Katy Perry In Roland Mouret – ‘Katy Perry Lashes by Eylure’ Launch

Katy Perry was in Glendale, California yesterday to launch, ‘Katy Perry Lashes by Eylure’.

She delighted her fans by arriving wearing a blue Roland Mouret ‘Anabelle’ colour-block dress from the Spring 2012 collection to match her 40s inspired blue ‘do.

Her dress features a square neckline, pleated cap sleeves, a black bow at the waist and a godet skirt.

Katy matched her vibrant dress with Giuseppe Zanotti ‘Denny’ bow strap sandals we first saw on Jennifer Hudson.

The singer is really enjoying playing with different shades of blue. I have to say I prefer the blue to her pink phase.

Solange Azagury-Partridge jewels and bubblegum pink lips completed her look.

Do you like this look or is it too cartoonish?

Credit: Style.com & FameFlynet

No. 21 Fall 2012

No. 21 Fall 2012

Moschino Fall 2012 Fashion Show Live Stream

Moschino Fall 2012 Fashion Show Live Stream

36 Responses to Katy Perry In Roland Mouret – ‘Katy Perry Lashes by Eylure’ Launch

1. Christine February 23, 2012 at 22:09 #

Absolute shambles. What a waste of a very pretty dress. Cartoonish is indeed the right word to describe this farce.

2. Nat39 February 23, 2012 at 22:09 #

Silly and comical. No need to go overboard with matchiness and cartoonish ´do. No matter how hard she´s trying to work it, she still looks silly.

• EmmaWoodhouse February 23, 2012 at 23:11 #

+1 The dress was much better on the runway, although I’m not totally sold on the aqua skirt ruffles…on Katy it’s ridiculous and cartoonish. The blue hair is SO BAD!

• gurlygurl February 24, 2012 at 01:04 #

Agreed!

3. Terry February 23, 2012 at 22:17 #

Plain ridiculous. I LOVE blue hair (not really Katy’s blue hair, but still), but this matchy matchy look is absurd and tasteless, imo.

4. Tom Kolovos February 23, 2012 at 22:18 #

she looks like a smurf! love the dress, especially in the black and cream version…

5. Molly February 23, 2012 at 22:32 #

Come on, people – it’s Katy Perry doing her Katy Perry schtick! Fit on the dress is perfect and it flatters Katy’s (flawless) body. The blue hair and costume-y-ness of the color scheme is all part of her “character” – just roll with it! Not my favorite KP look because I don’t love the hair, but I think the dress is gorgeous and she wears it beautifully.

• Rebecca Z February 24, 2012 at 00:07 #

I agree, Molly. Just don’t find this to be all that entertaining.

• Mol February 24, 2012 at 00:47 #

I agree, she is totally in character and it suits her to a T.

• Sharon February 24, 2012 at 03:32 #

I’m with you, Molly. I really enjoy watching Katy and her clothing choices. I think she looks great here, but I wish she’d worn the long shiny blue wig instead. I’ve said it before – she makes me smile – and it’s still true.

• noo February 24, 2012 at 06:41 #

i agree, this is just a fun take on katy’s “character” and i think the fit of the dress is really good :D

6. Erik February 23, 2012 at 22:37 #

I love this, it’s totally her kinda look :)

• Carolina February 24, 2012 at 02:16 #

Totally – it’s just for fun!

7. Clancy from Dallas February 24, 2012 at 00:03 #

Love the ensemble but I despiiiise her hair!! She needs to either go Christina aguilera blonde or red red red!! Hopefully this blue phase is just a response to her divorce and success of the smurfs lol. Over it!!

8. moja31 February 24, 2012 at 00:16 #

ugh this is all kinds of terrible, i can’t express how much i hate the blue hair.

9. mandy February 24, 2012 at 00:28 #

Oh she looks adorable !! Love this look !! She’s got her groove back.

10. molly February 24, 2012 at 00:42 #

I normally like what she wears, but this too cartoonish for my liking.Ugh. Its too bad because I really love that dress.

11. Jones19 February 24, 2012 at 00:45 #

Fashion Police thinks she’s turning into Smurfette lol. I really like her cartoony looks and this is no different. Very chic.

12. Luisa February 24, 2012 at 00:47 #

I’ve had enough of this “quirky” phase of hers. That pin up thing she had going on in the past was so much better in my opinion, as well as the black hair.

13. cara February 24, 2012 at 01:02 #

If she wants blue hair I wish she would wear a wig! The regrowth looks shocking! Just like it did at the Grammys….

Besides that I don’t mind the look, its fun, cute and 100% katy perry… i don’t see a problem with having fun with clothes! I wish i was more daring….

14. Fiona February 24, 2012 at 01:02 #

The hair is just bad, it ends up looking greenish where it grows out to blonde, just not good. I think this is a phase she will look back on and cringe a little.

15. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) February 24, 2012 at 01:53 #

So over the blue hair. The shoes are just silly.

16. CTgirl February 24, 2012 at 02:10 #

Hate this.

17. CeCe February 24, 2012 at 02:42 #

Actually, I prefer the pink phase a lot more. Maybe it was more complementary to her skintone?

18. bee7 February 24, 2012 at 04:20 #

the dress fits her like a glove! i dont mind the hair, just not the shoes.

19. mattison February 24, 2012 at 05:01 #

I prefer this blue phase vs. that awful pink run as well, but I’m still holding out hope she’ll eventually grow tired of making herself look like a fifteen year old girl who’s just discovered Manic Panic and go back to the Bettie Page look. It’s weird how much better suited to dark hair she is for such a fair, natural blond but it just works.

• Snowlion February 25, 2012 at 01:26 #

20. roxana February 24, 2012 at 07:17 #

i love it!

21. Lula February 24, 2012 at 07:21 #

the hari colour is bad..its too bright
    maybe a pastel blue but this is jarring and unflattering
    plus that hairstyle is HIDEOUS
    what’s with those bangs? and those roots!
    the first thing i thought was smurfette
    i really hope she finds a better stlye soon

22. shalone February 24, 2012 at 09:45 #

yeah i dont really like the hair but those dress fit her very well.

23. Shaina February 25, 2012 at 01:00 #

This is possibly my favorite look from her in a while! I’m not a huge fan of the blue hair but I do love that she is playing around with it and this is a great way to do so. Loving everything about this look.

24. Tina February 25, 2012 at 01:12 #

Shoes are awful. They are too clunky and the bright color drags her whole body downwards.

25. Jess2 February 25, 2012 at 02:31 #

I am in two minds about this. I love the dress and I think she wears it well but the styling with the hair and the shoes ruins the overall look. I prefer the pink phase and her blonde hair even more.

26. Kaitlin February 25, 2012 at 07:34 #

The dress looks stunning on Katy, but she looks like Violet Beauregarde was her fashion consultant! I know she loves her blue locks, but not a fan of the curled bangs. The blue heels make the outfit way too overwhelming. She can definitely pull off more eccentric styles, but this getup was too…blue.

27. kiwi February 25, 2012 at 13:04 #

Love it.. looks cute and fun

28. Michelle February 25, 2012 at 23:01 #

I loved that sleek bob she was sporting that was briefly blonde and then pink for about 5 minutes right before she split with Brand. It was beautiful on her but I suppose she thought it was too ordinary for her. sigh. Those shoes are all kinds of awesome and she should have saved them to wear with something a lot less BLUE so that they could stand out and get the glory that they deserve, because here, they are just getting lost in a sea of BLUE.