07.02.12 Premiere

Rachel McAdams In Vivienne Westwood – ‘The Vow’ LA Premiere

Rachel McAdams joined Channing Tatum on the red carpet for the LA premiere of their new movie, ‘The Vow’.

The actress showcased her new bangs which frankly aren’t doing anything for her. Let’s hope it’s a clip-on.

I do, however, love her Vivienne Westwood mint-green cocktail dress.

The signature dress by the British designer was teamed with Pomellato jewelry including gold-and-diamond-encrusted necklaces which were too heavy for the look.

A Christian Louboutin embroidered clutch and Christian Louboutin nude ‘Pigalle’ pumps completed her look.

I really dislike the styling. For such a simple dress, the hair, makeup and jewelry were just too much.

She should’ve let the dress speak for itself.

Credit: Getty

Get The Look: Kelly Rowland’s MTV Video Music Awards Mani

Get The Look: Kelly Rowland’s MTV Video Music Awards Mani

Nikki Reed's Whitney Eve Zuri Wrap Dress

Nikki Reed’s Whitney Eve Zuri Wrap Dress

38 Responses to Rachel McAdams In Vivienne Westwood – ‘The Vow’ LA Premiere

1. Martin February 7, 2012 at 11:56 #

Whoa. Perhaps Rachel should take a leaf from Thandie Newton’s book when it comes to keeping a look chic and simple and elegantly restrained. Laying my eyes upon this look, the dress is almost an afterthought – my eyes immediately went to that god-awful red lipstick, then the overly weighty necklaces, then back to the heavy eye makeup, finally ending up at that truly ridiculous hair. Not sure what Rachel was thinking, but the cumulative impact of the poor styling choices on display here make her appear twenty years older than she is. The mind boggles.

• Linda February 7, 2012 at 13:54 #

I did the same except my eyes went from lipstick to hair to eye make up to necklace. The dress really is all right, once you see it. She doesn’t look like her own lovely self at all. This is a look you would expect a “Real Houswife” or some such nonsense to sport.

• lu February 7, 2012 at 16:21 #

agree! I always like her style,and really like her, but this is just wrong. Bad hair, makeup and neckless in a pretty dress

• gabis February 7, 2012 at 19:44 #

Totally agree. Wish I could tell which part I find the worst if the obviously fake bang, the exaggerated makeup or the necklaces.
      On the plus side, I really love the dress-nail color-shoes combination, so it’s a shame how this awful styling is ruining a potentially amazing look.

• Kennedy February 7, 2012 at 22:24 #

And her roots are showing like no other! Just adds to the “wtf?” aspect of this look. She’s such a beautiful girl, I’m convinced she lost a bet and this was the result.

2. The Dame February 7, 2012 at 12:06 #

Beautiful dress but the hair and necklace is very Dynasty…

3. Megs22 February 7, 2012 at 12:35 #

I am shocked and horrified by this look. The bangs, necklace and makeup are terrible! She is such a natural beauty- WHY?!

• Linda February 7, 2012 at 13:55 #

Shocked and horrified – LOL

4. cele February 7, 2012 at 12:49 #

what happened to her face!

5. Alice February 7, 2012 at 13:13 #

Of course it’s a clip-on, can’t you see the shade is completely different? Very yellow….

• Snowlion February 8, 2012 at 15:47 #

Agreed.

6. Maz February 7, 2012 at 13:19 #

Oh Rachael no!!!! She’s been looking so stunning on this run. Beautiful girl, ruined by bad hair…the fringe…quelle horror!

A simple pony and no necklace and this could’ve been up for BDOTW…

7. TeaAtTwo February 7, 2012 at 13:24 #

Everything she’s done shoulders up has aged her here here. Plus heavy make up never really suits pastels shaded outfits.

8. Jess2 February 7, 2012 at 13:31 #

I love this look from the bust down, I think the shoes and clutch worked well with the dress but it seems like we have cut and pasted too different pictures together because the hair, makeup and necklace are just wayyy off. I really love the Vivienne Westwood dress, it is stunning

9. msd February 7, 2012 at 13:39 #

The makeup artist needs to be fired for turning such a beautiful woman into a carnival clown.

