12.02.12

Bonnie Wright In Vintage – 2012 BAFTA Awards

With sleek, side-swept waves and bold red lips, Bonnie Wright looked like a young Julianne Moore on the red carpet at the 2012 BAFTA Awards in London this evening.

Whilst I wish Bonnie had made more of an effort, the red-haired actress stayed true to her quirky aesthetic by wearing a vintage polka-dot dress, paired with black tights and Prada accessories.

I like the idea of Bonnie’s bright pink peep-toes, in theory, but they just seem to be competing and clashing with her bright lip colour.

Which colour should she have kept – red lips or pink heels?

Credit: Getty

Melissa George In Victoria Beckham - 2012 BAFTA Awards

Melissa George In Victoria Beckham – 2012 BAFTA Awards

Christina Ricci In Givenchy Couture - 2012 BAFTA Awards

Christina Ricci In Givenchy Couture – 2012 BAFTA Awards

55 Responses to Bonnie Wright In Vintage – 2012 BAFTA Awards

1. Hannah February 12, 2012 at 20:56 #

This si such a let down, she used ot dress well but her last few red carpet looks have been bad. Also, his would barely be suited to a photocll, let alone the baftas. She can’t even blame an airline for lost baggage or anything.
    Also, with the dark red lips and the red/pink shoes, don’t forget the also clashing bright scarlet nails.

• Marie February 13, 2012 at 09:35 #

I don’t think at all that she looked bad. I mean this is Bonnie and it’s her Styling. What do you want? Do you want her to be like Emma Watson or Miley Cyrus or whoever? Well sorry to disappoint you, I doubt she ever will be and I’m glad about it

• Cellie February 13, 2012 at 10:59 #

Bonnie stan love to talk about Emma! Loser! She has no style! Sad, but true.

• Michelle February 13, 2012 at 12:51 #

Why talk about Emma? LOL. You can’t talk about your ‘lovely’ bonnie sans bring emma to your comment? Silly stans.
        Thank God Emma not dressed like an 40 years old lady.

• Luciana February 13, 2012 at 11:16 #

That why she never makes vogue best dressed list. No style.

• Goose February 14, 2012 at 04:37 #

Actually she did this time for this dress….js

• Michelle February 14, 2012 at 10:22 #

Vogue US. Never.

• Goose February 14, 2012 at 17:41 #

It’s still Vogue listing her on the best dress list. So…her comment is wrong.

• Luciana February 14, 2012 at 19:10 #

Vogue UK post all the actors, not best dressed. She never makes Vogue USA list. Plus, she makes every worst dressed list. LOL.

• potteralltheway February 26, 2012 at 23:46 #

some of her looks are AMAZING her Clements Ribeiro dress looked amazing with her hair and skin tone. Plus that Prada ivory dress and The head to toe Loius Vuitton look with the Blue and black Louis Vuitton dress. I have to say though this was disappointing

2. Sara J. February 12, 2012 at 21:03 #

She needs a stylist. She did realize she was going to the BAFTAS? There is nothing wrong with whitening out your natural skin tone or wearing bright lipstick but please wear a gown out of respect to the industry you want to be part of.

3. Guava Girl February 12, 2012 at 21:18 #

she looks a hot and spicy mess

4. Pati February 12, 2012 at 21:19 #

This for BAFTAs? Really??

5. Ade February 12, 2012 at 21:21 #

she should have kept her butt at home. I understand quirky but what is this?

6. Nat39 February 12, 2012 at 21:22 #

This is bad. If you`re going to wear pink peep-toes at least make sure you are NOT wearing the heavy black opaque tights!!! Should`ve kept the red lips, ditch the tights, and even simple black heels would`ve worked better, let keep the focus on her red hair and lips.

7. Lina February 12, 2012 at 21:42 #

I think the outfit is very cute, but yeah, it would have been nice if she gave a bit more of an effort. On the other hand, she wasn’t nominated or anything either.
    The shoes are Miu Miu s/s 04 or something similar, fyi. Girl takes care of her shoes!

