07.02.12

Alesha Dixon In Sass & Bide – Britain’s Got Talent London Auditions

The ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ auditions rolled into London yesterday.

Judge Alesha Dixon was front and centre on the red carpet at HMV Hammersmith Apollo in London, ignoring the fact that it had snowed across England the day before as she donned this micro-mini Sass & Bide ‘Pick ‘N’ Mix’ strapless dress.

The body-con white strapless dress with multi-coloured embroidered details, fitted waist and form-fitting peplum is a bold choice on a cold day, but she certainly brightened up proceedings.

Slate-grey Christian Louboutin pumps, yellow nails to complement her dress, and a fine hair of luscious curls completed her look.

Whilst I would never consider wearing this look despite my love of bold colours, Alesha is rocking the hell out of it.

icon
icon

You can buy Alesha’s Sass & Bide dress from Net-A-Porter.com and Shopbop.com.

Credit: Getty

Nicholas Oakwell Spring 2012 Couture

Nicholas Oakwell Spring 2012 Couture

Katherine Heigl In Michael Kors - 'One for the Money' Berlin Photocall

Katherine Heigl In Michael Kors – ‘One for the Money’ Berlin Photocall

16 Responses to Alesha Dixon In Sass & Bide – Britain’s Got Talent London Auditions

1. eimearoconnor February 7, 2012 at 11:06 #

She look amazing in it, gorgeous dress.

2. The Dame February 7, 2012 at 12:07 #

This absolutely suits her, good choice.

3. Ahot February 7, 2012 at 12:18 #

love it!& the big hair too, but the dress sit rather low no?

• becca February 7, 2012 at 14:47 #

Was thinking the same thing.. it’s too low + not flattering. Colors are gorgeous though

4. Katey February 7, 2012 at 12:46 #

Kelly Rowland wore a much more beautiful Sass& Bide dress but you didn’t post it on the site. I don’t know why, but I disagree about Alesha’s style in BGT era is better than Kelly’s was at X factor time.

5. Linda February 7, 2012 at 14:39 #

I don’t like anything about this look. It’s too overdone for my taste. The big hair, the heavy eye make up and the silver shoes combined with the cut of the dress don’t appeal to me at all.

What I do love is the pattern of the fabric.

I like to picture this on someone as a suit of slightly longer skirt and fitted jacket with sleek yellow strappy heels.

6. EmmaWoodhouse February 7, 2012 at 15:42 #

It’s really tacky–sitting too low, riding too high…I don’t like it.

7. lu February 7, 2012 at 16:56 #

I really like it as a fun flirty outfit, hair and shoes are great too, I only dislike the eye makeup and the fact tha the dress is too low (wich I don`t mind when it’s a long dress), but overall I think she pulls it off.

8. Alina February 7, 2012 at 17:47 #

IMO the dress sits too low.

9. TeaAtTwo February 7, 2012 at 22:08 #

I think straight hair, more natural make-up and longer skirt and different pumps would have made for a chicer yet sexy look.

10. Clover February 7, 2012 at 23:05 #

I think she loses points for wearing such a tiny dress on such a cold day!

Oh dear… have I turned into my mother? ;-)

• Fashion Critic February 7, 2012 at 23:32 #

lol…yes that is a mother thing to say ;)

11. Mariana February 8, 2012 at 02:54 #

I do not understand why people don’t dress according to the weather. I’m from Brazil and think that if someone showed up in a fur coat in the summer in Rio, that would be considered tacky, inappropriate, even crazy.
    So many great clothes from the fall collections to take advantage of…
    I find this very disturbing, specially with regular people in coats in the back.
    Plus, the dress is too low on her and the print and the color are enough. The hair was unnecessary. Very tacky.

12. Aline February 8, 2012 at 04:45 #

I’m a sucker for colors, so I love it, from head to toe. I love how she went for curls instead of straightening her hair, because it makes the whole look even more fun.

I do agree that it does sit low, but I can overlook it when everything else works so well.

13. Ashley_Camryn February 8, 2012 at 18:26 #

I was so excited to see these pics of this dress. It’s so young, fun and colorful, without seeming like a costume. I agree that the top is a little low on her, but the overall look is great!