24.02.12

Michelle Williams was in Santa Monica yesterday to attend the 7th Annual ‘Oscar Wilde: Honoring The Irish In Film’ Pre-Academy Awards event at Bad Robot.

Sticking to a tried and trusted formula, the Oscar nominated actress wore a Givenchy Fall 2012 dress which is yet to be presented.

Her black sleeveless dress with white satin trims and ruffled detailed skirt was teamed with black YSL TribToo’s and a Nancy Gonzalez crocodile box clutch.

Whilst I do love this look, as it’s cute, girlie and very much in tune with Michelle’s style, I’m also having a strong feeling of déjà vu.

Do you feel the same?

Credit: Getty

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley's Burberry Prorsum Fall 2012 Bag

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley’s Burberry Prorsum Fall 2012 Bag

Eva Longoria In Cushnie et Ochs - Vanity Fair & Chrysler Celebration

Eva Longoria In Cushnie et Ochs – Vanity Fair & Chrysler Celebration

29 Responses to Michelle Williams In Givenchy – 7th Annual ‘Oscar Wilde: Honoring The Irish In Film’ Pre-Academy Awards Event

1. Linda February 24, 2012 at 14:53 #

Yes, definitely, but if she’s doing this silhouette, I’ll take this version. It looks grown up and chic. I would have preferred better shoes, other than that it’s one of her best looks lately.

2. AW February 24, 2012 at 14:54 #

Neck up is really great, that hair cut is just awesome!

Neck down is deja vu and not in a good or sexy way.

3. dee February 24, 2012 at 15:04 #

Very much the feeling of sameness. Hopefully she will step it up for the Oscars. I loved her Dior pink gown she wore recently.

4. Henrique February 24, 2012 at 15:06 #

I feel the same. I always feel the same looking at her.

5. Terry February 24, 2012 at 15:06 #

This is nothing new for her, but why should she change her style, when the result is so flawless?

6. D February 24, 2012 at 15:07 #

love this look but borinig shoes

7. fromchi-town February 24, 2012 at 15:16 #

As soon as I saw this I thought “hasn’t she worn this before?” – I am bored by this.

8. Hannah February 24, 2012 at 16:11 #

My issue is that she literally has 3 silhouettes and 2 poses.
    The silhouettes are the shift style (as seen here, with slight changes in the hem and maybe sleeves depeding on the looks), the cinched in at the waist dress, usually strapless, with a slightly fuller skirt, pretty much all she wore last year, and the column gown.
    The poses are this one, and this one with her hands in front a la Rooney Mara.

9. Patricia February 24, 2012 at 16:13 #

Michelle Williams “fashion” sense seriously puts me to sleep.

In the Venice festival, Cannes, Oscars last year and Golden globes this year. Same gowns, different color.

Now is happening with the cocktail dresses.

How Boring must be being her stylist.

• bee7 February 25, 2012 at 16:56 #

agreed. and her hair. she should really try another haircut.

10. alannah February 24, 2012 at 16:25 #

personally I’m quite happy to see that her hair is going back blonder, i wasn’t a huge fan of the strawberry blonde that she’d be rocking, i think this colour does more favours for her skin tone!

11. robbie February 24, 2012 at 16:45 #

love it from the ankles up. shoes are just not good at all. i do adore this dress on her.

12. Alina February 24, 2012 at 17:53 #

I really like her makeup.

13. Nat39 February 24, 2012 at 18:10 #

I hope to see the day when Michelle snaps out of this childishness. With her school girl pose, non-sexy presence, and that haircut (that is only good to sing the sound of music and wear curtain couture off your employer’s windows) she makes any potential chic look appear so juvenile.

14. Fiona-Brasil February 24, 2012 at 18:29 #

This girl used to look much better before she morphed into Mia Farrow…This girlie phase is lasting way too long.Please, grow up Michelle, after all you are a young mother.

• Snowlion February 25, 2012 at 01:19 #

+1. Over it.

15. bm February 24, 2012 at 18:33 #

The first Givenchy Fall 2012 dress should belong to Saldana or Blanchet or Swinton, not Michelle.

• Magda February 25, 2012 at 03:23 #

16. Lee ann February 24, 2012 at 18:38 #

Yes but there isn’t anything wrong with sticking with what suits you. I think she looks stunning!

17. EmmaWoodhouse February 24, 2012 at 19:03 #

I kind of preferred her as a red head, but she is cute as a blonde, too. This dress is not really anything “new” per se but it is cute and very Michelle. I like her style!

18. Dhppy February 24, 2012 at 19:06 #

I’d love to see her shake things up a bit and wear some Paul Smith.

19. ramsay February 24, 2012 at 20:44 #

I actually like her style a lot – It is always demure and chic – I love her in that dress
    I am very curious to see who see is gonna be wearing on Sunday

20. Kennedy February 24, 2012 at 22:34 #

I’m so glad she is back to being blonde!!!!!!!!!!

21. SandTony February 24, 2012 at 22:56 #

Good dress, but just boring on Michelle :/

22. Shaina February 24, 2012 at 23:57 #

I’m bored, I wish she would stop falling back to black and white dresses. As pretty as they are, it gets less and less exciting every time.

23. Saree February 25, 2012 at 01:11 #

I’m growing tired of seeing her to be quite honest, cause she really needs to learn how to stand like a human being and not a barbie doll with her arms the way they are. Until then… next!

24. Katharine February 25, 2012 at 01:16 #

This is very much within Michelle’s wheelhouse, but as long as it’s flattering, deja vu is acceptable. The only times I loathe what Michelle’s wearing is when she goes eyerollingly twee, like the Valentino daisy dress or the Victoria Beckham weeping raincloud dress. Otherwise, being a really talented actress gives her automatic bonus points : she’s only on the red carpet when she’s promoting movies or nominated for an award – it’s not her preferred habitat.

25. Moda February 25, 2012 at 23:46 #

Jean Seberg has done this all before..