09.02.12 Premiere

Reese Witherspoon In Miu Miu – ‘This Means War’ LA Premiere

Reese Witherspoon hit the red carpet last night for the West Coast premiere of her latest movie, ‘This Means War’, at the Grauman’s Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, California.

After stepping out of her comfort zone for the London premiere, she returned to a familiar style and silhouette for this premiere: strapless and fitted.

Her Miu Miu midnight-blue pencil dress with an embellished bust, which she paired with Christian Louboutin ‘Pigalle’ pumps, is a very typical Reese look.

If I had cropped the head off this picture you would all have guessed it was Reese.

I can’t say I’m crazy about this look at all. I find the bust ill-fitting and the bead work, dare I say, haphazard.

Would you call this a signature Reese look, or is she stuck in a style rut?

Credit: Getty

Constance Jablonski In Alberta Ferretti - ‘Birdman’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Constance Jablonski In Alberta Ferretti – ‘Birdman’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Sarah Jessica Parker In Oscar de la Renta - amfAR New York Gala To Kick Off Fall 2012 Fashion Week

Sarah Jessica Parker In Oscar de la Renta – amfAR New York Gala To Kick Off Fall 2012 Fashion Week

12 Responses to Reese Witherspoon In Miu Miu – ‘This Means War’ LA Premiere

1. Alina February 9, 2012 at 12:26 #

I think she just doesn’t know how else to dress.

2. Martin February 9, 2012 at 12:31 #

Boring. Beyond. Belief. Seriously, the most interesting thing about this look is actually the oddness of the beading. Not good.

3. J February 9, 2012 at 12:33 #

nope, not liking this at all. she looks like she wore this out the previous evening, fell into bed hammered, rolled out of bed and hitched a ride to the red carpet. the dress doesn’t fit, she’s not doing it any justice. i don’t know that it’s the beading, FC, i think it’s not tailored properly. the bleached out hair looks dry and lifeless as well. thumbs down all around for me.

• Fashion Critic February 9, 2012 at 12:41 #

“i think it’s not tailored properly” – I totally agree

4. mm February 9, 2012 at 12:48 #

She is in a 360 rut. Red carpet, street style and movies all the same, nothing exciting. I usually adore her movies but the last few fell flat!

5. fashion~lover February 9, 2012 at 13:03 #

Reese used to have a cute dressing style. But lately I see her only in these strapless dresses which have almost the same style. Another problem with Reese is that she can’t pick the right dress for her body shape. The strapless dresses usually make her upper part look bigger than it’s normal size. In general, she needs to try something different and change her dressing style.

6. rita February 9, 2012 at 13:35 #

SHE IS THE MOST BORING CELEBRITY ON THE RED CARPET! Heck, she is even more boring than AJ and JA combined lol! At least, those 2 surprise you once a year, I feel like Reese has been dressing like this since her divorce form Ryan which is almost 10 years ago! I don’t understand how come someone as young as her always dresses like she’s in her 40′s!

7. Fiona February 9, 2012 at 14:11 #

Definitely a rut – she seems to keep coming back to these dresses and this one is not flattering. Her insistence on posing with her arms on the waist does not help either — it just widens her on the photograph unfortunately. I think she is struggling with transitioning her look from perky 20-something to something more sophisticated – she needs a little help in finding a new signature style.

8. Katie February 9, 2012 at 15:16 #

This dress is terribly cut, eugh!

9. BagLover21 February 9, 2012 at 16:05 #

I simply cannot get passed the hair. It ruins it from jumpstreet for me.

10. Parvati February 9, 2012 at 21:05 #

It’s not a bad look, but we’ve seen this so many times on Reese, that right now, I just don’t care for what she wears. I have to see her wear a big gown in order to pay attention to her again…

11. EmmaWoodhouse February 9, 2012 at 22:14 #

Wow, this is really bad. Project Runway reject–like, the person who’s out on the second episode!