17.02.12 Premiere

The world might just be coming to an end as Jennifer Aniston and Angelina Jolie didn’t wear black on the red carpet last night.

At the Paris premiere of ‘In the Land of Blood And Honey’, Angelina donned her second Ralph & Russo gown in a row.

On this occasion, the Couture house custom made this stunning white crepe gown for the actress.

Angelina loves simple gowns, so the hand-dyed organza floral detail on the shoulder is a beautiful yet unexpected touch.

Would you like to see this gown up for BDOTW? Or did you prefer her grey Ralph & Russo gown or the gold Jenny Packham gown?

Credit: Getty

Ashley Greene's Donna Karan Stretch Cashmere Blend Dress

Ashley Greene’s Donna Karan Stretch Cashmere Blend Dress

Who Wore Mary Katrantzou for Topshop Better? Poppy Delevigne or Alesha Dixon

Who Wore Mary Katrantzou for Topshop Better? Poppy Delevigne or Alesha Dixon

59 Responses to Angelina Jolie In Ralph & Russo – ‘In the Land of Blood And Honey’ Paris Premiere

1. glenn February 17, 2012 at 16:35 #

She look stunning !!!!
    BDOTW for me !

2. Alina February 17, 2012 at 16:47 #

I looove this!

I loved her Jenny Packham look, I really liked her first Ralph&Russo look, but I’m madly in love with this one.

She amazed me this week.

3. AW February 17, 2012 at 16:48 #

This may not be a popular opinion but I hate that sleeve. The rest of the dress is great but that sleeve makes this look matronly.

• molly February 17, 2012 at 19:49 #

Agreed 100%.

• Jones19 February 17, 2012 at 21:05 #

the sleeve is ugly.

4. mattison February 17, 2012 at 16:51 #

Out of the three, the gold Jenny Packham was my favorite by a mile. Something about her hair and makeup in the other two just doesn’t quite work for me.

5. Nat February 17, 2012 at 16:56 #

I’m not a fan of hers at all, but the floral detail is beautiful indeed, so I vote for this one.

6. Leni February 17, 2012 at 17:00 #

I think an exception should be made and all three put up for BDOTW, she deserved it! :)

7. evelyn February 17, 2012 at 17:00 #

she’s just so beautiful..i will prefer this for BDOTW or the gold from jenny packham, not the grey one…

8. Victoria February 17, 2012 at 17:00 #

An absolutely BDOTW! She looks breathtakingly beautiful as always but this is a first where the dress adds a little drama. I do wish she’d wear more dramatic gowns/dresses.

9. Li February 17, 2012 at 17:01 #

Stunning! Though I can’t pick a BDOTW among this, the gold and the grey – they all look lovely on her.

10. Melrose February 17, 2012 at 17:03 #

Def. prefer this R & R dress vs. the Jenny Pack.

This has so much more drama!

11. Emi February 17, 2012 at 17:10 #

I loved the Ralph and Russo gown, but I think this is so beautiful and deserves to be in the BDOTW poll, also because she doesn’t wear light colors often.

12. Rebecca Z February 17, 2012 at 17:17 #

Tough choice–I like the grey R&R and the Packham better than this one, but only by a little. She has really had a great week.

13. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) February 17, 2012 at 17:17 #

Didnt see the Jenny yet. Shes so beautiful she makes my eyes hurt. BDOTW worthy, for certain.

14. From Russia With Love February 17, 2012 at 17:19 #

This dress reminds me of some Valentino dress which Chiuri and Piccioli designed for their first couture collection. And that dress wasn’t good. This one is worse.

15. Prudence February 17, 2012 at 17:20 #

omgggggggggggggg!! this for sure! when have we ever seen her wear something so unexpected….NEVER ! BDOTW!

16. asherlev1 February 17, 2012 at 17:21 #

HOLY CRAP. Between her and Michelle Williams, I almost don’t know what to do with myself.

Honestly – I’m always apathetic to Angelina because she favors the same silhouettes and neutral palette, and while this is white, there is nothing staid about the structure of the dress. LOVE.

