Michelle Williams In Christian Dior – ‘My Week With Marilyn’ Paris Premiere

Michelle Williams was in Paris on Wednesday night for the premiere of her latest movie, ‘My Week With Marilyn.’

The romance of the city must have been contagious, as Michelle wore a princess-esque Christian Dior Spring 2011 Couture gown rather than a prim, neutral-coloured frock that she tends to favour.

Her pale pink strapless silk gown poufs out into a large bell-shaped skirt with a rise-and-fall hemline which leads out into a train.

On a bed of tulle, I love how the silver, lightly embellished floral design cascades from the top of the bow accented bodice down one side of her gown.

My best guess for this drastic style change is that Michelle gave her stylist the night off, and let her six-year-old daughter choose her look for the night, as it’s the stuff little girls dreams are made of.

Silver Dior peep-toes and a glossy red lip colour which matched nails completed this BDOTW worthy look.

Are you relieved that Michelle has stepped out of her comfort zone?
?

Emmy Awards 2014 Fashion Critics’ Roundup

Emmy Awards 2014 Fashion Critics’ Roundup

Thandie Newton's Jimmy Choo Koko Metallic Leather And Suede Sandals

Thandie Newton’s Jimmy Choo Koko Metallic Leather And Suede Sandals

65 Responses to Michelle Williams In Christian Dior – ‘My Week With Marilyn’ Paris Premiere

1. TeaAtTwo February 16, 2012 at 05:19 #

I’m pretty sure I’m not breathing. It can’t be the same Michelle Williams looking so amazing and full of life that we’ve seen over the past few years.

• mm February 16, 2012 at 16:54 #

LOL! She really looks wonderful. I hope her oscar look doesnt disappoint

2. Mary February 16, 2012 at 05:25 #

Isn’t she a little bit overdressed??

• Jason February 16, 2012 at 07:35 #

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS OVERDRESSED!!!! :-)

• Mary February 16, 2012 at 18:44 #

ahahah true! it’s just that I go to this movie theatre and wearing a couture dress seems a little bit OTT!

3. Sea February 16, 2012 at 05:28 #

Such an unusual look for her but it’s totally worth it! Absolutely delightful and breathtaking! :)

• GusMex February 16, 2012 at 13:46 #

agree! i just wish a little bit of Tildas hair on Michelle, that can be shocking and great!

4. bm February 16, 2012 at 05:29 #

Thank God she wore a gown other than black or white.
    But, i think C. Belle, Kruger, Ricci, and other stars in Hollywood should teach this girl the attitude in the Red Carpet. She always look boring except for the Channel last month and the unforgettable Vera Wang in Oscar some years ago.
    Sorry, because i’m such a huge fan of her movies and i can predict that she is the next Meryl Streep.

5. MG February 16, 2012 at 05:30 #

beautiful beautiful gown! but it’s not made for her

• Linda February 16, 2012 at 15:17 #

I feel the same way. I like it a LOT better on the runway. I feel it falls a little flat on Michelle. She simply does not have the presence to carry it off. It’s a gorgeous gown and nice to see someone wear it, and it’s nice to see her try something new.

• Umi February 16, 2012 at 22:53 #

definitely looks better on the model. BUT i should be glad she stepped out of her comfort zone, got rid of the sleeves and the black-and-white. maybe a new hairstyle next? ;-)

6. Martin February 16, 2012 at 05:40 #

Divine, ravishing and a truly jaw-dropping moment. Not only because we get to see the magnificent work of the departed John Galliano on the red carpet again, but also because Michelle has finally taken a risk and it has paid off in spades. The dress itself is awe-inspiring and she is wearing it with such confidence and poise and elegance. Apart from her mustard Vera Wang at the Academy Awards, this is the best that she has ever looked. BDOTW, without a doubt.

7. Jess2 February 16, 2012 at 05:41 #

Oh my stars, I love it! This is BDOTW for sure and I never thought I would get so excited about someone stepping out of their comfort zone! What I love is that she has really brought some attitude to this look and she is holding her own in what I am sure can be a very overwhelming dress, Bravo!! Hopefully this is the start of some out of this world looks for Michelle for the tour and the Oscars!!

8. Rebecca Z February 16, 2012 at 05:50 #

Very pretty dress, but for me it just doesn’t work with her hair

9. Kim February 16, 2012 at 05:58 #

WOW I’m shocked. This is shocking.
    She looks great – very much at ease in the dress, even though it’s completely out of her comfort zone. The dress itself is not to my taste, but kudos to her for working it!

