Who Wore Reem Acra Better? Olivia Wilde or Julie Bowen

Back in 2008, Olivia Wilde wore a dove-grey Reem Acra beaded cap-sleeve gown to the Emmy Awards.

She looking like a sweet princess in this gorgeous gown as it’s romantic and ethereal.

With her hair back in a simple low bun, she completed the look with a cocktail ring and a silver box clutch.

Julie Bowen wore the same gown in nude to the 2012 Golden Globe Awards last month.

She also teamed her gown with a matching clutch, but unfortunately for her this gown leaves her looking washed out, so Olivia wins for me.

You can buy Olivia’s and Julie’s gown in white from Shopbop.com.
Credit: INF Photo & Getty

Get The Look: Kelly Rowland’s MTV Video Music Awards Mani

Get The Look: Kelly Rowland’s MTV Video Music Awards Mani

The Christian Louboutin 20th Anniversary Capsule Collection

The Christian Louboutin 20th Anniversary Capsule Collection

12 Responses to Who Wore Reem Acra Better? Olivia Wilde or Julie Bowen

1. Martin February 6, 2012 at 09:39 #

Olivia wins this by a country mile for me. Much prefer the dress in grey and it appears that Olivia’s is a satin version, which I think falls quite beautifully. The fact that Julie’s skin tone is so close to the colour of the dress is doing her no favours and, although she was clearly going for something soft and ethereal with the marcel waves, her hair appears overstyled and helmet-like. Olivia, all the way.

2. barefoot duchess February 6, 2012 at 09:45 #

I really liked them both, but when you have to choose… well I think that Olivia was a stunner!

3. Angela R. February 6, 2012 at 10:18 #

Olivia, of course but just for one detail: She chose the correct dress color for her skin tone, something that Julien did not consider.

4. Maria February 6, 2012 at 10:42 #

I thought julie was wearing look 20 from the Resort 2012 collection… Reem Acra take repetition in a whole new level by presenting the exact same gown in different color a few collections later.

• EmmaWoodhouse February 6, 2012 at 14:08 #

Yes, she was. :)
      I liked Olivia’s better because of the color. If Julie had just picked a more flattering shade, she would have rocked it too!

• Thomas J Monks February 6, 2012 at 15:12 #

Yea each dress was done for its respective collection I think the reason that Julie’s looks so much like Olivias on the RC is that it lost a lot of its ball gown volume that Olivia’s dress never had

5. Alina February 6, 2012 at 12:15 #

I pick Olivia, but Julie looked beautiful too.

6. Lucía February 6, 2012 at 16:50 #

The dress looks so much better on Olivia’s skin. Vanessa also wore this dress on gossip girl

7. Nat39 February 6, 2012 at 17:50 #

Minority report here. I prefer Julie`s as I actually find it more on the ethereal side than the “washed out” one with her retro `do finishing the look perfectly whereas Olivia ends up looking more like a tanned bride.

• Masquerade February 6, 2012 at 19:43 #

My thoughts exactly! I don’t think it actually looks washes out on Julie in this case, and Olivia looks a little bit trashy.

8. R. February 7, 2012 at 07:22 #

This is such a major screw up on the PR firm handling Reem Acra. Shame on them for embarrassing Julie. As much as I love the beautiful quality of their pieces, the fact that they produced the same gown in a different color for a different collection is strange. And their publicist let it pass by to send out on an AList actress for a major moment. Lame and tasteless in my opinion for them to do.
    My vote unfortunately goes to Olivia for this as I prefer the hair, but if this is just based on the fashion and not full look, I prefer Julie in the dress.
    Thank you.

9. Jones19 February 7, 2012 at 19:49 #

I prefer Julie. She looks so much more polished than Olivia.