Rose Byrne was one of the many stars to take to the red carpet for the amfAR New York Gala to kick off Fall 2012 Fashion Week in New York City last night.

She looked divine as always, wearing an Alexander McQueen Spring 2012 dress.

Her fitted nude-and-black lace dress is the commercial version of the more avant-garde dress which took to the runway back in October.

I think Rose could’ve rocked the runway version, sans mask, but she would’ve killed the runway version with those Sergio Rossi black satin pumps.

I would’ve loved a lacquered, slicked-back hairstyle with this look, but Rose opted for wavy locks.

An ivory Alexander McQueen skull-clasp clutch completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Ashley Greene's Christian Louboutin Lady Peep Patent Leather Platform Pumps

Ashley Greene’s Christian Louboutin Lady Peep Patent Leather Platform Pumps

Reese Witherspoon In Miu Miu - 'This Means War' LA Premiere

Reese Witherspoon In Miu Miu – ‘This Means War’ LA Premiere

17 Responses to Rose Byrne In Alexander McQueen – amfAR New York Gala To Kick Off Fall 2012 Fashion Week

1. Alina February 9, 2012 at 12:24 #

Beautiful, although better shoes would have been appreciated.

2. J February 9, 2012 at 12:25 #

those shoes are such a turn off. she really couldn’t borrow some good ones? you’re wearing mcqueen, child!

3. Martin February 9, 2012 at 12:28 #

Much prefer the runway version of this look, which I think is wildly more amazing than the generic and watered-down incarnation that Rose is sporting. Not a bad look by any stretch of the imagination, but just not particularly exciting either. Between the uninspired dress and the odd hair and generic shoes, I get the impression that Rose just phoned this look in.

4. Luiza February 9, 2012 at 12:37 #

amazing! she’s just getting better and better. but I have to say that I totally deslike her bangs.

5. Jess2 February 9, 2012 at 12:45 #

Great dress, especially the runway version! Rose looks great in it and I love the clutch. It is a shame about the shoes and I don’t really like her hair cut I’m afraid.

6. CTgirl February 9, 2012 at 12:56 #

Great look that is killed by the lank Alexa Chung hair. So sad.

• EmmaWoodhouse February 9, 2012 at 22:04 #

Agree! Her hair does look like Alexa’s here, which is not good. I didn’t like the dress on the runway–it was too creepy but I like it on her.

7. Natalie February 9, 2012 at 13:14 #

I much prefer the runway version. Much more striking, and I think she could have rocked it too. It’s actually a pretty great look but with the original next to it, it definitely falls short.

8. TeaAtTwo February 9, 2012 at 13:53 #

After looking at the runway version I can’t help but be bored by Rose’s look.

9. fromchi-town February 9, 2012 at 14:52 #

The runway version is soo amazing. Rose looks great in her dress, I just wish she chose more interesting shoes.

10. mol February 9, 2012 at 15:48 #

The runway look is amazing, but I hate everything about this look on Rose, and her hair is awful to me.

11. Leti February 9, 2012 at 16:04 #

I like the dress, but the hair is killing me. Between the heavy bangs, and the volume in the rest of her hair, it’s like she’s covering half her face. I think that if one is going to wear such heavy bangs, the rest of the hair should be very sleek (a la Angelica Houston), otherwise, it can be overwhelming of ones features.

12. Dhppy February 9, 2012 at 18:23 #

I like the crisp black of the Runway version versus the more muted color on Byrne. It’s still a great dress though, it looks perfectly fit for her, and I don’t mind her choice of shoe. True about the hair, though. This outfit demands a sleek look. Although, to be frank, I have a problem with wavy bobs in any context. Mary Pickford is really the last woman to carry that look off.

13. Aline February 9, 2012 at 20:39 #

Love the dress, strongly dislike the hair.

14. Parvati February 9, 2012 at 21:02 #

I could have loved this look if it weren’t for those heavy black shoes and that rather messy hairdo…

15. barefoot duchess February 10, 2012 at 01:26 #

looks different on her…

16. Emi February 10, 2012 at 08:47 #

Beautiful, but she could do something better with the hair.