Jessica Chastain In Oscar de la Renta – 2012 BAFTA Awards

Despite the Fall 2011 trend of long-sleeved gowns, our red carpet favourites like Jessica Chastain braved the cold in London tonight wearing sleeveless gowns on the red carpet for the 2012 BAFTA Awards.

Jessica wore an Oscar de la Renta Pre-Fall 2012 gown.

Her pleated lamé mousseline gown with a plunging neckline was styled with a gorgeous diamond-encrusted necklace and embellished platform shoes.

The ‘can’t-clutch, won’t clutch’ actress styled her hair into loose waves and added a orangey-red lip colour to complete her look.

I haven’t seen the live pictures, but I can imagine that the pictures aren’t doing her justice as she appeared washed out in some and radiant in others.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Penelope Cruz In Armani Privé - 2012 BAFTA Awards

Penelope Cruz In Armani Privé – 2012 BAFTA Awards

Tilda Swinton In Celine - 2012 BAFTA Awards

Tilda Swinton In Celine – 2012 BAFTA Awards

16 Responses to Jessica Chastain In Oscar de la Renta – 2012 BAFTA Awards

1. Henrique February 12, 2012 at 19:02 #

The dress is beautiful but I dislike the necklaces and the hair

2. EmmaWoodhouse February 12, 2012 at 19:03 #

I’m not a fan of the plunging neckline but other than that this is a fabulous look for Jessica! I love the rich, pleated fabric and silvery-gold color, which goes perfectly with her gorgeous old-Hollywood-style hair. This is the best she’s looked in a while! Hopefully she keeps it up for the Oscars!

3. SandTony February 12, 2012 at 19:07 #

She is so beautiful! I love the outfit, perfect

4. Amanda February 12, 2012 at 19:23 #

Love the necklace with it…she looks ethereal…so beautiful!

5. Hermoine February 12, 2012 at 19:32 #

Haven’t we seen this on someone else lately?? I am getting deja vu vibes

6. The Dame February 12, 2012 at 19:42 #

I just dont know how she can be out in this freezing cold!? Ive been out in London all day and the biggest grump even with my four layers on!

7. ramsay February 12, 2012 at 19:52 #

I think this would work better on someone with a smaller bust

8. Emi February 12, 2012 at 19:57 #

I think that the color of the dress washes her out, and I don’t like the necklace with the neckline. A kinda deja vu, for me, too.

9. Hannah February 12, 2012 at 20:53 #

I love this look. Her stlye(ist) is so hit and miss that I am getting increasingly worried for the oscars, but this is a great look. Her hair is beautiful and I am going ot go with she looks greeat & the other photos is the fault of the photographer’s glare, although a silver dress on a super pale girl is a risk. A clutch is desperately needed here, because she still feels slightly underdressed or unbalanced somehow, a bracelet or ring would have helped.

10. Michelle February 12, 2012 at 23:06 #

This is actually one of the first times I am thrilled with what she is wearing. This flowy, dreamy look is a welcome change from her usual prim & proper plain looks that sometimes come across as too stiff and too old for me. She looks young & fresh & beautiful here.

• Kaz February 13, 2012 at 10:07 #

Totally agree. I think she looks gorgeous!

11. gabis February 13, 2012 at 00:55 #

I really want to like this look, but I can’t get past her shoes choice. The runway silver pumps work so perfectly with the dress that I just feel no other shoes could work with it. I also wish she had opted for some gorgeous statement earrings instead of that washed out necklace which may not ruin the look, but it certainly does nothing for it either.

12. jas February 13, 2012 at 03:02 #

she looks so beautiful. gorgeous

• Alina February 13, 2012 at 16:03 #

ditto.

13. Jones19 February 13, 2012 at 13:25 #

I don’t know why but I just can’t like anything she wears. She never brings any energy to her looks.

14. Jess2 February 14, 2012 at 07:36 #

Going through the getty images and she looks lovely