12.02.12

Michelle Williams In H&M Bespoke – 2012 BAFTA Awards

After a brief stint with colour at the SAG Awards, Michelle Williams was back to black and white at the 2012 BAFTA Awards.

The ‘Best Actress’ nominee returned to her comfort zone in a strapless H&M Bespoke ivory-and-black gown.

This is a grand effort from H&M, but it’s certainly nothing new.

Michelle saves it with glamorous styling.

Her bold red lips and a dark manicure stand out, while a Fred Leighton for Forevermark necklace and an Olympia Le-Tan clutch add some personality.

Credit: Getty

Meryl Streep In Vivienne Westwood - 2012 BAFTA Awards

Meryl Streep In Vivienne Westwood – 2012 BAFTA Awards

Fearne Cotton In Moschino - 2012 BAFTA Awards

Fearne Cotton In Moschino – 2012 BAFTA Awards

30 Responses to Michelle Williams In H&M Bespoke – 2012 BAFTA Awards

1. Alice February 12, 2012 at 20:13 #

I love that her Olympia le Tan clutch is of The Misfits by Arthur Miller, it’s one f my favourite Marylin movies!

2. Ella February 12, 2012 at 20:13 #

I love that clutch! It looks like a book =D

3. Linda February 12, 2012 at 20:15 #

I like everything except the necklace. If she removed that it would be go from a good look to a very good look (even if it is not out of her comfort zone).

4. Vidhya February 12, 2012 at 20:19 #

I though it looked pretty classic.. nothing drastic but very polished.. her makeup could be better though..

5. Emi February 12, 2012 at 20:21 #

I usually don’t like her style, quite boring, but I like this look. The dress is beautiful, I love the clutch and the red lips. How could these women stay in the cold? Even if I think it’s just for few minutes…

6. Fromchi-town February 12, 2012 at 20:26 #

I am usually bored when shes wearing black and nude. But I m loving this look. I think the lip color and accessories make the look. She looks classy and polished.

7. Cecelia February 12, 2012 at 20:29 #

Yawn. Same old, same old. Boring dress, bright red lipstick and nothing done with her hair. At least this time she did wear some jewelery. I was beginning to think she is allergic to it.

Not sure why you pick on Emma Watson about not changing up her hair, which she does, and boring Michele gets a pass every time.

• Fashion Critic February 12, 2012 at 20:50 #

I mentioned Emma Watson hair ONCE on the last post.

That hardly qualifies for picking on someone.

8. Bellatrix February 12, 2012 at 20:34 #

Ok, sorry, I tried but I’ve had enough, everything looks awful with that hair, sorry Michelle!

9. EmmaWoodhouse February 12, 2012 at 20:34 #

I love this look! It’s simple but chic…yes, it does remind me a bit of her Chanel look from the Critics’ Choice awards, but it is still a wonderful ensemble! The pleating on the bodice is subtle but stunning, and her styling elevates the look to pure elegance. Best dressed of the event (so far)

10. Sanette February 12, 2012 at 20:36 #

This is probably the first look I’ve really liked from her this season. Everything works here for once.

• Alina February 13, 2012 at 15:50 #

11. ramsay February 12, 2012 at 20:45 #

H&M on the Bafta red carpet from a major actress…that’s a first

• GGGGGGGG February 13, 2012 at 16:30 #

Yes, I honestly refuse to believe that an H & M dress.Also love the clutch. But that necklace could have gone somewhere.

12. Slash February 12, 2012 at 20:47 #

H&M ? Really ?! You go H&M for the BAFTA’s and you’re like bff with people like Jason Wu ? This is the night to go va-va-voom, not this. This is a cute look for a premiere or something like that, not for the BAFTA’s.
    I am now, officially, serously bored by this girl.

13. Hannah February 12, 2012 at 20:48 #

She is consistently dull. I hate the makeup, it is drab & unflattering and tragically dated. the necklace is hideous, and the dress is even mroe blah than she is. And incredibly similar to that chanel gown she wore a while back, and pretty much evertyhing else she has ever worn.

• bee7 February 13, 2012 at 03:50 #

+1. and i gave up on hoping her to grow her hair.

14. Willow February 12, 2012 at 20:51 #

I think she needed more of a statement necklace, something by Kenneth Jay Lane would have been gorgeous.

15. robbie February 12, 2012 at 21:02 #

its nice, my eyes were drawn to that clutch though “the misfit” would absolutely kill to own that, adore that movie.

16. rita February 12, 2012 at 21:14 #

I love this.I think sometimes people forget that no every actress is sexy or has sex appeal. She is a great actress but she puts her personality on the RC. She is someone really simple to begin with so I doubt she would try to be something she’s not. No everyone has Salma Hayek’s sexiness. I prefer someone e who stays true to who they are whether through fashion or elsewhere. In Scarlet Johannson I might understand people’s criticism because she used to be so sexy and interesting but when you’re already simple and ordinary lie MW, I don’t think you will take risks on the RC. Which is why I still don’t understand why she got to play the most sensual actress of all time when she has zero sex appeal!

17. Pati February 12, 2012 at 21:17 #

Booooring….

18. Rebecca Z February 12, 2012 at 21:22 #

Safe but pretty. Nothing to write home about.

19. Angela February 12, 2012 at 22:28 #

Dress is beautiful, but it is a safe choice. I would like to see more of the Michelle we saw on the night of the Golden Globes in her amazing Jason Wu dress!

20. Jeremy February 12, 2012 at 23:30 #

This is H&M? I’ve never seen anything like this from H&M. Now if the quality of H&M clothes are one-one hundredth as good as this…

21. d February 12, 2012 at 23:51 #

wow doesnt look h&m to me!

22. Paulo February 13, 2012 at 00:30 #

I remember being amazed when Michelle had that fashion moment wearing a saffron colored Vera Wang dress at the Oscars…now, I just really find her boring.

23. Raquel February 13, 2012 at 01:17 #

The problem with Michelle is that her choices makes her look way older than she is. It is not about not being “sey” – even the red carpets sirens make bad mistakes. But Michelle consistently chose beautiful pieces and turns them into matronly looking outfits.

As far as the hair goes, short hair is not an excuse. Emma Watson, Carey Mulligan and Mia Wasiskowska managed to work around that.

24. TeaAtTwo February 13, 2012 at 02:35 #

The outfit is merely OK ( I need to go to her H&M store) but this is the most energetic I’ve seen on the red carpet in a long while. Plus I love her red lips.

25. jas February 13, 2012 at 03:04 #

BORINGGGGG

26. Carolina Roq February 14, 2012 at 13:23 #

Very pretty, it doesn’t look H&M at all. But Michelle always looks the same boring and sexyless self.