20.02.12

Marni For H&M Collection Launch Party Round-Up

A number of other celebrities also attended the Marni for H&M collection launch party in LA on Friday evening.

Lou Doillon: The French model/actress showed off her long legs in a Marni for H&M printed silk blouse with matching shorts. The look was pulled together with accessories from the collection including a thin red belt, matching clutch and orange cuffs.

Hanneli Mustaparta: The blogger/model showed off her famous style in a Marni for H&M polka-dot jacket and matching skirt, which she shortened a bit to flatter her tall frame. Her accessories included a peach clutch, sequined collar and matching white cuffs.

Jaime King: The bubbly blonde appeared in a midnight-blue Marni Resort 2012 ensemble, save for a brightly coloured trim on her silk tunic. Tangerine-printed flats add a much-needed pop of colour.

Milla Jovovich: The actress wore the same tribal print as Jessica Chastain, but in a rather unfortunate silhouette. The off-the-shoulder dress with a visible black bra strap greatly cheapens the look. A red belt, white cuffs and gold heels complete the look. She can do better.

Jayma Mays: The ‘Glee’ actress wore a soft look, not part of the designer collaboration, in a mint-collared shirt tucked into a textured gold mini-skirt. A white blazer ties together the outfit, while a box clutch and nude heels accessorize.

Shirley Manson: The chic rocker donned a gold-sequined look from the Marni Resort 2012 collection. Black tights, Marni accessories and a topknot complete the look.

Dianna Agron: The ‘Glee’ actress went for an all-pink look in an oversized silk blouse with a slightly paler pleated skirt. The look was paired with mismatched accessories, including chunky grey pumps and a large cream Loewe bag.

Lykke Li: The singer stuck to neutrals in an embroidered top and skirt with an organza under-skirt, along with accessories from the Marni Spring/Summer 2012 collection. Lykke is one of the few to pull off the socks-with-sandals look that was so popular at the event.

Rashida Jones: The actress wore a Marni trench coat with a dress from the Marni
Foulard collection. Marni accessories finish the look, although the oversized bag and chunky shoes ruin the ensemble a bit for me.

Rose McGowan: The actress wore a black Marni Resort 2012 dress with a nude neckline. Her accessories included a red clutch and long chain necklace from the Marni Spring/Summer 2012 collection.

Credit: Getty

Kristin Cavallari's Naven Bombshell Dress

Kristin Cavallari’s Naven Bombshell Dress

Victoria Beckham In Victoria, Victoria Beckham - Victoria, Victoria Beckham Harvey Nichols Launch

Victoria Beckham In Victoria, Victoria Beckham – Victoria, Victoria Beckham Harvey Nichols Launch

24 Responses to Marni For H&M Collection Launch Party Round-Up

1. Yeliz February 20, 2012 at 15:44 #

Jayma Mays is my favourite followed by Rose McGowan.

• EmmaWoodhouse February 20, 2012 at 18:29 #

+1! Jayma was totally chic and although I didn’t really like Rose’s look, it was MUCH better than the rest of them! What the heck was up with Diana Agron?!?

• Eva February 20, 2012 at 20:31 #

Jayma looks so good!!!!!!!! Perfect for the event.

2. Nat February 20, 2012 at 16:43 #

My favourites are Hanneli Mustaparta (though outfit to pull off, but she does it, and really well), Jayma Mays (although I guess it goes against “fashion laws” to not be dressed in an outfit from the collection?) and Shirley Manson.
    I also find Lou Dillon’s outfit kinda cute, but also dangerously close to entering the “very cute pijamas” territory.

Call me crazy, but I can’t get sold on socks with sandals…It just doesn’t make sense. Plus, in Lykke Li case it looks like she badly injured her ankles and she is wearing bandages.

3. Vicky February 20, 2012 at 16:59 #

Wow, did anyone NOT show up to this launch party?

4. Shelby February 20, 2012 at 17:34 #

Dianna Agron looks matronly in this look. And the shoes are all wrong!

