Jessica Chastain In Alexander McQueen – ‘Vanities’ 20th Anniversary Party

Jessica Chastain has been on a bit of an Alexander McQueen roll on the red carpet at the moment.

The Oscar-nominated actress donned her third Alexander McQueen look within a week to the ‘Vanities’ 20th anniversary party at Siren Studios in Hollywood, California last night, following her McQueen looks at the BAFTA nominees party and the 2012 Elle Style Awards.

On this occasion she wore a look from the most recent Spring 2012 collection.

She paired the barnacle jacquard pencil skirt with a cleavage-baring peplum jacket.

I would’ve preferred silver for a more complementary pair of sandals, but Jessica opted for black sandals which weigh down the look.

The hands-free actress completed her look with a high, long ponytail and hot red lips to prevent this look from washing her out.

Many of you have expressed a complete disinterest in Jessica’s style, so does this look grab your attention?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney - The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney – The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

Viola Davis In Raoul – 2012 Writers Guild Awards

Viola Davis In Raoul – 2012 Writers Guild Awards

28 Responses to Jessica Chastain In Alexander McQueen – ‘Vanities’ 20th Anniversary Party

1. Alina February 21, 2012 at 16:24 #

There weren’t many looks from her that I didn’t like, but this one is not good at all.

1. She’s too busty for that jacket.
    2. The hair is too severe.
    3. The shoes weren’t the best choice.
    4. I’ve imagined this ensemble on Zoe Saldana.

• asherlev1 February 21, 2012 at 17:22 #

Ahhh I was just imagining this on Zoe. She would have killed it.

• ramsay February 21, 2012 at 17:29 #

Agree on all these

• CTgirl February 21, 2012 at 19:07 #

Dead on assessment.

2. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) February 21, 2012 at 16:30 #

It does, but not in a good way. What looked chic on the runway looks dowdy, long and ill fitting on Jessica. Also don’t care for the severely slicked back hair…she needs the softness.

3. AW February 21, 2012 at 16:33 #

This is an interesting look and I appreciate the effort.

I think she’s not tall or maybe curvy enough to pull it off because the midsection between the skirt and jacket are looking a bit boxy. I like the sleek ponytail but i’m wishing for different shoes.

4. Hannah February 21, 2012 at 16:37 #

I really dislike this look, it would never flatter her, and the hair & makeup is bad. What I will give her is that she tries something new every time, i’m just hopign that the oscar dress will be nice.
    The shoes are the Jimmy Choo ‘Greta’ sandals.

5. Amy February 21, 2012 at 16:48 #

It’s such a beautiful outfit but it’s terrible looking on Jessica! Too much cleavage, her hair
    is too harsh and don’t get me started on her shoes!

6. Kennedy February 21, 2012 at 16:57 #

I think this ensemble would have worked on someone a little taller. Chastain has a great body, don’t get me wrong, but it looks ill-fitting on her for some reason. I think the structure of this outfit works best on someone who has a really small waist- i.e. the model. It also washes her out, even with the red lip. The boobs look saggy… a common issue with Chastain- she needs to invest in a push up bra ASAP (in fact her and Michelle Williams should shop for one together!) I do, however, LOVE the hair and would like to see her do more ponytail looks in the future. She is such a beautiful and happy girl- I still adore her regardless of her strange outfit choices!

7. Ann February 21, 2012 at 17:01 #

Ugh. Hard to look good during pregnancy with fashion.

8. asherlev1 February 21, 2012 at 17:21 #

I don’t think she’s pulling off that suit. I can think of a few people who could have, but she’s not one of them.

Also I feel like she needs a new hair stylist. I could have pulled my hair into a ponytail like that.

9. Dhppy February 21, 2012 at 17:31 #

How one can show too much cleavage and yet appear dowdy at the same time, I don’t know, but it has happened: this dress is made for an A cup at the most, her waist is missing, and the skirt comes down too long. Even her ‘pep’less peplums are hanging at half mast in defeat.

10. red February 21, 2012 at 17:52 #

Whats amusing about Jessica is that she has the same agent as Cate Blanchett and the same stylist too, Elizabeth Stewart!

• CreoleLady February 21, 2012 at 21:04 #

Hmmm, interesting if Jessica C has the same stylist as Cate Blanchett. Queen Cate has not been up to her usual standard of excellence recently either imo — matronly hair and shoes, uninspired and/or odd LV looks. I wonder if this McQueen is a case of the stylist (!) trying too hard….

11. Rebecca Z February 21, 2012 at 18:00 #

DREADFUL. What was she thinking! award

• Snowlion February 23, 2012 at 11:24 #

+1.

12. Errun February 21, 2012 at 18:31 #

oh she’s totally rocking it!!! love the dress on her ..more than on model!!

13. Lou February 21, 2012 at 19:49 #

The skirt is too long on Jessica, she has too much boob on show and the shoes are too dark… Works much better on the runway

14. lu February 21, 2012 at 20:39 #

agree with everyone, not a great look. Vey unflattering on the top and bad shoes.

15. Dani February 21, 2012 at 21:59 #

I think this is the worst I’ve ever seen her look. She seriously needs a new stylist.

16. Claire February 21, 2012 at 22:32 #

Agree, this is not a good look on her, but I love her hair and makeup and would like to see it again with a more flattering outfit

17. Shelby February 21, 2012 at 23:16 #

The top breaks up her body in a weird way. And what’s with the ruffle?

18. Parvati February 21, 2012 at 23:39 #

I don’t mind the dress, but what bothers me most is her hair. She has very unique facial features and very light-coloured eyebrows that, with the wrong hairstyle, can make her look older than she is, which is a shame, because she has proved she can do much better.

19. Jones19 February 21, 2012 at 23:52 #

Nothing about this woman grabs my attention. She is just so blah.

20. Leni February 21, 2012 at 23:58 #

I just never get the feeling that she enhances her unique features like her hair or pale but radiant complexion. Usually I usually don’t like the color/cut of the dress or I hate the hair. It’s always either one of them. I’m not a fan but I’m very curious about her Oscar dress.

21. Sonya February 22, 2012 at 02:51 #

STOP SLOUCHING.

22. EmmaWoodhouse February 22, 2012 at 14:46 #

Love Jessica. Hate this look. Tacky, frumpy, unflattering, uncomfortable, and overwhelming all at once! And the hairstyle is doing her no favors…PLEASE, Jessica, get it right at the Oscars!

23. Carolina Roq February 23, 2012 at 14:04 #