25.02.12

Jessica Chastain joined Vanessa Hudgens on the red carpet for the 5th Annual Women in Film Pre-Oscar Cocktail Party in LA last night.

After disappointing us on her last outing, the actress opted for an Elie Saab Spring 2011 dress on this occasion.

Her pink three quarter sleeve crepe cocktail dress was an improvement, but I’m not crazy about the pumps.

From the ankles up, stunning.

Credit: Getty

Nicole Richie In Emanuel Ungaro - QVC Presents ‘The Buzz on the Red Carpet’ Cocktail Party

Nicole Richie In Emanuel Ungaro – QVC Presents ‘The Buzz on the Red Carpet’ Cocktail Party

Victoria Beckham In Victoria Beckham - GREAT British Film Reception

Victoria Beckham In Victoria Beckham – GREAT British Film Reception

20 Responses to Jessica Chastain In Elie Saab – 5th Annual Women In Film Pre-Oscar Cocktail Party

1. Alina February 25, 2012 at 11:57 #

Elie Saab is def. her designer.

2. Erik February 25, 2012 at 12:20 #

Jessica Chastain and Elie Saab is a match made in heaven.. I hope she wears one of his designs at the Oscars

• Kennedy February 25, 2012 at 20:00 #

I was thinking the same. I really really really really hope our wish comes true.

Her hair and makeup also looks divine. I think nude pumps would have worked on this occasion but I can forgive the odd choice of footwear. Baby steps…

3. Molly February 25, 2012 at 12:41 #

Agree. This is more like it. She does better with some real color or she tends to wash out.

4. CoutureRani February 25, 2012 at 13:00 #

i love this elie saab dress. love the color actually. really suits jessica’s skin tone

5. Jess2 February 25, 2012 at 13:20 #

She looks beautiful Elie Saab is definitely a great designer for Jessica.

6. Dana February 25, 2012 at 14:09 #

She always looks so OFF. The dress is nice but the shoes are blah, and would some jewelry have killed her?

7. Ariel February 25, 2012 at 18:56 #

I love when she wears color and Elie Saab does it again for her! I’m making color guesses for her Oscar dress- yellow, purple, or green. And it has to be an Elie Saab! Haha

8. Lou February 25, 2012 at 19:21 #

Agree FC! I think Jessica’s accessorising needs much attention

9. ramsay February 25, 2012 at 19:30 #

Another Elie Saab this week – Normally I would’ve said she’ll be wearing his designs tomorrow but I think it’s more likely we’ll see her in one of those green Armani

• Fashion Critic February 25, 2012 at 23:42 #

I think so too

• ramsay February 26, 2012 at 00:49 #

Yep and the question is: who will it be in blue Chanel? Cameron Diaz? Michelle Williams?

• Erik February 26, 2012 at 09:24 #

Please not one of those hideous green Armani dresses.. Michelle Williams in blue Chanel would be amazing

10. Michelle February 25, 2012 at 22:54 #

That colour is amazing on her, she looks radiant. Great dress. Don’t mind the shoes, at least they aren’t shiney nudes and I’m glad she didn’t wear a necklace to ruin the neckline.

11. molly February 25, 2012 at 23:20 #

I love the color and I love the dress. Her style is very classy but she just needs help finding the right stuff, and Elie seems to be her man. Jessicas style is a bit princessey in the sense that she always dresses very clean and simple but elegant.

12. hally February 26, 2012 at 01:47 #

another great look from Elie Saab for Jessica! It is my wish that she wear one of his dresses tomorrow, but since she’s already worn a few looks, it might not come true. Armani is a good prediction.

13. Caro February 26, 2012 at 12:58 #

More Elie Saab indeed. Now PLEASE don’t kill these gorgeous dresses with those black pumps!

14. Bellatrix February 26, 2012 at 13:08 #

I don’t think this dress is very flattering on Jessica, she looks way heavier than what she actually is and I’m really not a fan of this hairstyle

15. EmmaWoodhouse February 26, 2012 at 18:43 #

I hope she wears Elie Saab to the Oscars! (or that gorgeous teal Oscar de la Renta) Granted, this look isn’t perfect–the neckline isn’t sitting quite right–but the color is good on her and she looks more comfortable in his designs. What I’m praying for it a clutch and some jewelry :)