14.02.12

Christina Hendricks In Vintage Carolina Herrera – 2012 Elle Style Awards

At the 2012 Elle Style Awards in London this evening we saw a very demure Christina Hendricks on the red carpet.

The ‘Mad Men’ actress known for her cleavage-baring looks wore a vintage Carolina Herrera dress.

Her high-neck dress in an eye-popping purple hue was accented with a waist-cinching belt.

We often wonder if she could do more than one look, and that has finally been proven true today.

The downside for me is the hair and the necklace.

Her hair is lacklustre and the necklace unnecessary.

A black YSL clutch and green suede shoes completed her look.

Do you like this demure look from Christina?

Credit: Getty

Tolula Adeyemi In Michael van der Ham - 2012 Elle Style Awards

Tolula Adeyemi In Michael van der Ham – 2012 Elle Style Awards

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2012 Elle Style Awards?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2012 Elle Style Awards?

18 Responses to Christina Hendricks In Vintage Carolina Herrera – 2012 Elle Style Awards

1. cara February 14, 2012 at 05:06 #

this dress is hideous! It does her no favours either!

2. Kudzi February 14, 2012 at 07:18 #

I so can relate to Christina becoz I am well endowed as well and it is hard to find something to wear that wont let people say “OMG look at that bust” or “cant she cover up the cleavage”. She tried here and I think its a refreshing change to her cleavage-baring looks

3. Nick February 14, 2012 at 07:53 #

I loathe this outfit and would say its the WORST outfit i have seen all year!!!

• Alina February 14, 2012 at 12:59 #

Ditto.

4. -N February 14, 2012 at 08:31 #

Oh God! .. Horrible!!

5. Maz February 14, 2012 at 09:14 #

I like it! And I think lacklustre is a bit harsh for her hair…She looks good…

6. Nat February 14, 2012 at 09:36 #

She is so beautiful, and I think she can actually pull off a more demure look, different from the usual cleavage/figure hugging look. But this dress is just too fussy and not flattering for her.
    I blame it on the print, mostly.
    However, I like that she is not afraid of colour, and I love how the green shoes match the dress.

7. rita February 14, 2012 at 11:20 #

Ugliest dress EVER SEEN! Yuck. But I’ll give her credit for covering her boobs, she looks really classy!

8. Carolina Roq February 14, 2012 at 12:51 #

I love Christina, she’s absoluely beautiful. But it’s hard to dress her figure.

9. mikeijames February 14, 2012 at 12:53 #

while i concur that this dress does look hideous, i just wonder if she had taken it to a creative tailor and matched it with some extremely contemporary accessories, could she have pulled it off? i’m thinking slash the top diagonally to expose one arm and shoulder, drop the hem below the knee, match it with some chunky charlotte olympias, a bauble-y fashion necklace, and perhaps an envelope clutch from celine.

she just looks to literal here like she stepped off the set of “dallas.”

10. Kelly February 14, 2012 at 13:30 #

She is a phenomenally gorgeous woman, and you only ever see how amazing she can look on “Mad Men.” STICK WITH THE ERA, Christina. It works for you. This, on the other hand, is a 1980s nightmare, even if the colors are nice (love the shoes!). Also, get a stylist.

• Dhppy February 14, 2012 at 21:09 #

I know! She looks great on Mad Men. I’ve often wondered why she doesn’t go to the show’s stylist and ask what works for her in more contemporary clothes.

11. Raquel February 14, 2012 at 16:12 #

I honestly don’t dislike this, it’s an improvement and she is playing with other styles. But I think the necklace, makeup and hair are bad, and add a 80’s vibe to the whole look.

12. andrea February 14, 2012 at 17:00 #

Aboslutely dreadful. This would only work if she were going to a “Designing Women” casting.

13. Jones19 February 14, 2012 at 20:05 #

I would have preferred a green clutch to match the accents on the dress. I like this look, very nice.

14. EmmaWoodhouse February 14, 2012 at 20:23 #

THERE IS A REASON THAT THE 1980s ARE IN THE PAST!!!!!!!!!

15. Dhppy February 14, 2012 at 21:07 #

If you already have broad shoulders there is no need to add more.

16. Jenny S February 19, 2012 at 00:18 #

This look is just awful on Christina – but I do love the green suede shoes.