Florence Welch In Alexander McQueen – The Universal Brit Awards After Party

Florence Welch wore her third Alexander McQueen look of the night at the Universal Brits Awards after-party in London last night.

On this occasion she donned a Mother of pearl print high neck ruffle dress with a barnacle lace underskirt which is the commercial version of the dress which hit the runway back in October.

On this occasion she did opt for the ruffle Brancusi sandals, plus she added a matching pearl Alexander McQueen skull box clutch.

After long internal debate I have decided that the performance look was my favourite, but I do prefer this hairstyle.

Like many of you, I’m not a fan of her favoured centre parted style.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Hayden Panettiere In Gucci - ‘Vanities’ 20th Anniversary Party

Hayden Panettiere In Gucci – ‘Vanities’ 20th Anniversary Party

McQ Fall 2012

McQ Fall 2012

19 Responses to Florence Welch In Alexander McQueen – The Universal Brit Awards After Party

1. robbie February 22, 2012 at 12:58 #

again from beautiful to blah.

2. Linda February 22, 2012 at 12:58 #

Okay, I’m officially over this. She’s a one trick pony with all this neutral McQueen. I’m not buying what she’s selling anymore. These are surely beautiful pieces, but on her they are so boring.

• bm February 22, 2012 at 15:17 #

Agree, What I love from these three looks are the first shoes. And that’s it. The rest is so boring. Especially the red carpet one. Washed her out.

3. Jacqu February 22, 2012 at 13:31 #

I miss the fullness of the skirt, and given the past outfits she’s worn, I’m completely bored of her style.

4. BwithErza February 22, 2012 at 13:36 #

oh my god! no!! this is not what I’m imagined the dress on celebrities! big disappointment.

5. bee7 February 22, 2012 at 13:40 #

she has ruined 3 beautiful pieces from this collection…

6. dee February 22, 2012 at 14:01 #

Needs color bad and get rid of the center part.

7. manionista February 22, 2012 at 14:01 #

Man she looks sloppy. Come on, Flo. If you wanna wear McQueen, wear it with attitude. This kinda make me sad. Plus, I don’t think McQueen suits her that much. I think she had the look to wear high fashion but I don’t think McQueen is the best choice. Try Valentino, Flo. Luv.

8. Carolina February 22, 2012 at 14:10 #

She does not have the legs for this look, in addition to the color being insipid. It could be the angle of the shot, but it’s still very raw and ungainly-looking to me. The shoes do not aid the overall look.

9. EmmaWoodhouse February 22, 2012 at 14:21 #

Aside from the fact that this is the THIRD look in a row like this, I think this dress is really ugly. It looks like a baby-doll outfit, particularly on her.

10. B February 22, 2012 at 14:26 #

I think the performance is the best, it’s super dramatic and suits the stage. This is my least favourite (I didn’t really love it on the runway either), and I do think that neutral/nude tones just aren’t that great for her?

11. Alina February 22, 2012 at 14:35 #

I think this hairstyle suits her the best.

12. AW February 22, 2012 at 15:20 #

Oh good Lord someone please get this chick away from this collection. She’s totally spoiling it and I almost don’t want to see anyone else it.

• Amy February 22, 2012 at 17:24 #

I agree. I didn’t think it could get any worse after Jessica Chastain but I was wrong!

• Nina February 22, 2012 at 18:15 #

Oh My God, what is she doing with this dress? She’s destroying it completely. Overall, I think she’s becoming more and more boring.

13. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) February 22, 2012 at 16:06 #

Well at least we know she has arms and legs…I was beginning to wonder.

14. Ariel February 22, 2012 at 17:23 #

Omg! Not again! These dresses don’t belong on her!

15. Dhppy February 23, 2012 at 17:49 #

Oh no, one breast has wandered off somewhere. And where is the fun fullness of the skirt? Is this even the same material? The dress itself looks deflated and depressed. At least she kept the fun shoes.

16. bianca March 3, 2012 at 23:20 #

I’m intrigued by the shoes, Brancusi is a famous romanian sculptor and I’ve seen that Rachel Comey, Philip Lim and Jimmy Choo are inspired by his work when it comes to footwear.I can’t say I’m not proud:)