30.01.12

Regina King In Alberta Ferretti – 2012 SAG Awards

Regina King was a presenter at the 2012 SAG Awards which took place in LA this afternoon.

The actress wore a tiered lavender Alberta Ferretti gown with a sweetheart neckline.

Regina offsets the dress’ large asymmetrical ruffles with a pair of simple gold earrings and a gold clutch.

Are you a fan of this very girly look, or are the ruffles a bit much?

Credit: Getty

Tilda Swinton In Lanvin - 2012 SAG Awards

Tilda Swinton In Lanvin – 2012 SAG Awards

Shailene Woodley In L'Wren Scott - 2012 SAG Awards

Shailene Woodley In L’Wren Scott – 2012 SAG Awards

23 Responses to Regina King In Alberta Ferretti – 2012 SAG Awards

1. Hannah January 30, 2012 at 02:40 #

I am not a fan, it’s a bit too frothy, I hate the matching eye makeup and the clutch doesn’t go at all, with either the dress or the bangle or the earrings.
    I think that this needed entirely black accessories to make it less princess – smokey eyes, a black clutch, black earrings, a black cocktail ring and a black bracelet.It’s almost as sickly sweet as that Angie Harmon confection last year.

• Ve November 21, 2013 at 16:49 #

I know this was a year ago, but I totally get what Hannah is saying. I am considering this as a wedding dress in ivory with a black/grey smokey eye, red lips, chunky black necklace and earrings and black strapped leather stilettos.

• Ve November 21, 2013 at 16:52 #

Oh and my hair will either be a short cropped faux mohawk or a crop that is away from the face like Halle Berry made popular.Gotta give the dress some edge!

2. Mish January 30, 2012 at 02:41 #

The color is beautiful on her

3. Jones19 January 30, 2012 at 02:41 #

I’m over lavender tiers on the red carpet but she manages to make me not hate this.

4. Carla January 30, 2012 at 02:45 #

Love her! The color and style are wonderful on her; she’s really muscular, so it’s a nice, softening balance. And she’s on the best show on television, Southland.

5. Shaina January 30, 2012 at 02:48 #

Beautiful color on her and I think the ruffles work great here. But I hate the hair, it really ages her. I also think the clutch is out of place…a lighter color would have looked much softer. I do, however, like the matching makeup. Somehow, she manages to pull it off.

6. AW January 30, 2012 at 04:04 #

She’s beautiful, love the color but the hair is no. Too Blanche Devereux

7. gurlygurl January 30, 2012 at 04:12 #

WOW!!!!!!!!!! She looks incredible. I’m not a fan of lavender myself but it pops against her beautiful skin. I even love the lavender eyeshadow on her. Her eyes look incredible. I agree with Carla… on someone else this dress would be too girly but it looks incredible on her body and makes for a softer, feminine look without overpowering her. Can I say incredible again?? :)

8. Linda January 30, 2012 at 04:13 #

I don’t like this colour or all the ruffles or the matching eye shadow. It feels dated and uninspired.

• Alina January 30, 2012 at 13:40 #

ITA.

9. Jarrold January 30, 2012 at 05:49 #

If you guys are hating on this look you obviously didnt watch the show. She looks amazing in real life and this picture isnt doing it justice, she was one of my top 3 along with Kyra & Naya

10. Tina January 30, 2012 at 05:54 #

I actually quite like the dress. The silhouette is flattering and she looks great in the color.

11. mattison January 30, 2012 at 07:07 #

I love this look and actually think this might be her best ever.

12. Rory January 30, 2012 at 12:02 #

INCROYABLE!!

13. nimmi January 30, 2012 at 13:37 #

Its a good thing she did not accessorize much as it would have killed the look. Also the color works beautifully for her.

14. dee January 30, 2012 at 14:28 #

I think she looks lovely.

15. firien January 30, 2012 at 16:58 #

On the runway, I always love Alberta Ferretti. It’s somewhat confusing to me seeing many celebrities looking okay at most in her desingnes. Is there something wrong with my taste or their style or the desingns as they can’t look as beautiful as they were meant to be?

16. ash January 30, 2012 at 18:00 #

i thought it looked oay, it wasnt over the top girly because of her hair cut andthe lack of necklace.

17. ahot January 30, 2012 at 18:30 #

Love it minus the haircut. It really works on her. & those eyes!

18. Dhppy January 30, 2012 at 21:04 #

That color on her skin is magnificent. She never comes across as girly, so I agree that this feminine look softens her, rather than overpowers.

19. E January 30, 2012 at 23:31 #

I think she looks gorgeous. I am not normally a fan of super girly looks but I think she pulls it off and I am so glad she didn’t add a necklace.

20. carmen sandiego February 2, 2012 at 02:58 #

The problem is the color. It might as well be some boring taupe. For some reason it didn’t work in her. It’s just stale and because it just sits there, it makes it more obvious how many dresses similar to that exist.