20.02.12

Front Row @ Calvin Klein Fall 2012

Two of Hollywood’s hottest stars were seated in the front row at the Calvin Klein Fall 2012 presentation, which closed New York Fashion Week last week.

Rooney Mara: The actress wore a Calvin Klein Pre-Fall 2012 dress in her favourite colour: black. Her chic sleeveless dress with mesh yoke and fluted skirt was styled with black strappy sandals, a simple bun and pretty, neutral makeup.

Emma Stone: The actress opted for more colour, wearing a red Calvin Klein knit top with a full skirt. She accessorized with Brian Atwood ‘Sinful’ red ankle strap peep toes and a contrasting metallic silver fold-over clutch. A ponytail, kohl-rimmed eyes and a pink lip colour completed her look.

Whilst I like both their choices, I wish Rooney’s wasn’t so predictable. At this rate she’s going to run out of LBDs to wear.

Credit: Getty

Get The Look: Kelly Rowland’s MTV Video Music Awards Mani

Get The Look: Kelly Rowland’s MTV Video Music Awards Mani

Winona Ryder In Marni For H&M - Marni For H&M Launch Party

Winona Ryder In Marni For H&M – Marni For H&M Launch Party

15 Responses to Front Row @ Calvin Klein Fall 2012

1. Martin February 20, 2012 at 11:23 #

Admittedly Rooney’s choice is predictable, but I do think she looks beautifully polished and quite sharp in this ensemble. The detail on the bodice of that dress is stunning. Emma Stone’s look, on the other hand, is a little sloppy and unfocused for me. Mara all the way.

• Mol February 20, 2012 at 16:51 #

Well put, I agree completely!

2. Jones19 February 20, 2012 at 11:36 #

Very pretty looks, nice to see after the previous eyesore posts.

3. bee7 February 20, 2012 at 11:52 #

both of them are gorgeous here but i prefer rooney’s dress and her shoes choice.

4. bm February 20, 2012 at 12:24 #

Only like Mara’s look.

5. ladyoflettuce February 20, 2012 at 12:32 #

Agree. Too much black, and not soft black but harsh black. Too harsh. The fringe, too harsh also, with those angular features. Like a goth Audrey Tatou. But inauthentic somehow.

6. Carolina Roq February 20, 2012 at 12:36 #

Mara always looks the same way. It/she is boring.

7. EmmaWoodhouse February 20, 2012 at 14:12 #

I wish they’d switched! That would’ve been fun :)

8. Henry February 20, 2012 at 17:00 #

Poor Emma, to be seated next to the grim reaper at a fashion show… just awful. I think Stone’s look is much more eye catching, but it is quite simple which since it is CK, I think it makes sense. Mara on the other hand, just please go away.

• Nina February 20, 2012 at 18:38 #

I think Rooney shouldn’t have posed with Emma, though I’m not a fan of her look either I think she’s more confident and made Rooney almost unnoticeable.

9. Alina February 20, 2012 at 17:07 #

IMO, they both look stunning.

10. Hannah February 20, 2012 at 19:33 #

Ha. If Jennifer Aniston is still wearing LBDs I think Rooney will be fine for the next decade or so. Does she have a stylist? Or does she just only pick darker looks?

11. Dhppy February 20, 2012 at 21:54 #

I love Rooney Mara’s look; the shoes are fantastic. There’s something about her choice of seemingly simple outfits with slight intricate details that plays so well off her enigmatic impassive expressions. It has a Mona Lisa effect.

12. Nat39 February 20, 2012 at 23:12 #

Rooney´s timid posing and absence of presence have been killing quite a bit of her looks. I can hardly look past her looking so vacant, stiff, frozen and intimidated. She should work on her presence.

13. Parvati February 21, 2012 at 10:56 #

I love both looks, here. I don’t mind Rooney Mara’s black dress, since it has a quite interesting design and I really like her hair. I also think it’s really cute how they both wear dresses that match the colour of their hair! :)