Anna Kendrick In McQ Alexander McQueen – 2012 Independent Spirit Awards

Anna Kendrick broke out of her snoozeville phase at the 2012 Independent Spirit Awards, held in Santa Monica, California this evening.

The ‘Twilight’ actress wore a McQ by Alexander McQueen Pre- Fall 2012 dress.

Her cute strapless paisley printed dress with a full skirt and black leather detailing around the waist, which teamed with a Brian Atwood ‘Honey’ cut out and peep-toes which are to-die-for, although I don’t think I could walk too far in those pin heels.

A Kelly Wearstler pleated clutch with a jewel box enclosure, wavy locks and a pink lip colour completed her look.

Credit: McQ.com & Getty

Andrea Guasch In Ana Locking -  17th Malaga Film Festival 2014 Opening Ceremony

Andrea Guasch In Ana Locking – 17th Malaga Film Festival 2014 Opening Ceremony

Lucy Liu In Roberto Cavalli - 2012 Independent Spirit Awards

Lucy Liu In Roberto Cavalli – 2012 Independent Spirit Awards

14 Responses to Anna Kendrick In McQ Alexander McQueen – 2012 Independent Spirit Awards

1. Hannah February 26, 2012 at 01:33 #

I absolutely hate her shoes (here, they are beautiful, but no, they feel a little out of tne withthe reast of the look), but I love everything up form there, especially her very groomed appearance, her hair in particular. The posture could be significantly better, as could the posing, but she looks good, which is nice because I remember her stellar awards season run 2(?)years ago.

• Jess2 February 26, 2012 at 04:20 #

I completely agree about the shoes and posture!! Those shoes are so wrong here. Love the rest of the look.

2. Luciana February 26, 2012 at 01:43 #

too vanilla!

• tiffany nicole February 26, 2012 at 14:33 #

right. Though the dress is not vanilla, she gives it a very vanilla vibe.

3. Jacqu February 26, 2012 at 02:18 #

Yes! Finally something with color! I like the whole look but she needs to project an edgier vibe to be worthy of this dress.

4. gabis February 26, 2012 at 02:50 #

I don’t think I have seen two accessories working so beautifully together as these shoes and black leather detail are on that look. They are perfectly balanced and complementary at the same time.
    I probably wouldn’t care about the dress if it wasn’t for that leather detail. As for the shoes, the cut out detail really kills every intention of heaviness that could’ve been caused by the shoes. That is perfectly clear when you compare with the model’s ankle boots.
    Flawless makeup and hair complete this truly gorgeous look. I don’t even mind the lack of jewelry.
    And I agree with you FC, her shoes are really to-die-for. I’m dying here already!

5. CTgirl February 26, 2012 at 04:38 #

I think this look works for her in every way. The dress suits her figure and is interesting (love the leather detailing) without showing an over abundance of skin. The shoes and bag add edge without being cartoonish. The natural hair and makeup are perfect for the venue. This is an all around winning look.

6. bm February 26, 2012 at 05:09 #

Perfect!

7. kiwi February 26, 2012 at 06:30 #

Love the shoes with the dress.. wish her hair was better

8. Alina February 26, 2012 at 06:41 #

The dress is beautiful, but I don’t think she’s working it enough.

9. M February 26, 2012 at 07:32 #

the dress is fine, but the shoes makes her legs look stumpy….

10. CreoleLady February 26, 2012 at 08:20 #

Love everything but the hair — too poufy, crooked part, raggedy ends.

11. Caro February 26, 2012 at 12:55 #

Love everything, even the shoes. The best she’s looked on the red carpet.

12. EmmaWoodhouse February 26, 2012 at 16:59 #

Yes, she needs better posture, but I love this look! She was one of the best of the night–wearing McQueen with the right feminine yet edgy attitude. I love her shoes and her clutch–the hair is fine (except for the one dark lock on her right shoulder which is odd) and I’m glad she kept her makeup soft.