• dag February 16, 2012 at 12:19 #

agree 100%

10. Sabrina February 16, 2012 at 06:05 #

THIS! Love, although it’s so different than her usual, I think she pulls it off. She looks so happy to!

11. Shelby February 16, 2012 at 06:08 #

The dress wouldn’t be so bad if the lip color would have been different.

• Marybeth February 16, 2012 at 19:28 #

LOL!
      I find the bright red lippie terribly jarring with this dress. Not a very good look.
      But I think you and I are in a distinct minority here! ;)

12. Mol February 16, 2012 at 06:12 #

The drama of the bell shaped skirt is a little lost on Michelle, in fact the skirt swamps her a bit, but there is no denying she looks lovely overall, it was a great pleasure to see this

13. nicole February 16, 2012 at 06:13 #

THANK GOD FOR THIS!!! so refreshing!

if i had to see her in one more high collared dress on her…..

14. Rene February 16, 2012 at 06:14 #

Love it, actually i’m not that into Michelle’s Style, but I Think This is quite good.
    Is It Just me, or anybody else thinks that this gown has Oscar written all over it?

15. Aline February 16, 2012 at 06:21 #

OH MY GOD! I’m not even exaggerating when I tell you this is the first look of hers that I actually liked. Strike that, I LOVE it.

This is the first time the dress goes with the hair and with her personality. Because I mean, she’s very low profile and seems to be shy and quiet, yes, but look at her pose! It’s like she finally allowed herself to wear the type of dress that she wanted to wear all along. She seems proud of herself. Really, it’s the first time I see her actually having fun in the red carpet. I’m a bit shocked, to be honest.

I wish the lipstick was in a different color, but really, I won’t even complain much. IMO this deserves to be a BDOTW contender just because she finally looks happy and mostly, comfortable in the position of superstar Oscar-nominee that she is.

16. Voldamawt February 16, 2012 at 06:43 #

I think she looks absolutely outstanding, however I always find her style chic and classic, although I can understand her style to be boring to some :)

17. Ade February 16, 2012 at 06:46 #

BDOTW really? She looks like she belongs on Toddlers and Tiaras.

• Nat39 February 16, 2012 at 18:34 #

Ditto.

• G February 16, 2012 at 22:45 #

I agree. It’s giving me a toothache.

18. Jacqu February 16, 2012 at 06:58 #

I’m really glad I saw this worn on the red carpet. It’s a wonderful dress, the red lippie throws me off a bit but it’s michelle who I loved over joey potter in dawson’s creek, so over all, love it. :D

19. Emi February 16, 2012 at 08:01 #

She looks great but the red lips are a big mistake.

• Fashion Critic February 16, 2012 at 09:05 #

I love the lips

20. Dana Almarri February 16, 2012 at 08:26 #

You r hilarious.. her daughter choosing a dress for her,, LOL

21. Em February 16, 2012 at 08:30 #

michelle is working it! i love her quiet confidence but unfortunately, i just don’t like the shape or the embellishments of the dress.

22. Cecelia February 16, 2012 at 08:32 #

Credit where credit is due, she looks great in this beautiful dress. Way to bring it.

23. Louise February 16, 2012 at 08:42 #

Beautiful. Delighted to see this dress on the red-carpet, and worn with such a lovely smile too.

24. Andreea February 16, 2012 at 09:03 #

I’m so glad that she made this brave choice.It’s a whole new look for her,but i think that she looks great.I’m not that into the lip color,but that’s not a problem.Way to go,Michelle !

25. Aurélien February 16, 2012 at 09:17 #

Although it’s not my favorourite look, I’m really happy to finally see a gown from this collection which I really loved ! Andrea Riseborough’s dark version of her dress wasn’t sensationnal ….

26. Natalie February 16, 2012 at 09:58 #

THIS IS BEAUTIFUL! Even with her pale skin, she looks just breathtaking!

27. Bellatrix February 16, 2012 at 10:11 #

She looks awful, the dress is way too big for her frame

28. Anna February 16, 2012 at 10:19 #

She looks divine! Great departure from her samey looks. Let’s hope she’s getting us ready for a big turn at the Oscars!

29. jas February 16, 2012 at 10:32 #

i’m so glad she’s changed it up a bit, but she does look a bit silly… the dress overwhelms her

30. Marijke February 16, 2012 at 11:06 #

Well of course she’s gonna wear a dress like this to the premiere of movie in which she’s Marilyn Monroe!!! Love it!!!!

