Reese Witherspoon In Louis Vuitton – ‘This Means War’ London Premiere

Reese Witherspoon was in London this evening for the UK premiere of her latest movie, ‘This Means War’.

The blonde actress followed in Cate Blanchett’s footsteps by wearing a look from the Louis Vuitton Pre-Fall 2012 collection.

I wasn’t crazy about this style of dress on Cate, but I do like it on Reese.

The emerald green sequined knit dress with the black silk tiered mini skirt which is accented with a leather waistband proves to be a much more wearable look.

Who knew Reese could outdo Cate.

Black suede pumps with a white chalk residue brings down the look however.

Who’s look do you prefer? Cate’s or Reese’s?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Kate Bosworth's Mulberry Furry Sheepskin Tillie Duffle Coat

Kate Bosworth’s Mulberry Furry Sheepskin Tillie Duffle Coat

Chris Pine In Ralph Lauren - ‘This Means War’ London Premiere

Chris Pine In Ralph Lauren – ‘This Means War’ London Premiere

27 Responses to Reese Witherspoon In Louis Vuitton – ‘This Means War’ London Premiere

1. Nat39 January 30, 2012 at 22:04 #

Do not really like either – both look baggy, even Reese´s belted version, it´s still hanging heavily on her like a sack (was a lot worse on Cate of course), making her look boxy.
    But if I had to choose it´d be Reese without a doubt, she is making it work for her with her playful youthful attitude and modern hairstyle. More mature womanly Cate failed on both. It was a really bad choice for her.

2. Emalie January 30, 2012 at 22:19 #

Can’t believe that I’m about to write this but Reese outdoes Cate easily in this dress. Reese’s overall look would have benefitted from strappy sandals or peep toes and another pose, she looks like she needs to use the ladies’ room.

3. MG January 30, 2012 at 22:26 #

still like it better on Cate, even i didnt like the shoes. the waistband makes the dress look a bit cheap

4. Leska January 30, 2012 at 22:27 #

She look amazing. Love her.

5. Foteini P. January 30, 2012 at 22:29 #

I actually liked Cate much better!

• Hannah January 30, 2012 at 22:54 #

ME too, she made it look chicer. Reese should never have worn this dress, especially given that she didn’t have an LV obligation. If you have to change a look so much, is it worth wearing?

6. juan January 30, 2012 at 22:33 #

What about none of them?…. I don’t “understand” this dress…

7. Dhppy January 30, 2012 at 22:33 #

I don’t get the dress. The model seems to suggest Bloomsbury Group with Disco apron.

• CTgirl January 31, 2012 at 01:20 #

Totally agree!

8. TeaAtTwo January 30, 2012 at 22:41 #

I’m still not crazy about it but belting and shortening the dress greatly improves the dress. The green band at the bottom looks awkward though.

9. GGG January 30, 2012 at 23:32 #

Cate!

10. Carolina January 30, 2012 at 23:40 #

The green is good on Reese, but below the waist, this look is just plain awful. There is no way the dress enhances either woman’s appearance.

11. SG January 31, 2012 at 01:23 #

Cate looks infinitely better, the dress looks awful on Reese. The belt makes it look very cheap…

• ria February 2, 2012 at 15:52 #

Ditto!! the waist band makes this dress look even cheaper than without it!!

12. Thu January 31, 2012 at 02:32 #

I prefer it on Kate, the silhouette is somehow more chic and unusual

13. CreoleLady January 31, 2012 at 04:01 #

Both dresses are hideous. What the heck is up with that sequined bib detail? Add ruffles and shapelessness, and the only adjectives I can come up with are yuck, ugh, and ewww. Not the fault of Cate or Reese. Quite frankly it shouldn’t be so hard to look good.

14. Anna January 31, 2012 at 07:48 #

I really dislike this dress on Reese – she looks boxy, the belt doesn’t really cinch the waist, the dress simply looks cheap.

I would definitely choose Cate over Reese, at least on Cate the dress looked interesting.

15. Emi January 31, 2012 at 08:59 #

I prefer Reese, even if the dress is quite unflattering in the waist. I prefer the colors of her dress and she looks better. Cate Blanchett looked quite bad, the fit and the shoes were really wrong. Reese looks very cute and black pumps here are a good choice because the dress speaks itself (but I must say that it’s not a beautiful dress).

16. Alina January 31, 2012 at 09:29 #

This one is bad too.

17. Jones19 February 2, 2012 at 00:20 #

I prefer this version of the dress but this piece shouldn’t be belted, it just makes it look frumpy.

18. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) February 2, 2012 at 02:20 #

Dislike both immensely.

19. katherinemas February 2, 2012 at 10:13 #

Cate looks amazing – love the idea of glamour and sequins – fab – really into glamour – especially coming into summer

20. ami February 2, 2012 at 11:28 #

Don’t like it on either of them

21. Susan February 2, 2012 at 14:12 #

Boy, this is a dress where the designer tried everything.

I like it on Reese. Maybe because of the color and length.

22. Parvati February 2, 2012 at 19:59 #

I, too, thought that Reese actually wore a dress better than Cate Blanchett, but I wouldn’t say she outdid her, because Cate wore tha runway version (minus the collar), which is much more risky and difficult to pull off, while Reese opted for a modified, much safer version of the dress, so I wouldn’t really compare them here. It’s like they are wearing different dresses, for me. Anyway, I think Reese looks good here, but it’s nothing to get excited about.

23. ML February 2, 2012 at 20:50 #

I’m not crazy about the dress… But I must recognize it’s much better on Cate. Cate always looks regal, it’s her allure. Reese should change the way she poses on the red carpet

24. EmmaWoodhouse February 4, 2012 at 20:23 #

Ever faithful to Cate, but I like that Reese added the belt (and I prefer her color combination). Sadly, it’s just not a great dress to start with.