19.02.12

Jennifer Hudson In Maria Lucia Hohan – 2012 NAACP Image Awards

Following her spine-tingling Whitney Houston tribute at last weekend’s Grammy Awards, Jennifer Hudson performed ‘Ain’t No Mountain High Enough’ with Ne-Yo at the 2012 NAACP Image Awards on Friday.

She also joined Ne-Yo to present the Vanguard Award to ‘Star Wars’ director George Lucas wearing a Maria Lucia Hohan gown.

The beautiful baby-blue silk gown dress features a draped bust and a twisted chiffon detail on the waistline.

Normally I would find a necklace of this size bothersome with this neckline, but I love it on this occasion.

A half-up, half-down hairstyle and a beautiful pink lip colour completed her look.

Jenna Dewan wore a similar gown to the Golden Globe Awards.

Credit: Getty

Jana Kramer's Blaque Label Sweetheart Chiffon Dress

Jana Kramer’s Blaque Label Sweetheart Chiffon Dress

LeAnn Rimes' Hervé Léger Scalloped Bandage Dress

LeAnn Rimes’ Hervé Léger Scalloped Bandage Dress

35 Responses to Jennifer Hudson In Maria Lucia Hohan – 2012 NAACP Image Awards

1. CreoleLady February 19, 2012 at 11:17 #

Beautiful color, gorgeous silhouette, odd cleavage, ridiculous weave.

2. Fanny February 19, 2012 at 11:18 #

She looks beautiful in this gown. I must say this seems such a colorful event, gowns in hot red, orange, blue, green, hot pink, etc. No black dresses so far :)

• Hannah February 19, 2012 at 14:33 #

More importantly, no nude dresses so far!

3. Alina February 19, 2012 at 11:20 #

I love the baby-blue colour. Her makeup is flawless.

I really liked Jenna Dewan in that Maria Lucia Hohan dress. The colour was stunning on her.

• Linda February 19, 2012 at 21:06 #

Yes, I loved Jenna Dewan. The colour and her earrings together were awesome.

I like what Jennifer is wearing here, but her cleavage area and her hair really throw it off for me.

4. rita February 19, 2012 at 11:28 #

I think she looks AMAZING! I love when she goes glamour. It’s better than those tight dresses that don’t always flatter her newly svelte body.

• Dhppy February 19, 2012 at 19:28 #

Yes, this is very glamorous and much better than the tight things she’s been sporting lately.

5. Raquel February 19, 2012 at 11:45 #

This particular Amrapali necklace seems to be in heavy rotation lately but still loving it. As for Jennifer – stunning!

6. Jess2 February 19, 2012 at 12:09 #

She looks soo beautiful, I love this dress on her and like the necklace as well.

7. Hermoine February 19, 2012 at 12:46 #

Wow! Seriously, there are no words!! I will go back to bed now….. Perfection has been achieved.

8. ramsay February 19, 2012 at 13:55 #

The dress is nice but I think it’s too much hair extension

9. Hannah February 19, 2012 at 14:31 #

I love this sort of cornflower blue shade, but I honestly am a little sick of this type of dress. It is too similar to the Jenna Dewan dress and the Vanessa Husgns and teh 2 Stacy Kieblers, even though this, IMO is the best one so far.
    The makeup and hair is gorgeous and the jewels are beautiful. Her height really makes the gown all that more breath taking.

10. bas February 19, 2012 at 14:46 #

I like the dress, but the hairdo it’s like it’s her prom night. I don’t like it at all.

11. Fiona February 19, 2012 at 14:54 #

I love this colour on her and the fit is great on her. I love the necklace as well. I do not like the nude panel around the side and back of the bodice though, it hasn’t looked good on anyone (except Stacey Kiebler and then the whole gown was a nude/cognac shade and it sort of worked), but every other colour has looked awful. Why not just do the whole bodice the same colour? This gown is becoming the new bandage dress, I am over it.

12. heather February 19, 2012 at 15:25 #

Absolutely stunning! BDOTW!

13. Shaina February 19, 2012 at 15:29 #

She looks stunning! This is the best she has looked in a long time.

14. mandy February 19, 2012 at 15:35 #

Finally ! That one gown that does not show too much boobs, that does not try to emphasize that “hello look at me! I’ve lost 100 pounds and dropped 10 dress size and I’m fabulous!!”. She just relaxed, happy and simply elegant.

15. Ariel February 19, 2012 at 16:06 #

Stunning! I love that there was so much color at this event and so hard to pick a favorite! And you should start posting about Jenna Dewan mre often.

• Fashion Critic February 19, 2012 at 16:30 #

I don’t know much about Jenna. She appears,to me, to be famous because of her husband.

What does she do?

• bee7 February 19, 2012 at 17:29 #

all i know is that she was the female lead in step up movie

• Ariel February 19, 2012 at 20:59 #

She’s been doing small roles in films. My favorite look so far from her has to be the Maria Lucia Hohan gown and her Blumarine gown a while back.

• Ariel February 19, 2012 at 21:03 #

And her Georges Chakra dress a while back also. She can be quite a doll.

• Linda February 19, 2012 at 21:14 #

She’s an American actress, dancer and former model, most notably starring alongside Channing Tatum in the 2006 film Step it Up. She’s also starred in some lesser known movies and T.V. shows. I really liked what she wore to the Golden Globes and would love to see more of her.

16. Olivia February 19, 2012 at 16:45 #

She looks stunning! i love the dress on her
    FC, are you doing a special report about the Goyas tonight? Lots of love from Spain!

17. Olivia February 19, 2012 at 17:22 #

She looks stunning! i love that dress on her
    FC, are you doing a special report for the Goyas tonight?
    Lots of love from Spain!

• Fashion Critic February 19, 2012 at 19:16 #

Oh my is that tonight?

I will look out for it.

18. EmmaWoodhouse February 19, 2012 at 17:39 #

GORGEOUS! This is my favorite look from the whole event…she looks like the epitome of a grown-up, sophisticated fairytale princess! :)

19. Fromchi-town February 19, 2012 at 19:20 #

She look gorgeus and tasteful. The color is beautiful on her. This was such a colorful event.

20. Hisadora February 19, 2012 at 19:26 #

Stunning! The dress and this blue color are both amazing, she looks fantastic..

21. Cecelia February 19, 2012 at 19:35 #

Gorgeous! This event has had such wonderfully colorful and lovely dresses. Wouldn’t it be great to have a picture with all them together? I hope some of this carries over to the Oscars and it’s not a parade of beige.

22. bianca February 19, 2012 at 20:55 #

This is amazing on her. I wanted to say something about that cleavage for a long time now, but we have to consider all the weight she’s lost,and she probably chose not to do any boob surgery.All of her skin is saggy now, I guess that’s normal.She’s still beautiful

23. Tina February 19, 2012 at 23:34 #

A truly awesome colour, great makeup, albeit the hair and cleavage detract a slightly bit from the look. But one of her best nonetheless!

24. Michelle February 19, 2012 at 23:56 #

Wow — this look from Jennifer was totally unexpected. Never expected to see her in that silhouette, nor would I have ever imagined her in that colour — she looks amazing! She looks radiant in that colour. She looks regal. Best ever for her, IMO. Now, if only we could get her to ditch the too-long hair and go for something lighter & more modern..

25. kiwi February 20, 2012 at 05:41 #

Beautiful colour.. she looks lovely

26. firien February 20, 2012 at 17:13 #

The background of the first picture is really LOL. Not a usual background for celebs looking like a Disney princess…