31. Jones19 February 16, 2012 at 11:25 #

As much I love that she’s changed up her look I kinda think this gown overwhelms her a bit.

32. gabis February 16, 2012 at 11:33 #

She looks gorgeous but given her very simple style, plus the usual hair ‘do and bold lips, I wouldn’t say she is that much out of her comfort zone.

33. Carmen February 16, 2012 at 11:56 #

I love it¡¡ It’s very refreshing to see her in a different style and she looks happy for one time.

34. jessy February 16, 2012 at 12:03 #

i think she looks horrific!
    she used to have amazing style-now she looks like a mess!

• Alina February 16, 2012 at 13:18 #

I agree.

35. Lee Ann February 16, 2012 at 12:14 #

Bring back John!!!!

36. Raquel February 16, 2012 at 12:51 #

LOOOVEEEE IIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

37. Carolina Roq February 16, 2012 at 13:19 #

interesting change

38. Paddy M February 16, 2012 at 13:47 #

There must be a mistake. I love this collection. I love this dress. And now Michelle Williams is wearing it?

If this is what she wears to a premiere, not even the world premiere, imagine what she could pull out of the hat at the Oscars! She’s one of the most boring, disappointing red carpet presences, yet here she is, looking this amazing.

I didn’t think it was possible for Michelle to look this good any more. I don’t think it’s possible for her to look any better now, but I’ve already been proven wrong.

39. asherlev1 February 16, 2012 at 14:28 #

The dress is gorgeous, and I think I would have been head over heels if it just hadn’t been for that lip color. Maybe it’s just the lighting, but I feel a more neutral color would have perfected the look for me.

But gahh, she should dress like this more often!

40. Tati M February 16, 2012 at 14:42 #

OMG, she’s absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!

41. Katie February 16, 2012 at 15:18 #

This is the nicest outfit ever on Michelle, she looks radiant too, great choice

42. EmmaWoodhosue February 16, 2012 at 15:20 #

LOVE it! Yay Michelle! It’s a fantastic look that still fits into her retro ladylike aesthetic. The red lipstick is a shade too bright, but other than that this look is fairytale perfection! :)

43. Lola February 16, 2012 at 15:27 #

The dress is a dream magnificent perfection for a very tall and wideshouldered woman preferably with entirely different colouring than miss Williams. It is so extremely not her. The lipstick is horrible.

44. Parvati February 16, 2012 at 15:58 #

I was shocked to see her wear something so different from the usual nude or black and white simple dresses she usually wears! Wow! Well done to her for wearing a gown so bold and unexpected from her, but there are still a few things that bother me: She looks a bit washed out (although it might be just the lighting), but the most important is this: when will she do something different with her hair??? The red lips and matching nail colour are great, though.

• Hannah February 16, 2012 at 17:11 #

I think that she looks really washed out. I’m nto sure if it is the lipstick, which I don’t think suits her tht much anyways, or just the colour or the flashbulbs. I really dislike the shoes, the red nails & lips don’t work with the dress for me, adn I wish that she had gone for a smokey eye instead.
      And, I so want her ot do something different with her hair.
      At least it is different to her uusual.

45. T. February 16, 2012 at 17:12 #

What was she thinking?

46. Luciana February 16, 2012 at 21:32 #

Not like at all…

47. ramsay February 16, 2012 at 22:44 #

Let’s set things straight here: this is an oscar dress – I am sure that was one of the options she considered for the 26th – I like it a lot – Hopefully she won’t regret her decision to go for another dress

48. S0_fly February 17, 2012 at 02:04 #

she looks beautiful im not quite sure that dress is right for her…

49. Ariel February 17, 2012 at 02:38 #

She looks like a big ball of cotton candy! I don’t like it!

50. Dhppy February 17, 2012 at 19:49 #

This gown screams DIOR! It’s old school 60′s Dior. More Audrey Hepburn than Marilyn, but it’s fun. It’s nice to see a change.

• Princess Chi Chi March 20, 2012 at 09:22 #

Very ‘Sabrina’:)

51. Princess Chi Chi March 20, 2012 at 09:22 #

I loved the dress on the runway but on Michelle i feel the volume is ALL wrong, the waist seems a tad lower than it should and doesn’t really compliment her skin tone. I do applaud her for her bravery and daring, and Galliano on a stunning collection which i adored! Dior seems so lacking without him :(