8. yazz February 12, 2012 at 21:49 #

this girl is so boring,bad sense of fashion, she wearing ugly dresses always ,and her make up is terrible ,the only good thing in this girl is her hair

• Lisa February 12, 2012 at 23:36 #

THIS.

• Marie February 13, 2012 at 09:37 #

The Girl is more interessting than you. Seriously, I love her Look, imagine

• Cellie February 13, 2012 at 11:01 #

Please, back to pottershots or bwo. This inst fan site. And she isnt interessting. She’s really boring and uses to much makeup.

9. 2c February 12, 2012 at 21:50 #

I’m expecting a pregnancy announcement in the next few months!
    Raging hormones really are the only thing that could explain the idea behind this outfit.

10. Lisa February 12, 2012 at 22:05 #

A LOT OF MAKE-UP!! YUCK.
    Who the hell invited this girl for the baftas? she always ‘bold red lips’ look. Go home!

• Cellie February 13, 2012 at 09:48 #

Best comment.

11. Parvati February 12, 2012 at 22:14 #

Love this girl, but what the heck is this. Bold red lips look great, but when you combine it with opaque tights and pink peeptoes, it looks quite odd, to say the least. Her dress is adorable, but save this type of look for a more casual event. This is clearly the worst look for the 2012 BAFTAs.

12. Goose February 12, 2012 at 22:31 #

Wow, seriously her wearing this is a lack of respect for the film industry? Okay….

While ia it’s not exactly a BAFTA dress it is cute and plus the fact she’s not nominated or even presenting but to be there for her fiance who is presenting for the first time, I think it’s just fine.

I love her hair and make up. IA about different shoes. I don’t mind the color but don’t care for the look of them.

• Goose February 12, 2012 at 22:32 #

Also I thought the BAFTAS are suppose to be more laid back and more fun than the Oscars. I see this as her trying something new with a vintage dress and going for fun and cute.

• potteralltheway February 26, 2012 at 23:49 #

Goose is totally right . I like Bonnie’s choices I just wish that she’d gotten rid of the tights, had red shoes, and gotten her clutch in red instead of black.

13. Lisa February 12, 2012 at 23:35 #

BIG NO. too much makeup.
    worst dressed.

14. EmmaWoodhouse February 13, 2012 at 00:43 #

Cute dress! For a day of sight-seeing in London, or for a luncheon. But seriously, everything else is BAD. The lipstick is WAY too much, and WHO would wear pink peep-toes with BLACK TIGHTS?!?!?! SO many levels of wrong there!

15. Raquel February 13, 2012 at 01:09 #

Wow, so many agressive comments. Why people keep complaining about Bonnie wearing red lipstick as a trademark when Dita wears red lipstick to yoga and it is not a problem?

Her hair is stunning, her makeup is amazing, and the look is fine… for another occasion. Even if the BAFTAS are more laid back than the Oscars, it is still a red carpet event where people do dress up. She can be quirky and sophisticated – many other manage this.

FC, I would ditch the pink peep toes, though I think a red pair would be too obvious with blue and polka dots. Yellow, maybe?

16. Liz February 13, 2012 at 04:23 #

I like her makeup and the dress. Red heels would have been better.

17. Shelby February 13, 2012 at 04:29 #

Should have matched the lip pie to the shoes for an unexpected combo (most would have assumed red)

18. Emi February 13, 2012 at 08:54 #

She should kept the red lips and worn red shoes, but this is such an understated look for the Bafta, too understated, I think.

19. Marie February 13, 2012 at 09:40 #

To be honest what is wrong with you Guys? This is BONNIE, not Emma, Miley, Taylor or whoever, just BONNIE and it’s her Style and don’t complain “It’s not a BAFTA Dress” she was there to SUPPORT Jamie and not to present or accept something. She used this for this Reason and I love her Dress, I love that she is just Bonnie and all you can do is complaining in a very negative Way. She is beautfil

• Anna February 13, 2012 at 11:06 #

Bonnie who?

Yes, we get you love Bonnie and want lick her a**! Now you can stop talk about Emma ou Taylor.

Worst dressed. She needs an better stylist.

