Octavia Spencer In Tadashi Shoji – 2012 Writers Guild Awards

On Sunday night Octavia Spencer attended the 2012 Writers Guild Awards in LA.

The actress continued her fashionable awards tour in a pink floral Tadashi Shoji Spring 2012 embroidered silk sheath, covered with a layer of gathered beige chiffon.

We’ve seen Octavia stay faithful to Tadashi Shoji for the majority of the awards circuit, and for good reason.

At this point, it will be a huge shock if she chooses any other designer for this weekend’s Oscars.

Pewter Stuart Weitzman heels, Neil Lane jewels and a Judith Leiber bag add the finishing touch.

Credit: Nymag.com & Getty

Meryl Streep's Anya Hindmarch Marano Glitter Clutch

Meryl Streep’s Anya Hindmarch Marano Glitter Clutch

Erdem Fall 2012

Erdem Fall 2012

28 Responses to Octavia Spencer In Tadashi Shoji – 2012 Writers Guild Awards

1. AW February 21, 2012 at 14:07 #

The clothes look beautiful on her so understand her loyalty. I actually think the dresses (all of them) have looked better on her than the runway model.

I’d wish for a more dainty shoe with this dress but ankles up she’s perfect.

• bee7 February 21, 2012 at 15:31 #

the shoes almost ruined it for me, nevertheless she was stunning

2. robbie February 21, 2012 at 14:35 #

she looks beautiful, but seriously this is getting boring now she needs to mix it up a little.

3. Lalitha February 21, 2012 at 14:50 #

I love this dress! She looks great in all of the outfits she has been wearing. Love this dainty, feminine dress :)

4. Elena February 21, 2012 at 15:03 #

This may be my favorite so far. It’s so delicate; so slimming on her body. She looks incredible.

• EmmaWoodhouse February 22, 2012 at 14:48 #

I know, me too! She looks gorgeous. This is a wonderful partnership! The shoes aren’t great but they can be overlooked!

5. Errun February 21, 2012 at 15:19 #

I am happy that she’s trusting the same designer for all her outings!! After that fab blue gown she wore recently, she’s again with such a beautiful dress..I like the way she’s conscious of her heavy arms and likes to hide them..and show what works for her…after all fashion is all about putting what you have the best and not revealing what you would like to be a secret..isn’t it?

6. Luci February 21, 2012 at 15:20 #

I am in love with the combination Octavia Spencer + Tadashi Shoji :)

• Alina February 21, 2012 at 16:19 #

7. Rebecca Z February 21, 2012 at 15:25 #

I heard her explain that when she was nominated the only designer who contacted her was Tadashi Shoji, so I think her loyalty is well deserved and the others should be ashamed of themselves. She looks fabulous in this dress–I agree with Elena, this may be her best look so far. I’d nominate her for DBOTW in this dress–ladylike and very flattering.

• CreoleLady February 21, 2012 at 17:24 #

+1, re other designers not stepping up to dress an Oscar nominee. I wonder why? And yes, that’s extreme acid saucing my rhetorical question.

8. shevelle February 21, 2012 at 15:50 #

Question for FC- why is Tadashi Shoji the go to designer for women above the a UK size 10? Quite intrigued..

• Fashion Critic February 21, 2012 at 16:50 #

Because he knows how to dress of woman over a size 6.

As these women can’t pull from the runway, they have to work with someone who is happy to custom looks for their body

9. bm February 21, 2012 at 16:07 #

She’s gorgeous.
    But, it’s a welcome if she surprised us by not wearing a Tadashi Soji’s gown in Oscar.

10. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) February 21, 2012 at 16:32 #

She has had a good run with Tadashi Shoji, but this is not my favorite. Would love to see her embrace some color and would adore a splash of color at this point.

11. Cade February 21, 2012 at 16:36 #

she always picks the prettiest Judith Leiber bags! love them.

12. Leti February 21, 2012 at 16:41 #

I think she looks fabulous!

13. CreoleLady February 21, 2012 at 17:18 #

So loving Octavia and Tadashi Shoji. Per FC, she’s getting better and better. And she seems to be peaking at just the right time for the Oscars. I’m sooo excited. Um, no pressure, lol.

14. dee February 21, 2012 at 17:33 #

I like it but I think the color washes her out slightly.

15. Dhppy February 21, 2012 at 17:48 #

Lovely! Instead of complaining, like so many designers about the difficulties of dressing larger women, Tadashi Shoji has wisely figured out how to do it elegantly.

16. Fiona-Brasil February 21, 2012 at 18:01 #

Another beautiful dress by Tadashi Shoji.She looks more fabulous every award…

17. Taylor February 21, 2012 at 19:27 #

Beautiful…this collaboration continues to excel

18. Tiffany Nicole February 21, 2012 at 22:16 #

Stunning. Best yet!

19. Jones19 February 21, 2012 at 23:55 #

Wow very pretty. What a great collaboration.

20. Shaina February 22, 2012 at 00:38 #

WOW! That is all.

21. Sonya February 22, 2012 at 02:51 #

Oh, she looks gorgeous. Maybe in a different colour? I’m seeing ice blue, or blush pink.

22. Jess2 February 22, 2012 at 05:05 #

Oh yay, back to outstanding Tadashi Shoji looks, I wasn’t a fan of her BAFTA look but this is more like it. I really love her and how she is sticking with the one designer and I think she has been an amazing ambassador for the brand. Another flattering and gorgeous look from Octavia :) This is probably my second favourite look of hers this season following her lavender Golden Globes dress :)