Katy Perry In Elie Saab Couture – 2012 Grammy Awards

I had a feeling that Katy Perry would wear a blue dress to match her dyed hair at the 2012 Grammy Awards tonight, and it looks like I was right.

The singer glided down the red carpet wearing an Elie Saab Spring 2012 Couture gown.

Her straight-off-the-runway light blue three-quarter-sleeved embellished floral appliqué gown features a scoop back and cinched-in waist accented with a simple ribbon.

This look would’ve been phenomenal had Katy sported her trademark raven locks.

Unfortunately, her mismatched hair with visible roots unbalances the regal elements of the look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

43 thoughts on “Katy Perry In Elie Saab Couture – 2012 Grammy Awards

1. Jason

She looks matronly, her chest is sagging with no support, the dress is giving her no shape, the hair is make up is AWFUL, this is not Elie Saab but a cheap Melrose knock off. Disappointing but not shocking coming from Katy.

1. Linda

I have to agree with you there on every point, Jason. I didn’t like the recent Elie Saab collection as much as some others of his because the dresses are feeling very similar and too heavily beaded.

2. TeaAtTwo

Although I’d prefer her to have black hair, the blue hair gives it a bit of youthfulness, even if it isn’t as elegant. The dress is beautiful.

3. EmmaWoodhouse

Oh, SO close! This is a gorgeous dress, but Katy needed too things: more support in the bust area and NORMAL HAIR! I’m so disappointed because with these tweaks she could have been amazing.

4. Fromchi-town

I dont like this at all. It looked a little matronly, with the sleeves. And the hair just about killed it.

5. Dhppy

A little disappointing and I love Elie Saab. Perhaps, if she had more support, the dress as a whole would get a lift.

6. bee7

i dont mind blue hair but the dark roots really baffle me. the dress is beautiful but i would prefer to see it on someone with small chest just like the runaway model arizona muse

1. bec

I was just thinking the same…she’s too booby for this dress. She looks gorgeous in the photo taken from the back, but in the front on photo the dress does nothing for her.

7. jas

BORING. carrie underwood, adele and katy perry all look like they’re wearing the same dress but in different colours. and adele wins by far

8. Shaina

This looked a lot better on video. I still love this look though, I like the blue dress matching with her hair. Great look for Katy!

9. moja31

i will never not hate the blue hair, and the gown is doing nothing for her boobs. it could have been gorgeous, but it’s falling flat.

10. Rebecca Z

Dreadful–get over the hair–either do the costume thing or do the grown up thing–trying to put them together doesn’t work.

11. Shelby

I agree that the mismatched hair is a bit off-putting, but as a woman who dyes her hair, I’m glad to see someone in the public eyes saying “Ef what people think, if they don’t like my hair, so what!?”

Though from the front she looks a little dumpy in this dress.

12. Jan

I agree that this would’ve looked a lot better with her normal hair. But other than that she looks absolutely beautiful!

13. Jess2

This was one of my favourite pieces from the couture collection. Katy does look beautiful and I absolutely love the botoom photo that shows the back but I am not sure this was the best dress choice for her. A darker colour hair (something more similar to Arizona Muse’s colour) would have looked much better. I also think she needed more support around the bust. In two minds about this look

14. Mia

very bad choice. she looks like grandma katy perry. The dress does nothing for her figure as far making her look hot. Instead she looks wide and squared. I would be disappointed if i were the designer.

15. Colleen

This was one of my favorite gowns of the collection but she has totally ruined it for me. The hair is atrocious, her breasts are sagging and she is bringing absolutely nothing to this gorgeous gown. The whole look is matronly. What a disappointment. This was an Oscar gown, meant for the likes of Cate Blanchett, not this mess.

16. Parvati

I love this look! The visible roots slightly bother me, like they did when she had her hair dyed pink, but I can ignore it and say that this is a very nice look from Katy Perry. The gown is beautiful and, well, it still matches her hair! :P