17. Mary February 17, 2012 at 17:21 #

Yeap, the world is coming to an end. Soon.

18. sarah February 17, 2012 at 17:24 #

i want to see both, the jenny packham and this gorgeous gown for BDOTW. After the disappointing Jenny Packham at the SAGs, she has more than ,made up for it. Can’t wait to see what she’s going to wear for the Oscars

• marina February 17, 2012 at 18:06 #

I Iike them both. I fact , I like the first R&R dress, because of the way it made her figure look. She is not very easy to dress, she loves her black, and she has a nice figure, but some details have to be enhanced to distract from her flaws, like most normal people have. She doesn’t have the tiniest of waists, and yet I prefer her silouehtte in these last 3 dresses than in the cream and red Versace.
      We cannot say anymore thatbshe sticks to her drab blacks, even the shiny black she wore lately was not boring.
      The gold dress: lovely and the first change
      The grey “office” dress, the most flattering to,her figure
      The rose dress, even if is a neutral color, really goes against her usual dresses, a rose and applications! And she looks good.

19. bee7 February 17, 2012 at 17:26 #

definitely prefer this one

20. Nat39 February 17, 2012 at 17:27 #

Not loving the design. The flower detail is awkward and bulky and not that pretty, it could’ve worked if the dress was sleeveless, no need for that redundant matronly sleeve.
    I choose her grey R&R for BDOTW.

• Linda February 17, 2012 at 22:13 #

I feel the same way. I want to like it more. Another “custom” gown that seems awkward to me. I loved her grey R&R.

21. bm February 17, 2012 at 17:28 #

I actually really liked the 1st Ralph and Russo simplicity and stunning gown, and this picture came and gives me dilemma. So, if not one of them,both will be in BDOTW pool.

22. Darien February 17, 2012 at 17:29 #

this, could very likely to be one of my BDOTY!!! :)

23. EmmaWoodhouse February 17, 2012 at 17:31 #

All her looks this week have been GREAT! :) This one is so dramatic :) I don’t think I can pick a nominee!

24. Vidhya February 17, 2012 at 17:34 #

I love this dress. But what makes this look is that lip colour. Its not too red. Its that kind of rose red that makes her face glow espcially with the pearls on the side. BDOTW!

25. fromchi-town February 17, 2012 at 17:36 #

I think the Jenny Peckham one!

26. Nat February 17, 2012 at 17:40 #

BDOTW, for sure!!!
    I also loved the grey gown, but this is really special.
    The detail on her bust and shoulder is exquisite: it looks like a painting or a sculpture!

27. moja31 February 17, 2012 at 17:55 #

wish she’d pulled her hair back.

28. Fiona-Brasil February 17, 2012 at 18:19 #

The gold Jenny Packham gown , no doubt!I don’t like Ralph and Russo dresses, always too much information…The first grey has an unflattering belt and this white one would look much better without the long sleeve in one side..

29. bas February 17, 2012 at 18:22 #

This is my BTOTW contender for sure. She looks radiant.

30. dee February 17, 2012 at 18:28 #

Both, she looks gorgeous.

31. carol February 17, 2012 at 18:33 #

this gown up for BDOTW

32. Andreea February 17, 2012 at 18:48 #

Stunning ! Love the dress !

33. Cristina February 17, 2012 at 18:52 #

I say put this one AND the Jenny Packham up for a vote!

34. Zineb February 17, 2012 at 18:56 #

I loved every single one of them

35. Zee February 17, 2012 at 18:59 #

It has been long since i loved an angelina look this much. This one is my pick by far. Breath taking.

36. Sabina February 17, 2012 at 19:55 #

This R&R is so stunning on her, I did not like the JP. I also really liked Jen in Tom Ford so I’d love to see both of them competing for BDOTW :)

37. Sea February 17, 2012 at 19:58 #

Definitely BDOTW worthy! The gigantic floral detail is so unexpected (I never thought she would wear something like this). In plain clothes she is already so stunningly beautiful (I even like most of her her boring styles), and when she does fashion and makes a statement, it defies description!

