30.01.12

Kristen Wiig In Balenciaga – 2012 SAG Awards

Kristen Wiig left everyone wondering the same thing at the 2012 SAG Awards: “A choker?!”

The ‘Bridesmaids’ actress paired her sensational Balenciaga halter gown with a chunky black rhinestone choker which her look didn’t need.

Without the distracting necklace, Kristen’s silk grey gown is one of the best looks we’ve seen on the ‘SNL’ star.

Unfortunately, we simply cannot get past her strange neckwear choice, but thankfully her Balenciaga clutch goes some way to allowing us to forgive her.

A severely side-parted bun and smoky eyes completed the look.

Credit: Getty

Kaley Cuoco In Romona Keveza - 2012 SAG Awards

Kaley Cuoco In Romona Keveza – 2012 SAG Awards

Lea Michele In Atelier Versace - 2012 SAG Awards

Lea Michele In Atelier Versace – 2012 SAG Awards

23 Responses to Kristen Wiig In Balenciaga – 2012 SAG Awards

1. Andrew January 30, 2012 at 01:49 #

I actually didn’t mind the choker. I thought Kristen looked really good; I loved her hair, and this look is a huge improvement from her look at the golden globes in my opinion

2. Jones19 January 30, 2012 at 01:50 #

That choker is an eyesore. It’s especially unforgiving considering the neckline of the gown.

3. Martin January 30, 2012 at 01:51 #

The gown itself is clean and precise and polished but, as no doubt everyone will point out, the choker is a truly puzzling and unncessary choice. Not the biggest fan of the heavy eye and darker hair colour on Kristen either, which I think makes her look older than she actually is.

4. Nat39 January 30, 2012 at 01:52 #

The heavy styling brings down this light romantic gown entirely, very wrong. From the awful dark makeup and hair to the choker, even the clutch although it´s very nice, doesn´t really work with the colour of the dress (the way the colours look on my screen). Plus looks like she needs a delicate belt. Dislike very much.

• Nat39 January 30, 2012 at 01:57 #

Btw, who did her makeup? Kate Middleton??

5. elaine2 January 30, 2012 at 01:54 #

not a fan of the look at all. The gown didn’t do it for me, probably due to the color more than anything. And that necklace —- she acted as if she was being choked! (maybe she was?)

6. mm January 30, 2012 at 01:57 #

Even Giuliana Rancic couldnt find much good to say about this look on the redcarpet. Her hair and the necklace are too severe for this soft dress.

7. EmmaWoodhouse January 30, 2012 at 02:16 #

Usually I like this type of gown, but the blouson didn’t work well for me here. It looked…bunchy. As for her styling, it’s SO wrong! A CHOKER with a high halter neckline like that? What was she thinking?

8. glenn January 30, 2012 at 03:06 #

love the dress, her neckwear choice its awful !

9. Ade January 30, 2012 at 03:52 #

Here is my problem, why would you need any neck piece at all considering the dress in an halter gown, like what’s the thought process behind that. I don’t get it. Her makeup is extremely harsh which ruins what could have been a nice red carpet moment.

10. Linda January 30, 2012 at 04:29 #

I like her darker hair and this would have been a pretty good look minus the choker, which unfortunately ruins it.

11. MEME January 30, 2012 at 06:13 #

Is her neck in prison???….

12. mattison January 30, 2012 at 07:28 #

I really feel like she would have a very Charlize Theron vibe in the first picture if she was still blond. If she really *needed* to wear a choker, I think it would have looked a lot better if it had clear stones instead of black.

13. goldfish January 30, 2012 at 08:48 #

she looks pretty good, and i do like the concept of the choker- it just doesn’t work with a halter gown

14. Jess2 January 30, 2012 at 10:49 #

Definitely one of Kristen’s best looks, the dress is gorgeous on her and omg I must have the Balenciaga clutch but the choker is uneccessary. If she wanted to wear a statement piece then she should have gone with earrings. A choker with the neckline doesn’t work well. I like her hair, makeup and nail colour

15. Lara January 30, 2012 at 12:30 #

On top of the awful decision to wear a choker, it was also annoyingly off-center all night. I will go to my grave saying that her darker hair ages her dramatically. She is gorgeous as a blond, and if she wanted to go dark she didn’t have to make it that dramatic. the dress was so stunning on her. I was really disappointed by the styling.

16. J January 30, 2012 at 13:22 #

With a high neck, she should have nixed the neckwear.

17. Alina January 30, 2012 at 13:48 #

Such a beautiful dress!

18. Dhppy January 30, 2012 at 22:17 #

Her gown at the Golden Globes put out a 70s vibe (I suspected she was part of a VIP drum circle), and this is it’s 30s inspired relative. If column drapiness is her thing, fine, she’s got the figure for it, but I’d like to see her ditch the nudes for some color at the Oscars.

19. jeremyrain January 30, 2012 at 23:00 #

They said she wore head-to-toe Balenciaga (which is a big thing in term of them rarely lend clothes). So I guess the choker is in the contract.

20. VBLover January 31, 2012 at 04:23 #

I had to do a double take when I saw her picture– she looks so much like Kate Walsh with the dark hair! I am on the fence about the choker. She could have made it work a little more with the dress, but I wouldn’t have worn it.

21. Georgia April 1, 2012 at 04:49 #

I love this dress! Does anyone know where I can but this dress?

22. Georgia April 1, 2012 at 04:49 #