Michelle Williams In Erdem & Balenciaga – Late Show With David Letterman

Many of you have been struggling to get excited about Michelle Williams’ style, citing lack of sexy appeal as your reason.

Amber Heard pretty much has that section of the red carpet covered, so I was personally happy to see Michelle give us a romantic spring florals as she arrived at the Ed Sullivan Theatre this week in New York City for a guest appearance on the ‘Late Show With David Letterman’.

This is the third time the ‘My Week With Marilyn’ actress has worn an Erdem dress. On this occasion she donned look from the Spring 2012 collection.

Her yellow, green and blue printed shift dress was teamed with Giuseppe Zanotti grey suede peep-toes.

I love the red lipstick.

After the show, the Oscar nominee wore a Balenciaga Pre-Fall 2011 black double-breasted coat with a contrasting shearling collar coat.

Credit: Style.com & INF Photo

Get Up To 70% Off Chloé At theOutnet

Get Up To 70% Off Chloé At theOutnet

Rachel McAdams In Peter Som -  'Journey 2: The Mysterious Island' LA Premiere

Rachel McAdams In Peter Som – ‘Journey 2: The Mysterious Island’ LA Premiere

18 Responses to Michelle Williams In Erdem & Balenciaga – Late Show With David Letterman

1. Emily February 3, 2012 at 11:43 #

I don’t mind that she isn’t bringing the sex appeal. I think it’s great that she’s found a style to call her own.
    Also, when was the last time she wore prints!! Wish answered.

2. Rebecca Z February 3, 2012 at 21:01 #

I really like the dress on her, and for once she looks really comfortable and relaxed. Bravo!

3. Andreea February 3, 2012 at 21:41 #

I think she looks adorable and the dress has a really nice combination of colours.Love everything about this look.

4. Nat39 February 3, 2012 at 23:25 #

Nobody expects/wants her to be a sexy bombshell but a bit of sex appeal (at least a tiny tiny bit, no?) wouldn`t hurt b/c unfortunately most of the time she ends up looking either childish or matronly no matter what she wears. No exception here – she looks mumsy in the floral dress and childish with the coat on. And it`s not just her lack of sex appeal, it`s her hairstyle, I think she should consider changing it as it`s obviously not doing her any favours.

• Raquel February 4, 2012 at 05:06 #

Agreed on all accounts. And it doesn’t help that she doesn’t look like having some joy in what she is wearing.

• Alina February 4, 2012 at 06:29 #

I agree.

5. Reem February 3, 2012 at 23:29 #

I agree with Emily, I appreciate her own sense of style especially with TOO many youngsters trying to go the sexy route. The only issue I have with her style is that her clothing rarely fits. There’s always something off… whether it be the length (too long), the bust (droopy), neckline, etc. With that said, I think this Erdem dress fits her beautifully. I’m a huge fan of Erdem’s Spring 2012 and Pre-Fall 2012 collection, so I hope to see Michelle wearing more and more of it. The only issue I have with this ensemble is the jacket which looks very matronly. The contrasting collar does not help. She’s so hit and miss. It’s frustrating because she has an amazing body and is a really pretty girl! New stylist alert!!

6. robbie February 3, 2012 at 23:38 #

dont like the shoes, really grey shoes with a floral dress suppose it could be worse (black shoes). quite like the dress but absolutely am head over heels for the coat.

7. lu February 4, 2012 at 01:39 #

I love the floral dress and I like her style even if it lacks sex appeal. But I wish she wears her hair in a different way and that coat is not very flattering.

8. Carolina February 4, 2012 at 02:09 #

This is nice, but hardly exciting – it is a straight shift with utterly boring shoes. A little retro would work here.

9. Linda February 4, 2012 at 03:42 #

I really like Michelle’s attitude about her body, sexuality and clothing, especially considering her line of work. Clearly she thinks for herself and has a lot of self confidence, which I love. Her mustard yellow Oscars dress was one of my all time favourite dresses, but since then I haven’t found her all that interesting. While I have a lot of respect for her, lately I find her clothing a little too matronly for my taste.

10. Jones19 February 4, 2012 at 04:08 #

The demure looks are getting tired but she always looks pretty though.

11. pipsqueak February 4, 2012 at 04:50 #

Michelle in Erdem = BDOTW for me!

12. Cheryl February 4, 2012 at 07:15 #

She’s said once in an interview that she keeps her hair short for all the men that didn’t like it short and the one man that did – Heath Ledger. Of course, this being a fashion blog, we’d like for everyone to look good, sexy, and fabulous. There is no difference between J.Lo and Michelle Williams because they both know where they are in life and what suits their own personal style. Michelle is right to keep her hair that way because it means something to her. Until she herself is ready for a change.

• Jess2 February 4, 2012 at 14:25 #

Love your comment Cheryl, I completely agree!!

• lu February 5, 2012 at 01:26 #

That´s so sweet!

13. Jess2 February 4, 2012 at 14:34 #

Love the dress, she looks gorgeous!! I really like her style and am not looking for sex appeal from her! Michelle is a really amazing and devoted mother and I think she really takes Matilda into consideration when she dresses and melds that into her own style.

14. EmmaWoodhouse February 4, 2012 at 19:42 #

Frankly we get to see MORE than enough sex appeal on the red carpet, imo! I love Michelle’s ladylike, chic style…this is a beautiful, refreshing look. The red lip is a bit harsh for the pastel floral but overall it’s wonderful. The coat is super-cute as well.