• Sea February 17, 2012 at 20:28 #

Dear FC I just saw photos of her in a brick-colored J Mendel dress. Albeit still an understated piece (even for some it may still be considered boring), I’m enjoying these days seeing Jolie in non-black, bolder clothes. :) If she does fashion, I’d be totally swept off my feet.

38. kbs February 17, 2012 at 20:07 #

I am not going to be popular, but here goes : Why does Angelina dress like a much older lady? Every look I have seen her in, she looks old, and boring. Yes, she is beautiful, but must she dress in such boring clothes? not classy, just old.

• snowlion February 18, 2012 at 05:23 #

Exactly what I was thinking. This dress looks like it should be worn by a much older woman. I also think the hairstyle with the big curl horribly dated! The only thing I am pleased about is that again she is not in black!

39. jane February 17, 2012 at 20:36 #

I know she’s trying to maintain her ~brand~ with Brad but I don’t think her sponsors would be so terribly upset if she spiced things up a bit in the wardrobe department. Taking more chances on bright colors and silhouettes that don’t scream “congressional wife” would be great. There is a happy medium between wildchild and what she’s doing now; I hope she finds it sooner rather than later.

40. Cecelia February 17, 2012 at 21:24 #

I think that this week’s BDOTW is going to be a contest between Chrisina Ricci and Angelina. I can’t decide between the two much less between each of their looks.

41. Mol February 17, 2012 at 22:08 #

It’s going to be really hard for me to chose between Christina and Angie this week. I love this R&R best, and I love the way her hair is, it flows in a lovely way with the flower detail, and her makeup seems soft and pretty.

42. roxana February 17, 2012 at 22:17 #

amazing!

43. ann February 17, 2012 at 22:33 #

SHE IS STUNNING.This dress should be BDOTW.Her face is out of this world.PERFECT.

44. Victoria February 18, 2012 at 00:03 #

How come Angelina Jolie’s black Versace gown for the Bosnian premiere wasn’t covered by RCFA? Also tonight she looked fabulous as always wearing a floor length copper colored gown. Wonder who the designer is.

• Fashion Critic February 18, 2012 at 00:46 #

Victoria, as you know I have been very busy in New York covering Fashion week.

I have tried to catch up as much as I could when I landed back in London today despite coronic jet lag, but it would appear that I have this event you are referring to.

Unfortunately I’m not as big as other online publications, so I so events and people do slip through the net.

My dedication to my site is as committed as ever, and considering that I covered 3 major events during Fashion week, and the support I had received by my readers during this time I know that hard work has been very much appreciated.

• kiwi February 18, 2012 at 06:41 #

Really????? I on the other hand have been awed by FCs energy and passion.. the way she has been covering RC events+ the NY fashion week.. way to go FC

• Fashion Critic February 18, 2012 at 15:30 #

45. Hisadora February 18, 2012 at 01:24 #

She looks absolutely fantastic!!!! This dress is certainly different from what we’re used to seeing on her…. love it!

46. Jess2 February 18, 2012 at 02:41 #

She looks outstanding yet again. I can’t decide whether this look or her gold Jenny Packham look is my favourite. I just love the floral detail on this gown. I am really loving her looks this year as she is really mixing it up and each and every look is magnificent, I am so impressed :)

47. kiwi February 18, 2012 at 06:39 #

ohhhhhh….breathtaking.. love her make up as well.. such a big change for AJ. BDOTW

48. annie February 18, 2012 at 07:20 #

Angie looks stunning as always. she dresses appropriate for her age, unlike say Aniston who dresses like Miley Cyrus most of the time.

49. d February 18, 2012 at 13:25 #

oh how breathtaking

50. Ancika February 18, 2012 at 21:06 #

YOu should see how she looked on the Bosnian premiere of this movie, one day before the Paris one. One of her best looks, really. She looked great on the Croatian premiere,too. One day after this one. She wasn’t wearing black. :)