mocked her while she was still onstage. Everyone’s mocking her now.

38. JJ February 27, 2012 at 04:36 #

Everyone always complains over a black dress. But on Angie, it just works!

39. Emerico February 27, 2012 at 04:34 #

What a hilarious post, I love it. But let’s face it, she is Angelina Jolie. Blake Lively and Megan Fox might look tacky posing like this, but Angelina? Never.

Having said that, her scarily scrawny legs are no competition for that surreally beautiful face. She should put them away and let us focus on the real gorgeousness neck-up. Loving the red lips.

• noo February 27, 2012 at 11:10 #

on the red carpet she didn’t look tacky at all! but then on stage it was like she was forcing her leg out, it was hilarious 😀

• dee February 27, 2012 at 20:44 #

Her scarily scrawny legs are no competition for that surreally beautiful face. She should put them away and let us focus on the real gorgeousness neck-up.

^^^ this made me laugh and I so sgree. Her face is absolutely beautiful but her arms and legs look terrible.

40. bee7 February 27, 2012 at 04:33 #

Lol FC!

41. Raquel February 27, 2012 at 04:33 #

I was more horrified at how thin she is.

42. Bec February 27, 2012 at 04:32 #

In every photo I’ve seen she is doing the same!! What’s come over her?!

I mean she looks amazing, but in a couple of photos I was laughing cause it seems so over the top!!

• Courteney February 27, 2012 at 04:37 #

When she presented on stage she was stillll working it! Haha What has come over her? Maybe she’s drunk.

• gurlygurl February 27, 2012 at 04:39 #

So true! She’s usually such a class act even if she is predictable. I just don’t understand the parted lips, parted legs, come hither look. It’s all just WAYYYY too over the top and out of character for her since she’s had children. A little bizarre really.

• mari February 27, 2012 at 05:11 #

I bet she was tired of promoting her heavy movie and all the serious looks she was wearing to compliment her war film.
        She was not in competition tonight, and she showed she is still the same person wih different facets. I do not think she minds.
        she looked prettier tonight that in all her other looks in this award season in my opinion.

43. Courteney February 27, 2012 at 04:32 #

She overworked this which ruins the dress for me. She is so tiny! Too tiny!

• Saree February 27, 2012 at 05:03 #

Overworked and then some. I mean, she makes Lea Michele look tame when she tries and pouts. I guess it’s a side we’ve never seen of Ange, but I must say.. Jen has the better legs (hehe)

• Snowlion February 27, 2012 at 05:19 #

+ me

• Rahel February 27, 2012 at 09:23 #

Yes. Lea Michele, I forgot her name but her posing looks even better than Angelina’s.

• towanda February 27, 2012 at 18:35 #

yes i agree with you.this is excatly lea michele look

44. Linda February 27, 2012 at 04:32 #

Very strange.

45. AW February 27, 2012 at 04:32 #

Prostitute chic. It would be almost comical if it wasn’t so sad.

The pose, hair and makeup makes it all look so cheap and tawdry.

It’s not that great of a dress, the fabric looks tortured and heavy.

• Lyn February 27, 2012 at 04:36 #

really prostitute?do you know what you’re talking about?that is very rude.it reflects on what personality you have.

• AW February 27, 2012 at 04:56 #

Yes. Really. Overdone hair. Painted on makeup. Legs spread apart. An expensive gown does not make a lady.

I’m entitled to my opinion. If you can’t take the heat, avoid my kitchen.

• Nancy February 27, 2012 at 05:14 #

AW – I totally agree with you. Angelina is common trash and she dressed her part. I am suprised she did not chew gum on stage too.

• vicky February 27, 2012 at 05:48 #

Horrible. No further comment.

• vicky February 27, 2012 at 05:54 #

*didn’t mean for this to be a reply to AW, sorry
            (BTW I quite liked your comment)

• mari February 27, 2012 at 06:30 #

this kind of comments should not be allowed , FC.

• J February 27, 2012 at 14:09 #

It does look trashy. I have to agree. A less desperate pose would go a long way in cleaning this look up.

• SilentVisitor February 27, 2012 at 04:38 #

+1,000,000

• Kennedy February 27, 2012 at 05:19 #

The fabric is awful.

• Slash February 27, 2012 at 11:09 #

I absolutely agree with you. I’m glad I’m not the only one thinking the same thing.
      I mean, she had her moments, but this is by far the worst. Back to the blood-bottle phase. Trashy and Versace unworthy.

• Kin February 29, 2012 at 21:34 #

I agree, that’s just being personal. That’s a rather harsh term. There are better ways to express negativity.
      For example: “Your comment is as cheap and tawdry as her pose.”
      Now wasn’t that simple.

46. Jessica February 27, 2012 at 04:31 #

I wish she had not worked it THAT hard. she looks good (that I cannot deny!!) but it looked so silly as she was presenting the award she put her hand on her hip and stuck her leg out then spoke!

• lily February 27, 2012 at 09:09 #

totally agree with you. I really don’t know why she’s doing it onstage.

47. bm February 27, 2012 at 04:30 #

I love her here, at least she showed the black dressed on her isn’t boring again.

• SilentVisitor February 27, 2012 at 17:25 #

Really? her dress is once again black, hence the need to work it out

48. gurlygurl February 27, 2012 at 04:30 #

When I first saw the images of her with that pose I thought… “Is this a send up?”. Apparently not! I guess after so many, many, many black dresses that all look the same after a while the only way to get noticed is to practically do a high kick. I’m very disappointed. That leg is so distracting and for all the wrong reasons. The dress itself looks plush I just wish it was not on Ange. Love the lip color!

• Rahel February 27, 2012 at 09:22 #

I can’t even concentrate on the dress because I can only think about this stupid pose. I can’t remember anyone elese looking so stupid.

• J February 27, 2012 at 14:07 #

Heh heh heh. I wonder if this pose will soon be called ‘Angelina Leg’ or ‘The Red Carpet Splits’? lol

49. Vidhya February 27, 2012 at 04:29 #

ROFL.. Excellent critic 😀 I’m laughing so hard here.. I thank god you are saying it as it is.. I’m sick of everyone putting her in the best dressed already

• Tiger Nueng February 27, 2012 at 07:14 #

I agree with you…I love her look at the Golden Globe but this look No No No!!!

50. Christine February 27, 2012 at 04:28 #

LMFAO.

I was wondering what is going on with the posing but she is working it! Still LOL!

• Kennedy February 27, 2012 at 05:18 #

OMG the second picture… I seriously had to do a double take because that is SUCH a Blake Lively “sexy face.” It is nearly cringe worthy. When she did this pose while presenting I honestly thought it was part of a skit but then when the writers from The Descendants mocked her, I realized that she was either having a major “I’m sexy” moment or possessed… or a combo of both! It seemed so unnatural.

• Christine February 27, 2012 at 16:43 #

LOL!!!!!

• Marvel February 27, 2012 at 16:37 #

I completely agree. The best comment FC has EVER written.
      LMFAO

• Christine February 27, 2012 at 19:50 #

I agree! FC, you are amazing!