13.02.12 Best Dressed

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2012 BAFTA Awards?

Credit: Getty

Octavia Spencer In Tadashi Shoji - 2012 BAFTA Awards

Octavia Spencer In Tadashi Shoji – 2012 BAFTA Awards

Adele In Giorgio Armani - 2012 Grammy Awards

Adele In Giorgio Armani – 2012 Grammy Awards

21 Responses to Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2012 BAFTA Awards?

1. Alice February 13, 2012 at 01:14 #

Michelle Williams is my best dressed, I know it’s “only H&M” but she looks radiant, the dress is flattering and the “The Misfits” clutch bag by Olympia le-Tan is amazing.

2. Jad♫n™ February 13, 2012 at 01:16 #

Tilda Swinton, hands down.

3. Hannah February 13, 2012 at 01:22 #

Easily Peasily it was Tilda, followed by Jessica and then Kirsten.
    As always I am super imrpessed by your coverage, FC, it must be hell every year, or almost every year, having NYFW (especially if you have jet-lag), The grammys and the BAFTA’s all at the same time.
    Hopefully it is all worth it!

• Fashion Critic February 13, 2012 at 01:33 #

I LOVE IT ;)

and yes it is worth it

4. GiGi February 13, 2012 at 01:27 #

THIS IS THE MOST DIFFICULT ONE EVER!!

• GGGGGGGG February 13, 2012 at 16:24 #

I know!!! Its been awhile since EVERYONE brought there A-game to an awards. Hopely this is a preview for the Oscars.

5. EmmaWoodhouse February 13, 2012 at 01:52 #

Michelle Williams. Loved her classic elegance!

6. Dhppy February 13, 2012 at 02:19 #

I’m so happy to see Meryl on a best dressed list that I had to vote for her. This may never happen again.

7. Linda February 13, 2012 at 03:12 #

Tilda Swinton looks nice, but I’m baffled how she can be in the lead over ladies whose looks were so well thought out and executed from every angle that they ascend to a whole other level of beauty. I’m thinking specifically of drop dead bombshell Melissa George; radiant, elegant and sexy Meryl Streep; and the alluring Christina Ricci in that liquid gold gown. All three of them had amazing hair and make up, stand out accessories (in order of best I’d say Melissa, then Christina, then Meryl) and stunning gowns. They all three took my breath away. I’m beginning to harbour a suspicion that people are biased when it comes to Tilda, because within this best dressed competition she simply does not compare. As I said, her dress is nice, but her hair is messy and it looks like she didn’t bother to put any make up on. I realize that’s her aesthetic and for some that in itself makes her a wothy winner, but in this case, I think it’s a real stretch.

8. TeaAtTwo February 13, 2012 at 03:26 #

I had bit of a tough time deciding between Tilda, Christina and Melissa

9. Leo February 13, 2012 at 03:37 #

Nobody can touch Meryl Streep here. Never looked so sexy. Fierce and fabulous. AMAAAZING! Already thinking this will be on my top 10 of the year.

10. Mol February 13, 2012 at 04:16 #

I love me some Tilda, but not compared to the liquid gold that is Christina – she was an easy pick for me, no one else came close!

11. Liz February 13, 2012 at 04:20 #

Why is Shailene even an option? She looks so bad.

Tilda got my vote.

12. A February 13, 2012 at 06:57 #

What about Holliday Grainger? :( I thought she looked absolutely breathtaking in Valentino.

13. Cellie February 13, 2012 at 09:41 #

Viola FTW!!

14. nessa February 13, 2012 at 10:19 #

TILDA rules there is no doubt!

15. Lisa February 13, 2012 at 12:33 #

OMG! Viola!

16. Alina February 13, 2012 at 13:19 #

Meryl!

17. Eva February 13, 2012 at 13:33 #

Went for Tilda because the other looks are just so poor. Jessica, Meryl and Kristen look okay but the rest are a complete mess. Shailene’s hair ruins the entire outfit.
    Christina is all dressed up in gold foil, the material of Viola’s dress doesn’t suit the style and the style doesn’t suit her. When she walked onto the stage to present I could practically see her whole leg poking out as she walked.

Melissa’s dress is boring and she’s wearing too much make-up. Michelle looks like she made no effort and whenever I look at Penelope’s dress I can’t help thinking that she’s wearing a box, it’s such a strange neckline.

Tilda doesn’t look AMAZING imo but you an see she at least tried, stayed true too herself and looks quite nice.
    So far it’s a really disappointing awards season, especially after such amazing collections during Fashion Weeks, you’d think they’d all be spoilt for choice. If the Oscars is anything similar to this standard I will lose all faith in red carpet fashion.

18. Sanette February 13, 2012 at 15:15 #

Christina Ricci wins for me. What an immaculate look.

19. Parvati February 13, 2012 at 20:52 #

Hands down, Melissa George in Victoria Beckham!