Katy Perry In Versus – DIRECTV’s Sixth Annual Celebrity Beach Bowl After Party

Katy Perry prepared for Super Bowl XLII at DIRECTV’s Sixth Annual Celebrity Beach Bowl After Party in Indianapolis on Saturday night.

The newly blue-haired singer wore a multi-coloured Versus printed pleated cady dress from the Spring 2012 collection.

The dress was worn under a large, purple Mongolian fur shag vest.

If anyone could make this outrageous vest work, it’s Katy, right?

The girl with the blue hair?

No. Unfortunately even Katy can’t make it work, so let’s forget this purple monstrosity ever happened.

Kudos for the matching her purple and blue sandals Christian Louboutin ‘Echasse’ sandals though.

You can buy Katy’s Versus dress from LuisaViaRoma.com.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Scarlett Johansson In Calvin Klein - Goldene Kamera 2012

Scarlett Johansson In Calvin Klein – Goldene Kamera 2012

Nikki Reed In Whitney Eve - Rolling Stone's Bacardi Bash: 150 Years of Rocking The Party

Nikki Reed In Whitney Eve – Rolling Stone’s Bacardi Bash: 150 Years of Rocking The Party

15 Responses to Katy Perry In Versus – DIRECTV’s Sixth Annual Celebrity Beach Bowl After Party

1. Alina February 6, 2012 at 13:50 #

It’s a shame that she decided to wear the vest.

2. Rosie February 6, 2012 at 14:08 #

This was one of my favourite looks from Versus’ Spring 2012 collection and Katy has totally ruined it…what was the need for that purple monstrosity?! Her heels are nice but they make her legs look so short, she should have gone for peep toes.

3. EmmaWoodhouse February 6, 2012 at 14:13 #

The dress is kind of cute but the shrug is a HUGE no. It’s like she’s being attacked by the Purple People Eater or something :D

4. AW February 6, 2012 at 14:13 #

I like the dress and shoes a lot but i’m sick of the colored hair. Grow up.

5. Hannah February 6, 2012 at 14:33 #

Iseverely severely dislike this look. In fact, almost all KP looks do nothing for me, except maybe one or two, one of which was the Zuhair Murad.The hair is terrible, I get that she is trying ot be quirky or whatever with it, but I miss her black hair so much. The tacky shoes and gilet are dreadful, and the fit is off. I imagined this on Blake Lively or Leighton Meester, or someone else who si young and chic and doesn’t by choice dye their hair blue.

• Rosie February 6, 2012 at 14:41 #

I too imagined this dress on Blake or Leighton…someone with true style who could play up the sportiness not someone who pairs it with a purple ‘thing’.

• Linda February 6, 2012 at 14:43 #

You make some good points. I have a soft spot for Katy, but this dress is wasted on her. Blake or Leighton would do it so much better. I miss her black hair too, her colouring is so beautiful with it, so pretty. This blue hair is terribly unflattering and ugly.

• Shaina February 8, 2012 at 00:02 #

Agreed. When will she stop dying her hair bright colors? It may fit her personality but it definitely doesn’t fit her face.

6. Susan February 6, 2012 at 14:36 #

Really like the dress.

7. justme February 6, 2012 at 15:42 #

She gives me Sulley from Monsters, Inc. vibes.
    And she seriously needs to sort out her roots. They were already jarring when she had the pink hair. If you can’t do colourful hair right, don’t do it at all.

8. JG February 6, 2012 at 17:06 #

Looks way better on Daphne.

9. Shauni212 February 6, 2012 at 17:34 #

I loved this look on the runway. It falls flat on Katy though

10. Rebecca Z February 6, 2012 at 18:42 #

I do like the dress and would like to see it alone, but I have to say I think she looks cute. Agree the roots are a problem and I am over the candy colored hair, but I kinda like the shaggy vest.

11. lu February 6, 2012 at 20:35 #

Why ruin such a cute dres??!! ughhhh

12. Chloe February 6, 2012 at 21:40 #

this was my favorite look from this collection. Katy doesn’t do it justice. Hailee Stainfield would’ve rocked the hell out of this look