Dakota Fanning @ Fall 2012 New York Fashion Week

Dakota Fanning took in three shows during New York Fashion Week.

First up was Marc Jacobs on Monday night, then Rodarte on Valentine’s Day and Proenza Schouler on Wednesday.

At Rodarte she donned a colourful ensemble from the designer’s Spring 2012 collection.

She teamed gold pants with a bi-colour wrap top with peeked shoulders and embellished peep-toes.

At Proenza Schouler she looked totally different whilst perched in the front row.

We often see Datoka in neutral colours, but on this occasion she wore a colourful leaf print dress with black half sleeves and a matching leaf print belt from the designer’s Spring 2012 collection.

Clunky black Proenza Schouler heels and a Cartier bracelet accessorized her look.

What was also new was how she styled her hair into a bun with loose locks of hair framing her face.

This makes a refreshing change from her wearing it down all the time.

Which look do you prefer?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Julianne Moore's Bottega Veneta Knot Intrecciato Ayers And Satin Clutch

Julianne Moore’s Bottega Veneta Knot Intrecciato Ayers And Satin Clutch

Angelina Jolie In J. Mendel - ‘In the Land of Blood and Honey’ Zagreb Premiere

Angelina Jolie In J. Mendel – ‘In the Land of Blood and Honey’ Zagreb Premiere

11 Responses to Dakota Fanning @ Fall 2012 New York Fashion Week

1. Mick February 20, 2012 at 12:08 #

Love the Proenza look, the other one not so much, but I’ve said before that – in spite of my usual love for Rodarte – I had fondly disliked that specifical collection.

2. bm February 20, 2012 at 12:26 #

Proenza by a huge margins. I only like the rodarte’s pants, but not the dress.

3. mikeijames February 20, 2012 at 13:13 #

seriously, i love when young girls wear big girls fashion, but i would’ve loved for her to add a youthful spin to the rodarte look. i can think of a million things a young girl like her could wear to spice up that top.

ditto for the proenza dress: that’s something i’d die to see anna wintour wearing….to the office.

• Nat39 February 20, 2012 at 23:25 #

Both outfits have made me think of Anna Wintour instantly.

4. Hermione Weasley February 20, 2012 at 13:25 #

I think I like the Rodarte look better, but they’re both really good. And I think that’s the first time I’ve ever seen her with her hair up, at last!

5. EmmaWoodhouse February 20, 2012 at 14:11 #

I don’t like the Rodarte, though I appreciate the effort. The Proenza is fabulous though! Better than on the runway! :)

6. Hannah February 20, 2012 at 14:55 #

I love the Prenza, but it’s a little old IMO, and I cannot get on board with the shoes.
    I sincerely dislike the first one, I don’t like teh shoes, the hair or the colours, but the sleeves are probably the worst part.

7. pipsqueak February 20, 2012 at 16:56 #

Horrible shoes in both pictures, but I do like the Proenza dress. The Rodarte outfit is a blah even on the runway. Plus, it’d fit a tall person better.

8. Alina February 20, 2012 at 17:03 #

I like the Proenza Schouler look better. I think Rodarte works better for her sister.

9. Dhppy February 20, 2012 at 21:46 #

What is happening when I dislike a Rodarte and love a Proenza Schouler? I feel lost.

10. Parvati February 21, 2012 at 11:00 #

I prefer the Rodarte look, although I also like the Proenza Schouler one. However, I really dislike the shoes in both looks.