18.02.12

Viola Davis In Hervé L. Leroux – 2012 NAACP Image Awards

The twins came out to play with Viola Davis on the red carpet at the 2012 NAACP Image Awards, held at The Shrine Auditorium in LA last night, and I’m not referring to fellow attendees Tia and Tamara Mowry.

The actress, who has been embracing colour through-out awards season, donned a Hervé L. Leroux orange gown.

Whilst I adore the colour there’s a little too much boobage for my liking, which I find totally distracting.

A Judith Leiber ‘Russian Sky’ minaudiere and Bochic earrings completed her look.

Credit: Getty

Constance Jablonski In Alberta Ferretti - ‘Birdman’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Constance Jablonski In Alberta Ferretti – ‘Birdman’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Keke Palmer In Naven - 2012 NAACP Image Awards

Keke Palmer In Naven – 2012 NAACP Image Awards

56 Responses to Viola Davis In Hervé L. Leroux – 2012 NAACP Image Awards

1. Incroyable February 18, 2012 at 21:00 #

No, just no

• Clover February 19, 2012 at 22:22 #

Holy cow, no.

• Sophie February 21, 2012 at 23:47 #

Agreed – the colour is great and the style is great but her cleavage looks WRONG. Is she auditioning to join the wag / jordan fashion school.

2. Sam February 18, 2012 at 21:00 #

Agree, the colour is great, the whole dress is great, but she has too much (although enviable) boobage to make it work.
    It should either be slimmer V neck or be brought up about 3 inches.

Or even a long necklace might have helped to make it less in your face.

3. Alice February 18, 2012 at 21:00 #

I love her and the colour is divine, but HEYHO! BOOBS AHOY! They look very squashed and uncomfortable.

• Tina February 18, 2012 at 21:41 #

4. Terry February 18, 2012 at 21:01 #

The dress is lovely, the colour is great on her, but – I agree – too much cleavage showing. Unfortunately, the result is tacky.

5. olivia February 18, 2012 at 21:17 #

I agree with everyone here, the colour is gorgeus, the dress is great, but a big NO to this cleavage, and with it she lands in Tackyville, USA.

6. Jones19 February 18, 2012 at 21:20 #

The first…and second thing I noticed in these pics is the boobage. When you do plunging neckline like this you can’t push the twins together…no no

7. Jerusa February 18, 2012 at 21:23 #

Oh no, that is just wroooong! Twins aside she looks great.

8. Ala February 18, 2012 at 21:25 #

Oh, this could have been such a great look. Ah well.

9. Nat39 February 18, 2012 at 21:27 #

What makes it even more disturbing is the fact that one can´t really tell the difference between the boobage and the bulging muscle on the rest of her body. She needs to find a way to display her athletic body in a more flattering way.

10. gabis February 18, 2012 at 21:36 #

Couldn’t agree more which is a shame because I love everything else about this look…

11. Tina February 18, 2012 at 21:42 #

Too much in-your-face-ness. Colour is great but otherwise… rather distracting.

12. REGINA February 18, 2012 at 22:23 #

Oh no.

13. Naomi February 18, 2012 at 22:39 #

Don’t like the hair, make-up and the cleavage.
    Good color for her but that’s about it.

14. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) February 18, 2012 at 23:02 #

Very ‘Lil Kim. What was she thinking?

15. Pascale February 18, 2012 at 23:10 #

It’s all I can so. No, oh no.

16. Dhppy February 18, 2012 at 23:47 #

Viola is a class act, but you wouldn’t know it from this display. The cover of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issues has been taken. Time to put those away.

• Hermoine February 19, 2012 at 01:04 #

Well said!

17. Sarah February 18, 2012 at 23:57 #

Oh no Viola – you’re such an elegant lady – what were you thinking?!

Also, I’d change the fitness trainer if I were you.

• Michelle February 19, 2012 at 20:06 #

Yeah, time to lay off the upper body work, Viola. Yikes. The combination of the bulging neck/upper back muscles and the bulging IN-YOUR-FACE-BREASTS (!!) is just all kinds of wrong. I just want to look away and pretend this never happened. Eesh. And I am a fan. I do love her hair like that though, I think it’s fantastic — but who the hell’s gonna notice her hair?

18. Katey February 19, 2012 at 00:24 #

I love the dress, but this view is disgusting for me.

19. Prudence February 19, 2012 at 00:36 #

omggg the breastsssss. kay so boobies aside, she looks friggin amazing. that color+ her hair+her makeup = wowwowowowoww. this girl is killing it,but damn those girls just cant be contained

20. Jess February 19, 2012 at 00:51 #

shocked and appalled!

21. mandy February 19, 2012 at 01:11 #

My first reaction was like… Oh my god those boobs !! That dress is stunning but why the boobs !! It’s almost disgusting to look at. Let’s hope this is her last fashion faux pax this award season .

22. molly February 19, 2012 at 02:57 #

Holy boobage! How is that comfortable? I like the color, but yea, the boobs are too much.

