Apart from a sighting on the set of ‘Gossip Girl’, it’s been a while since we saw Leighton Meester.

She thankfully made a return to the red carpet last night at the amfAR New York Gala to kick off Fall 2012 Fashion Week.

Hopefully this means we will see her in the front row at a few shows this week.

The actress, who was showcasing lighter brunette locks, wore a Louis Vuitton Pre-Fall 2012 dress.

I would call this classic, simple LBD, but the furry panels on the skirt would contradict that.

The styling was kept simple, however, as she carried an LV sequined bag and opted for ankle-strap pumps.

If I could change one thing about this look it would be the shoes.

As the girl with the ‘Best Shoe Closet In Hollywood’, we know she can do better.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Get The Look: Kelly Rowland’s MTV Video Music Awards Mani

Get The Look: Kelly Rowland’s MTV Video Music Awards Mani

Julianne Moore In Roberto Cavalli - amfAR New York Gala To Kick Off Fall 2012 Fashion Week

Julianne Moore In Roberto Cavalli – amfAR New York Gala To Kick Off Fall 2012 Fashion Week

26 Responses to Leighton Meester In Louis Vuitton – amfAR New York Gala To Kick Off Fall 2012 Fashion Week

1. Terry February 9, 2012 at 14:05 #

Tragic hairstyle.

2. Alina February 9, 2012 at 14:06 #

I’m more baffled by the hair than the shoes.

3. AW February 9, 2012 at 14:11 #

The dress is so much better on her than on the model. I will just ignore her head and feet.

• Manja February 9, 2012 at 14:19 #

hahaha my thoughts exactly

• Maria66 February 9, 2012 at 14:57 #

same here

4. fromchi-town February 9, 2012 at 14:44 #

The shoes I can live with – but the hair!! I cannot get over the hair.

• Leti February 9, 2012 at 15:53 #

I completely agree. The hair does not suit this dress, or the red carpet, at all! It’s far too moussy.

5. Ariel February 9, 2012 at 14:49 #

She should’ve kept the green belt! louboutin calypso pumps would’ve worked well with it too, just my opinion.

6. roxana February 9, 2012 at 15:19 #

the hair is awful!

7. Ahot February 9, 2012 at 16:01 #

Love/want this dress.
    She is a little thick on the ankle side, so these shoes are an absolute no no. They make her look fat -we all know it´s not the case- & shorten her legs even more. And the hair! It makes me cry. Shame

8. Quinn February 9, 2012 at 16:21 #

i love leighton but the hair have got to go!! its just awful!

9. lu February 9, 2012 at 16:34 #

the dress is very pretty, but I agree she should’ve been more playful with the shoes, and the hair is not good. I always like to see her on RC but I hope a better look

10. Carolina Roq February 9, 2012 at 16:53 #

wow… it made her hips look enormous… not so flattering at all

11. b February 9, 2012 at 17:20 #

I love everything head down. OMG she should just fire her hair stylist already. Her hair has been looking nad for quite a while now

Sad face :/

12. carine February 9, 2012 at 18:21 #

i just have one comment…THE HAIR….THE HAIR…WHAT HAPPENED WITH HER HAIR?!?!?!? just like most of the comments..i cannot go past the hair issue. it is just sad that her exqusite face should have to clash with that moussy, horrible hair. and the shoes are so basic…ahhh.. i do like her dress though..that’s the only think that reminds me of the stylish leighton meester.

13. Carrie February 9, 2012 at 18:49 #

I actually loved her hair. She usually just goes with it straight and it’s nice to see a change. I don’t think it’s horrendous like you guys are saying at all. I actually like it.
    I like the whole look too. Not my favorite ever, but it’s cute.

14. Hannah February 9, 2012 at 19:02 #

I really adore Leightonand I think more than pretty much anyoen else she wears Marc Jacobs’ designs well, so this really hurts.
    The hair is terrible, and I never remember it ever being terrible. The shoes, unless there was a freak thee shoes or no shoes sort of a moment, are inexcusasble. I dont really like the bag, and while the silhouette of the dress is ok, if matronly, I don’t think it’s great. Her makeup and earrings are beautiful, though.

15. justme February 9, 2012 at 19:28 #

I actually like the shoes. But that hair is the work of one evil hairstylist.

16. Aline February 9, 2012 at 20:21 #

I just really wish she would let those horrible bangs grow. Her hair’s been looking terrible in this season of GG and it’s all due to those bangs. It’s just very frustrating.

And I don’t like anything about this look, tbh.

17. Kennedy February 9, 2012 at 21:23 #

Not a big fan of the dress but if she HAD to wear it, I guess she should have opted for the runway belt. I like that pop of color. The hairstyle is horrible. I feel like she consistently forgets to actually do something nice with her hair everytime she is on the red carpet.

18. EmmaWoodhouse February 9, 2012 at 22:00 #

The fur panels are weird–I know it would just be a simple LBD without them, but still…also, her hair is horrendous and the shoes are clunky. FIRE YOUR HAIRSTYLIST!

19. Parvati February 9, 2012 at 22:45 #

I’m not a fan of this look. I think the dress along with the hairstyle make her look older than she is. Plus, I find the skirt way too puffy. Personally, I don’t mind the simple shoes, since it’s a quite bold look, with that fur on the skirt.

20. Jess2 February 10, 2012 at 10:27 #

Oh the hair!! It is way too girly and soft which I dont think works with the fashion forward dress. I love the rest of it though, the shoes don’t bother me and I love the bag

21. Lucía February 11, 2012 at 20:33 #

I like this look so much!