Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Orla Kiely – Rose Hill Primary School

As the royal patron of The Art Room, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge made her first solo public engagement on Tuesday to support an initiative which encourages confidence in disadvantaged children.

She was cheered on by the crowds at the Rose Hill Primary School in Oxford, England, wearing an Orla Kiely ‘Birdie’ shirt dress.

The walnut-wool long-sleeve jacquard dress with a button-down front and belt accenting the waist was teamed with brown tights and Aquatalia by Marvin K ‘Royal’ weatherproof booties, which are very appropriately named.

A black clutch and Kiki McDonough ‘Grace’ earrings completed her look.

Credit: Getty

Frugal Friday

Frugal Friday

Roksanda Ilincic Fall 2012

Roksanda Ilincic Fall 2012

21 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Orla Kiely – Rose Hill Primary School

1. bec February 23, 2012 at 10:08 #

Cute :)

2. Jordi February 23, 2012 at 10:17 #

I think this colour is not for Duchess of Cambridge, the same with the shape of the dress. Not bad, not well

• Bets February 23, 2012 at 13:27 #

So many brown tones, it’s all blending into one. Hair is the same every time.

3. Vicky February 23, 2012 at 11:37 #

Why couldn’t she have worn the green version?!

• dee February 23, 2012 at 14:09 #

Yeah the green would have been better but she still looks cute nonetheless.

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) February 23, 2012 at 16:44 #

+1. Lotta brown. She looks like a pretty oak tree.

• Fiona February 24, 2012 at 01:15 #

Yes – why not wear the cute green dress. Too much brown. I know she has an image of not dressing over the top, but the public want to see the Princess in something eye-catching and interesting, not dowdy. She needs to look at what Princess Mary of Denmark wears, she seems to have the balance just right.

4. Carolina February 23, 2012 at 12:50 #

I’m not blown away, but that’s ok. I do like the booties and tights, and I’m usually not a fan.

5. robbie February 23, 2012 at 13:50 #

if ever there was a time i wish she wore the boring nude pumps it would be this time. brown dress, brown tights, brown boots all so boring. the green version of the dress is beautiful.

6. EmmaWoodhouse February 23, 2012 at 15:13 #

I love this look! (And yes, I am a huge Catherine fan but I sincerely love her style as well). The dress is cute in green and brown, but I almost prefer the brown for her. There are a lot of brown tones in the look, but I think it comes together very nicely. :)

7. Sophie February 23, 2012 at 19:33 #

This dress is awful. Agreed she should of worn the green version. Looking forward to the day she gets a make over new hair, new look etc etc

8. Dhppy February 23, 2012 at 21:19 #

I agree, the green would look better, but I never want to see her change that dark glossy flowing mane of hers. It’s too beautiful. Diana never changed her hair much, and it became her signature.

• molly February 24, 2012 at 00:52 #

Yea, but Dianas hair wasnt constantly blowing all over the place, getting in the way, etc.

9. Lee ann February 23, 2012 at 22:08 #

Oh please enough. This woman has no style. The colour is wrong . The tights are wrong and let’s not start on the boots- please enough.

10. Tina February 23, 2012 at 23:09 #

Green would have complemented her better but it’s not a horrible look. Very safe but not wowed.

11. molly February 24, 2012 at 00:50 #

Boring. The coat is too short given her position and the wind and her hair is always the same. I think a ponytail would have looked very nice with this. Also, Kate, just because you are a duchess now does not mean that you cant wear color. The Queen is more exciting than you.

• Sarah February 24, 2012 at 07:20 #

Amen!

12. pipsqueak February 24, 2012 at 05:59 #

Too much brown, but it’s an okay look. I’m slightly disappointed with the print, considering it’s coming from Orla Kiely. You’d expect Kiely’s clothes to be as exciting as Marimekko. Everyone’s giving Catherine such a hard time. I think she looks prettier and younger than her (younger) sister Pippa, whose media coverage is beyond me (she has a mom’s face). Catherine also seems like a stronger person than the always georgeous Charlene Wittstock.

13. Alina February 24, 2012 at 15:51 #

IMO, this is not how a princess should look like.

14. Snowlion February 25, 2012 at 01:33 #

Too little girly for my liking.

15. Amy March 17, 2012 at 22:18 #

This is bad: the shape, the print all wrong. It looks like she’s wearing an old sofa cover. I’ve seen her in better outfits