• Alina February 19, 2012 at 05:18 #

23. bm February 19, 2012 at 02:58 #

It seems that Viola stole a dress from Blake lively’s closet. :)

24. Fiona February 19, 2012 at 03:45 #

Oh no. It reminds me of the dress Jennifer Hudson wore with the same wide v neckline – just not flattering from any angle. I am surprised at Viola as she seems so elegant most of the time. Perhaps she was seduced by the colour.

• Fashion Critic February 19, 2012 at 03:51 #

Yes, the Vesace. I was trying figure out what this reminded me of.

• Katharine February 19, 2012 at 04:21 #

Comparatively, Jennifer Hudson’s Versace now looks restrained, almost demure. Viola Davis looks fantastic in these vibrant colours – but this would be more flattering if the decolletage stopped its plunge earlier …

• Slc February 19, 2012 at 08:39 #

Ya beat me too – it was the first thing that crossed my mind. The weird thing also is that it didn’t look anything like J-Hud – I mean she looked great, but the cleavage took too much attention from the dress (in a bad way for both ladies) and her makeup, although she looked nice, made her look very different.

Same goes for Viola – and that first pic makes her look like she is squishing her face.

• marina February 19, 2012 at 19:06 #

Viola’s cleavage is actually nicer that J Hudson’s , not that I needed to know that.
        Too much skin, too pushed together… Hope she improves in the Oscars

25. mm February 19, 2012 at 04:22 #

SMH

26. Lily February 19, 2012 at 07:29 #

One word: EWWWW!!!! my god, the color is not good for her skin tone. maybe a lighter shade of orange. The boobs of course, and what is up with that stretch mark on the arms… EWWWW…

27. Errun February 19, 2012 at 08:30 #

With this look she can be featured in some Muscle and Fitness for men..Muscles and boobage both will work for men..any takers!!

28. kiwi February 19, 2012 at 08:39 #

Oh dear…what a disappointment, its a lovely colour

29. AL GIGA February 19, 2012 at 09:02 #

vulgeer

30. Jess2 February 19, 2012 at 12:22 #

Gorgeous colour, Viola is doing an amazing job with colour this season. Just way too much boobage for me, the attention goes straight there. It lets the look down.

31. Carolina Roq February 19, 2012 at 12:23 #

32. ramsay February 19, 2012 at 13:53 #

I don’t know why she insits on showing her boobs that way (like at the SAG awards) but it looks really cheap – I must say I am not a fan of her style at all

33. Shaina February 19, 2012 at 15:33 #

Way too in-your-face! I love this color on her though, so it’s really a shame.

34. Parvati February 19, 2012 at 16:00 #

The dress itself is beautiful (I think I love every single dress by Herve Leroux I’ve seen on the red carpet), but the cleavage is so in your face that it’s just wrong.

35. EmmaWoodhouse February 19, 2012 at 17:41 #

Viola! :( The color is fabulous on her (and I don’t usually like bright orange) but the neckline is SO tacky. If it had been four or five inches higher, to cover the cleavage, it could have been a stunning look.

36. Carmen February 20, 2012 at 04:40 #

My sister saw this and she was horrified. She told me not to look, but I was curious and did it anyway. I was also horrified! Her breasts look like a BUTT!

37. Sarah February 20, 2012 at 06:05 #

Good God! Pretty color, it’s a shame about the cut of the dress.

38. gurlygurl February 20, 2012 at 06:40 #

Wonderful color but I’m not sure what the deal is with Viola and her squished boobs. This is not the first I’ve seen it and it really detracts from her style and quality. Deep V necks are reserved for girls like Rihanna in that Giorgio Armani dress. Also, I’d say ladies with such big traps as Viola has should steer away from halternecks, it only serves to draw attention there. As much as I admire Violas great physique this is all a littel too wrong for me :(

• Linda February 20, 2012 at 23:47 #

“should steer away” – LOL – so diplomatic!

39. Ayishaa February 20, 2012 at 09:32 #

Who did this to Viola? We didnt need to see the twins displayed so blatantly……..

40. robbie February 20, 2012 at 21:23 #

After hanging that phone up, Abileen shoulda stormed over there and beat the daylights outta Leroy!

• Linda February 20, 2012 at 23:47 #

LOL!

41. missamerica February 21, 2012 at 01:12 #

i don’t know who viola’s stylist is but she’d be looking for another job after this. this type dress is only suitable for minimally endowed women; you know, where you actually TRY to catch a lucky angle where you might get lucky and have a glimpse. it is not for women with huge knockers. i was embarrassed for her. and i think octavia was embarrassed to have to sit by her. she is a great actress and a nice lady, she just has no clue how to dress.

42. missamerica February 26, 2012 at 23:49 #

well dang. i’m watching the oscar red carpet right now and there’s viola in a dress cut down to her bell button. she doesn’t look smahed like in the orange dress but her first requirement for a gown must be that her boobs enter the room before she does. look at the other gowns. they don’t scream look at my mammory glands! she needs to learn less is more.

43. missamerica February 26, 2012 at 23:56 #

i just thought of that old woody allen movie where he is a television reporter covering story about a gigantic boob wreking havoc on a city. he was talking about some people it had killed and said “folks, the milk slowed them down but the cream finally got ‘em”. ha. hahahahaha.

44. mememe March 28, 2012 at 17:01 #

Too much cleavage. A different neckline and this would be a winner.