Shailene Woodley In 3.1 Phillip Lim – 27th Annual Santa Barbara Film Festival

Revelling in her first awards season, Shailene Woodley stopped by the Santa Barbara Film Festival on Friday.

Taking a breather from the more formal award shows’ dress code, Shailene wore a simple navy 3.1 Phillip Lim leather shift dress from the Resort 2012 collection.

The tough dress was paired with dainty nude Pierre Hardy sandals.

Shailene is all about minimalism on the red carpet, but I would have loved to have seen one stand-out accessory added to this outfit.

How amazing would a statement necklace have looked?

Natural hair and makeup finish the look.

The two-tone version of this 3.1 Phillip Lim dress is available from farfetch.com.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Nicki Minaj & M.I.A In Fausto Puglisi - Super Bowl XLVI Half-Time Show

Nicki Minaj & M.I.A In Fausto Puglisi – Super Bowl XLVI Half-Time Show

Blake Lively For Elle US March 2012

Blake Lively For Elle US March 2012

11 Responses to Shailene Woodley In 3.1 Phillip Lim – 27th Annual Santa Barbara Film Festival

1. Nat39 February 6, 2012 at 19:04 #

I think she`s fine without a statement accessory, she`s got a statement hair already, I wouldn`t add anything. The dainty sandals, natural hair and makeup keep this look from being overly tough/sexy for Shailene. I think it works for her.

• Alina February 7, 2012 at 17:30 #

2. Linda February 6, 2012 at 19:11 #

Goodness, she has beautiful hair. And the shoes are glorious! I’m okay without an added necklace as it keeps the look really clean. I like the small bracelet. She’s got the hair and skin to pull simple clothing off very nicely.

3. Rebecca Z February 6, 2012 at 20:37 #

I think she looks fabulous as is. Young and fresh–no need to accessorize like someone older.

4. CTgirl February 6, 2012 at 20:47 #

She looks great without statement jewelry. She’s at the young age where statement accessories can be overkill.

5. artemis February 6, 2012 at 21:48 #

I agree with you FC..a statement necklace would have been amazing!..but that’s Olivia’s (Palermo) work..;-)

6. EmmaWoodhouse February 6, 2012 at 22:08 #

Not a big fan of the leather-dress look, but she looks good here. Very neat yet effortless styling. The anti-Taylor Momsen!
    Can’t wait to see what she wears at the Oscars!

7. kim February 6, 2012 at 23:49 #

just nice. nothing more, nothing less.

8. Kennedy February 7, 2012 at 05:37 #

I really like her and I think she has had a bit of a hit or miss style run this awards season. Now that her star is rising, I think she should experiment with different styles. She has a RIDICULOUS body… if you’ve seen The Descendants you will know what I’m talking about. She’s tall and has really long legs… but she’s like the anti-Blake in terms of showing off. Very modest and still a bit shy. I would love to see her in Louis Vuitton Pre-Fall 2012 and Giambattista Valli.

• irene February 7, 2012 at 08:06 #

oh how i wish to be 5’9″, but she has worn very, very short mini-skirts in the past its just that she’s been styled more maturely recently since the Descendants is going for the Oscar so they’ve been trying not to shock the conservative, older Academy voters etc etc

9. TeaAtTwo February 7, 2012 at 14:14 #

I like that she kept it simple and clean and paired it with really nice sandals. Gives a cool hip vibe.