5. Casey February 20, 2012 at 17:37 #

Actually the skirt and shirt Jayma is wearing IS from the collaboration, while the blazer is not.
    I think the color combining is beautiful on her.

6. Alina February 20, 2012 at 17:59 #

Jayma Mays, Dianna Agron and Rose McGowan are my favourites from the bunch.

7. shap_half February 20, 2012 at 18:00 #

Jayma looks wonderful!

8. Mol February 20, 2012 at 18:31 #

I love Hanneli’s look and generally, I don’t mind the socks with heels look, it definitely suits Marni’s quirky looks. I also love the chunky Marni cuffs. All in all, a fun, interesting to look at red carpet/launch party.

9. Jones19 February 20, 2012 at 18:36 #

Tragic looks at this launch, the accessorizing was terrible. Jayma Mays and Rose McGowan are the only ones looking presentable here.

• Hannah February 20, 2012 at 21:08 #

There were terrible looks at the Versace & H&M launch, too.
      It’s a disappointing trend.

• Parvati February 21, 2012 at 11:17 #

I agree. Jayma Mays and Rose McGowan are the best dressed here.

10. Carolina February 20, 2012 at 19:50 #

I am afraid that I do not like a single one of these looks. It appears ill-fitted, ill-accessorized, and unflattering. I mean really – Diana Agron? No. Jayma Mays is the only ‘maybe,’ and I see nothing remarkable there, either. All the women pictured can do miles better, and usually do.

11. Bec February 20, 2012 at 21:22 #

Jayma looks amazing – I’d almost go as far to say that she should be in the BDOTW poll!

I almost didn’t recognise Dianna though, she looks about 10 years old in that picture!!

• Parvati February 21, 2012 at 11:17 #

I totally agree about Dianna Agron, she looks like a child here!

12. Emi February 20, 2012 at 21:29 #

Rose McGowan is my favorite, I also like Milla Jovovic,but I must say that the other outfit are not very flattering, except from Lou Doillon, because she has a great body.

• J February 21, 2012 at 14:16 #

Rose, FTW!

13. Molly February 20, 2012 at 22:13 #

This is the most depressing line-up. The only people who don’t look far below their usual standard at this event are the ones NOT wearing the Marni for H&M line. (The standard Marni looks are so much better…) I thought Dianna Agron was Martha Stewart. I still don’t believe that is her in the picture – what the heck happened here??

14. Nat39 February 20, 2012 at 22:36 #

Lou Doillon stands out as best to me by far.

15. Jeremy February 21, 2012 at 00:08 #

Lou and Hanneli were my favorite. I always want to see celebrities in Marni more and these two has enough level of quirk to pull it off. Lou’s overall look was amazing. If Blake wore this, she’d probably be the BDOW. But no way Blake can accessorize like this.
    On a side note: where is Leann in this premire? I want to see our Marni die-hard fangurl.

16. Megs22 February 21, 2012 at 01:47 #

Dianna Agron is so beautiful, why does she always wear such aging styles? Shirley Manson looks great!

17. Carla February 21, 2012 at 04:43 #

I would say it doesn’t bode well for this line at H&M that most readers feel the best look is one of the few that isn’t Marni (although it’s going to make it much more pleasant for the rest of us on March 8)! Marni is one of my favorite labels, but it isn’t a red carpet label–it isn’t overtly sexy, form-fitting clothing, which is why Milla looks so ridiculous trying to make it something is isn’t. These are women you rarely if ever see in anything Marni and it’s obvious it just isn’t their style.

18. Sandra February 26, 2012 at 15:41 #

I’m in two minds over Milla’s look. I really like the pattern, and I don’t think the black strap particularly cheapens her look – on the contrary, it confirms she *is* actually wearing underwear as well, and the “off-the-shoulder” type casualness is very Milla anyway. But at the same time, the pattern also drowns her silhouette and the pulled-back hair very much lets this look down imo. But although she can do better than this, she can also do a *lot* worse. (Love the earrings, though.)

Dianna Agron’s look here is unquestionably unfortunate, however. The shape flatters her in no way whatsoever, and the whole look right down to the hair is nothing short of matronly.