20. Cellie February 13, 2012 at 09:45 #

No. NO. NO.
    Too much makeup. Hideous dress. Always the same hair. Ugly shoe and bad ‘actress’.

21. Savan February 13, 2012 at 10:17 #

And yet, Bonnie looked better and more attractive and, dare I say it, more fashionable than 90% of the women out there on the red carpet. Hmmm.

22. Luciana February 13, 2012 at 11:10 #

WTF?? What she doing here? Shes not present or nom.!
    Granny clothes. Yuck.
    Meryl looks much more young and fun than that talentless girl. Ew

23. Solange February 13, 2012 at 12:06 #

Red heavy shoes, black tights and polka dot blue romantic dress – lack of taste.
    No need to buy Prada to look like a tramp.

• Raquel February 13, 2012 at 13:38 #

A tramp, really? Come on.

24. Michelle February 13, 2012 at 12:48 #

Dont insult Julianne Moore.
    She really wants to be face of prada or miu miu. Try too hard. Ew

• Solange February 13, 2012 at 23:14 #

THIS.

25. Carolina Roq February 13, 2012 at 13:24 #

The tights are so bad.

26. lucinda February 13, 2012 at 18:17 #

There is clearly a reason why Bonnie is being invited to red carpet events, given outfits by big fashion brands, and photographed, rather than the lot of self-appointed fashion experts who leave no grain of good on just any outfit posted on this site.

27. Parvati February 13, 2012 at 20:42 #

I don’t like this look. First of all, I think it looks too casual for the BAFTAs. I also don’t like the print of the dress and the black tights worn with peep-toes trend never excited me. But if I had to choose between the red lipstick and the pink shoes, I would choose the pink shoes, because I’ve always thought that red lipstick looks a bit awkward on her.

28. Ms. Brainwash February 13, 2012 at 21:57 #

Bonnie looks amazing. This is a very cool and hip look. People who do not get it simply do not have the creative eye. The mainstream people has been brainwashed into thinking what beauty should be. I am very impressed by this girl’s choices. She knows what she wants and she knows how to play it. She likes to think outside the box and celebrate her individuality. These are the characteristics that young people should emulate. Fashion is art. It is a medium for self expression. A great art always evokes emotion and conversation. It encourages discourse. This girl is definitely an artist. One very beautiful and talented artist.

• Solange February 13, 2012 at 23:13 #

She cant act. sorry. she just has rich parents… and try too hard to be face of prada or miu miu.

• Luciana February 14, 2012 at 16:50 #

well said.

• nanci79 February 21, 2012 at 05:14 #

I think what makes it worse is when Emma tries to act. Bless her. she is just as bad. I think when all is said and done, Bonnie is following the beat of her own fashion drum. I am sure that when the time comes she will stand out with a spectacular dress.

29. J. J February 14, 2012 at 18:13 #

Good to see the Emma fans trolling. Still pressed she didn’t go?

• Luciana February 15, 2012 at 12:38 #

Bonnie still worst dressed! In all the lists! LOL!
      Like FC said: Should’ve stay at home!

30. bianca February 19, 2012 at 21:09 #

I think that she should have kept the red lips instead of those heels

31. Annoyed >:/ April 26, 2012 at 07:23 #

Bonnie needs a SERIOUS personal stylist because this betch looks BAD like almost ALL the time. FOR GODSAKE WOMAN YOU’RE BEAUTIFUL! SHOW IT OFF!

32. moi May 25, 2012 at 19:02 #

I don’t get why Bonnie fans always brings Emma to the discussion when people diss her about her fashion. You are the one creating the comparison. Sore point for you, eh? I guess it’s honest to say that this ensemble is more of an ugh than a wow.Anybody with eyes can see that.Those claiming otherwise are just being defensive. Honestly, there is a fine line between thinking outside the box and going overboard.

33. Vivienne Parker August 18, 2012 at 11:23 #

Jesus! Stop insisting that Bonnie needs to find a stylist! As long as Bonnie loves the way she dresses, she can do whatever she bloody wants!

I think she looks lovely.