Florence Welch In Alexander McQueen – 2012 Brit Awards

The Awards ceremonies just keep on rolling.

Tonight in London, the 2012 Brit Awards are being held at the O2 Arena.

First to hit the red carpet was Florence Welch who will be performing with her band, Florence and the Machine, at the lavish ceremony.

The singer opted to wear her second look from the Alexander McQueen Spring 2012 collection.

Her ethearal nude gown with a rise-and-fall skirt and Couture-like detailing has been modified to include sleeves – wisely considering is mid February. Sleeves were also added to her previous McQueen Spring 2012 look.

Whilst the singer didn’t opt for the gold harness detail, she did wear the Alexander McQueen wedges sans frou frou.

I know many of you are o.v.e.r. seeing Florence stick to this colour palette, so what do you think of her in McQueen on this occasion?

The Brit Awards will be shown on ITV1 at 8pm this evening.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney - The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney – The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

Kylie Minogue In YSL - 2012 Brit Awards

Kylie Minogue In YSL – 2012 Brit Awards

38 Responses to Florence Welch In Alexander McQueen – 2012 Brit Awards

1. lea February 21, 2012 at 18:42 #

I love evrything about this look.
    It’s efortless, just a regal.

2. AW February 21, 2012 at 18:44 #

I think she looks like one of the zombies raised from the grave in the “Thriller” video.

NO. NO. and No.

• molly February 21, 2012 at 22:34 #

Haha so true!
      Im loving this dress on Flo and its better than the runway version, but her face is kinda scaring me. She needs a makeup artist stat because this “I just woke up” look is not working.

• Alina February 22, 2012 at 13:50 #

I agree.

3. bm February 21, 2012 at 18:47 #

I didn’t like like the first nor the second. NOOO !
    Sloppy dress and hair. Just no.

4. jo February 21, 2012 at 18:47 #

yes, it’s nude again but I love it.

I must thank you FC, Flo is my favourite singer and I can’t live without her music (my daily addiction next to your blog ;)) and guess where I heard about her for the first time? :)

• Fashion Critic February 21, 2012 at 18:49 #

;) yay :D

5. Henrique February 21, 2012 at 18:47 #

She looks good (I’m not a fan of this dress on the runway) but I don’t like the hair.

6. bm February 21, 2012 at 18:48 #

I didn’t like the first nor the second. NOOO !
    Sloppy dress and hair. Just no.

7. Nat39 February 21, 2012 at 18:48 #

I’m afraid I can’t call this ethereal, looks more like flesh peeling off her. Her hair and makeup (plus the added sleeves in this case)consistently make look drab and old. Kudos on the shoe choice, they do bring this look to life at least partially.

• AW February 21, 2012 at 19:02 #

“looks more like flesh peeling off her”

You said it perfectly

• EmmaWoodhouse February 22, 2012 at 14:43 #

*shudders* ugh that’s true (and disgusting ;))
      I don’t like this look at all…even if it weren’t so zombie/creepy it has a MULLET SKIRT! :O

8. robbie February 21, 2012 at 19:01 #

it went from sort of sexy on the runway to grans curtains on florence.

9. Jennifer A. February 21, 2012 at 19:06 #

NO! Although her makeup is better than it has been for the last few outings.

10. asherlev1 February 21, 2012 at 19:16 #

I don’t like her hair very much here. I wish she’d go back to whatever she’d been doing with it last year, because it seems a bit off to me.

11. Anna February 21, 2012 at 19:21 #

The gown itself is very.. busy, the addition of the sleeves makes it look like a design project, rather then a designer gown.
    But at least her hair looks very good. :)

12. Hannah February 21, 2012 at 19:29 #

I much rpefered it on the runway, the sleeves were unneccesary, and it either needed someone with a teeny tiny waist or some kind of belt.
    The colour washes her out, and the hair isn’t particularly great with it either.

13. olivia February 21, 2012 at 19:30 #

I absolutely loved this look on the runway, but Florence doesn’t breathe any life into this looks, and she looks very washed out. But I appreciate the shoe choice.

• mm February 21, 2012 at 19:45 #

I agree. Alexander McQueen garments are all so beautiful. It is a shame when they dont work out.

14. Kin February 21, 2012 at 19:35 #

Her face kinds looks scary here :s

15. Rebecca Z February 21, 2012 at 19:55 #

Awful–and I hate the hemline–makes her look all leg and weirdly stretched out, in addition to the other comments about peeling flesh, etc. She has an amazing figure–it would be so nice to see it. And the shoes–we can’t wear these things ladies–it only encourages them to make shoes that we can’t walk in.

16. Emi February 21, 2012 at 20:26 #

I prefer the runway version of the dress. I’m quite over this palette and this kind of dresses on her. She looks a bit ghostly, but not in a good way. But I admire her for being able to walk in those shoes.

17. jen February 21, 2012 at 20:41 #

i wish she had worn the runway look, frou frou wedges included, without the sleeves. yes, like fc said its mid february so its “smart” to have sleeves added, but common, those sleves r lightweigth & sheer, they won’t keep her any warmer, so why bother? but no matter how many times she wears nude she looks stunning, so no, not over her yet :)

18. gabis February 21, 2012 at 21:08 #

She looks awful. I don’t know what happened to Florence Welch. She used to be amazing, a fresh breath of personality on the red carpet but now she is just blah. Ever since she changed her hair, she completely lost it…

19. justme February 21, 2012 at 22:02 #

Washed out to the fullest.

20. marie February 21, 2012 at 22:04 #

THE SHOES!! nuff said

21. Andrea February 21, 2012 at 22:23 #

The dress is horrible and it was a very bad choice for her. I’m a redhead with pale skin and this sort of dress is just a no no…it does nothing for her at all. She used to make some interesting fashion choices but they’re all just blending into a rehash of pretty much the same thing these days

22. harris February 21, 2012 at 22:25 #

i love love love this dress! i think i’m one of the few.

23. fer February 21, 2012 at 23:27 #

she killed the magic of the dress

24. fer February 21, 2012 at 23:29 #

Oh to Harris, i think everypne love the original dress, but with those sleeves, the hair, the paleness and missing the metal details. the dress lost its appeal on her

25. Parvati February 21, 2012 at 23:47 #

Perfect! The style and colour really suits her and I just can’t get bored of her wearing such dresses, when she’s constantly opting for daring looks like this, which work for her so well. I may have preferred to see another hairstyle with this look, but otherwise, it’s great! And I love that she kept the runway wedges!

26. Leni February 22, 2012 at 00:04 #

love the shoes. totally over that color.

27. Ariel February 22, 2012 at 00:15 #

It looks like a julien MacDonald design n her! I think she doesn’t no justice to this gown. She should stick with Gucci or Elie Saab.

28. Shaina February 22, 2012 at 00:21 #

I prefer it without the sleeves but I do like this gown on her. I don’t think I will ever get tired of her wearing this color as every time she wears it she brings something new to the table.

29. mandy February 22, 2012 at 00:27 #

She should just stick with Valentino. Unfortunately I don’t like her in McQueen . Why does she have to add those ruffles just to make it “wearable” ? If one needs ruffles n all, Valentino and Marchesa would be great. McQueen’s designs are those pieces that you need to wear it as it as simply because its already THAT beautiful !! IMO.

30. bee7 February 22, 2012 at 01:36 #

the runway version is much better, the gown’s lost all its appeals on florence.

31. Melissa February 22, 2012 at 09:39 #

I LOVE this. First time I’m seeing her legs. She looks so much younger here!! Will you feature One Direction? hahaha they’re so cute