Zoe Saldana In Givenchy Couture – 2012 SAG Awards

Zoe Saldana never disappoints on the red carpet, and that was almost the case on the red carpet at the 2012 SAG Awards.

The actress gives us our first red carpet look of the Givenchy Couture Spring 2012 collection.

Her long white silk organza drop-waist gown with embroidered crystals and silver paillettes shimmered beautifully on the red carpet.

I love that cluster of embellishments round the waist and the neck detail which gives her look a slightly edgy feel.

As much as I love the look, I didn’t quite get her shoe choice.

Beige and lace peeps with a white Couture gown? Sorry, I’m baffled.

Minimal jewels, a loose updo and shimmering lips completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Lea Michele In Atelier Versace - 2012 SAG Awards

Lea Michele In Atelier Versace – 2012 SAG Awards

Tilda Swinton In Lanvin - 2012 SAG Awards

Tilda Swinton In Lanvin – 2012 SAG Awards

18 Responses to Zoe Saldana In Givenchy Couture – 2012 SAG Awards

1. Hannah January 30, 2012 at 02:30 #

I am going to lie to myself and say that Saldana’s perfect shoes broke in the car on the way there and her stylist/pa/whoever else had only these shoes to offer her, and so it was these or no shoe.
    Yes, that must be it.

2. Martin January 30, 2012 at 02:30 #

A brave choice, but not an entirely successful one. The bottom half is the biggest problem for me – the shoes aren’t the only thing that doesn’t make sense. Why, why, why would you anyone put an anklet on (a) with a shoe which has an ankle strap, and (b) whilst wearing a couture gown? Cheapens the whole look incredibly for me.

3. Jones19 January 30, 2012 at 02:40 #

The shoes are terrible but thankfully in the full length shot you can’t see them. I don’t like the upper half of the gown, it’s too t-shirt like but the skirt is beautiful.

4. Shaina January 30, 2012 at 02:42 #

I’ll just pretend the anklet and shoes don’t exist and say that I absolutely love Zoe in this. She looks amazing! One of the best dressed for sure.

5. Redseouls January 30, 2012 at 03:25 #

Despite the poor shoe choice, I must say Zoe looks stunningly beautiful!

6. Linda January 30, 2012 at 04:22 #

This fell flat for me. The shoes are a mystery.

7. T from Sydney January 30, 2012 at 04:52 #

i dont like the dress or the shoes at all

• J January 30, 2012 at 13:20 #

I agree. It looks like a combo of gym attire and formalwear. Not a good combo.

8. mikeijames January 30, 2012 at 05:25 #

why why why why did she put ketchup on filet?! she looks absolutely perfect in that dress only to have it twisted into an oddity by those off-key shoes!!!! normally, i would be screaming at the fact that she got her hands on that givenchy couture collection first, but i am just shaking my head at this.

9. Terry January 30, 2012 at 08:49 #

FYI: she wore Giuseppe Zanotti lace shoes, which – I agree – where totally out of context.

10. Emi January 30, 2012 at 09:17 #

I really don’t understand those shoes… But the rest of the outfit is amazing. What a pity, it could have been a perfect look.

11. Alina January 30, 2012 at 13:43 #

If I hadn’t seen the shoes …

12. Fee January 30, 2012 at 13:49 #

The shoes are a bizarre choice but at least they can be hidden. I’m more bothered by the fact that it looks like she’s wearing a vest underneath

13. dee January 30, 2012 at 14:38 #

The shoes ruin a great look.

14. fromchi-town January 30, 2012 at 14:46 #

I dont really like the look. I am bothered by the tank top kind of thing at the top. It didnt really look great on TV either.

15. ash January 30, 2012 at 18:03 #

didn’t she find any white shoes, or just any bright-colored shoes to at least make the look have a pop factor?

16. TeaAtTwo January 30, 2012 at 19:12 #

I’m going to try and forget the footwear and admire her the dress. I adore the relaxed glamour of the look, as if it took only 5 minutes to put on. The shoe choice looks as if she had 5 seconds to put something on her feet before the car arrived.

17. Dhppy January 30, 2012 at 21:14 #

Though Zoe looks far better than the runway version, the gown itself is a little disjointed for me. I like parts of it. I feel like the top and bottom belong on separate dresses. Love the pose though.