10. fromchi-town February 7, 2012 at 14:50 #

Neck down I love the look. But the hair, makeup, necklace is too much !!

11. Isa February 7, 2012 at 15:08 #

The Make-up is sooo bad!! Not at all complementary!

12. Tracy L February 7, 2012 at 15:29 #

I noticed her hair and makeup first, and it took a while before I could see how great the dress is. She looks so much better as a brunette.

13. EmmaWoodhouse February 7, 2012 at 15:39 #

Love Rachel, love the dress, but she really had a styling mis-step here. The bangs are atrocious.

14. Jessy February 7, 2012 at 15:55 #

WOW- I LOVE LOVE LOVE that Vivienne Westwood dress!
    SO PERFECT AND BEAUTIFUL

15. Emi February 7, 2012 at 16:17 #

Honestly, I like everything except the hair, which ruins a bit the entire look. Those dark roots are quite ugly to see. I don’t mind the necklace, it’s very beautiful.

16. HM February 7, 2012 at 16:44 #

BDOTW!!! I kind of disagree with everyone as I think she looks amazing head to toe! The dress is sweet, but Vivienne Westwood doesn’t do sweet so I’m very happy to see Rachel take the sexy road with a rough edge. If she had taken the classic/sophisticated route, this look would have been blahhhh.

• Fashion Critic February 7, 2012 at 16:52 #

I totally like you way of thinking and you point is bang on, but I still can’t love the makeup or excessive jewelry

17. bee7 February 7, 2012 at 16:47 #

i cant believe that this is the rachel i love! i can live with the bangs but not the dark roots and horrible make-up that made her look dead

18. Errun February 7, 2012 at 17:07 #

She looks like a jaded hollywood wife..somebody commented’very Dynasty’ so true!!

19. Hannah February 7, 2012 at 17:36 #

I liekthat she is doing somethign different with her makeup, but with the bangds and the volume and the jewels and the eye makeup it does nto work. I feel like the red lips were the perfect, modern compliment to the dress, but with a sleek pony, and chicer more minimal accessories.

20. Alina February 7, 2012 at 17:51 #

Hideous.

21. Katrin February 7, 2012 at 18:06 #

oh god! i didn’t recognize her. she looks like a rich pool-side milf.

22. Vicky February 7, 2012 at 18:24 #

Cruella de Vil was my first thought… Horrible hair and make up!

23. Jones19 February 7, 2012 at 19:33 #

I like the makeup and the dress but those bangs aren’t doing anything for her.

24. Camellia February 7, 2012 at 20:51 #

The dress is lovely; the makeup and hair are awful. The poor girl’s feet are swimming in her too large shoes. I often wonder how these stars manage to navigate the red carpet in their ill fitting shoes?

25. SandTony February 7, 2012 at 23:26 #

This is just plain awful in so many ways, such a shame because the dress is lovely

26. Aline February 8, 2012 at 04:30 #

Woah! Rachel, darling, what were you thinking!?!? This is so bad that it actually saddens me, ’cause it stains her otherwise perfect record.

27. kiwi February 8, 2012 at 04:55 #

A lovely dress utterly ruined

28. danielle February 8, 2012 at 07:29 #

oh goodness :( she’s so pretty and that makeup and hair is just awful. her sister Kayleen usually does her makeup but i know Troy Jensen does sometimes.

29. Rahel February 8, 2012 at 15:46 #

The poor girl needs some sun. She’s unbelievable white.

30. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang November 10, 2012 at 17:12 #

Rachel McAdams goes overboard in that bangsy upsdo and heavy makeup and the red lip, too heavy handed!! The pale blue Vivienne Westwood mini dress however is an knockout!! The colour is divine and hugs Rachel’s curves to perfection!! Lovely though!! She’s looking gorgeous!!