Angelina Jolie In Jenny Packham – 2012 SAG Awards

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt attended the 2012 SAG Awards in LA this evening.

Brad was decked out in a Balenciaga suit whilst Angelina Jolie wore Jenny Packham.

She did look beautiful in this black liquid metallic draped front gown from the Fall 2011 collection, but I couldn’t be more bored.

I wish she would save this type of look for a premiere where we expect and accept it.

Award season is the only time we get to see her break out of her formulaic snoozeville all-black mode, so I wish she would’ve indulged us on this occasion.

The only thing I loved about this look were her gold-and-black statement earrings.

Credit: NYmag.com & Getty

Viola Davis In Marchesa - 2012 SAG Awards

Viola Davis In Marchesa – 2012 SAG Awards

Emily Blunt In Oscar De La Renta - 2012 SAG Awards

Emily Blunt In Oscar De La Renta – 2012 SAG Awards

54 Responses to Angelina Jolie In Jenny Packham – 2012 SAG Awards

1. Vidhya January 30, 2012 at 04:56 #

neck up, she looks divine! Neck down.. blah to the core. I also see that she looks too skinny! Before Demi Moore, I used to think this is normal.. now I actually believe something is wrong with her!

• Blake January 30, 2012 at 20:00 #

Well given that she’s had 3 babies in 3 years, seems to have the stamina of 10 men, travels intercontinentally quite often, and is rarely even seen under the weather, does her own stunts, and directs, and acts, and chases after 6 kids…it seems to me, you’ll just have to resign yourself to the fact that some people are cows,and some people are naturally slender, with long arms and legs….I’m sorry that there’s no malady that Jolie is afflicted with that would make a bitter nasty person happy…but it seems she’s doing quite well, has her health, love in her life, and is quite happy.

• Vidhya February 2, 2012 at 06:05 #

whats with you?

• Vidhya February 2, 2012 at 06:15 #

Not so Dear Blake.. you have left 8 comments targeted at others who have commented on this one page. This website is to critic fashion and sometimes it does involve the appearance of a certain star. This happens to be my favourite website and I have never till now seen someone name-calling and degrading others , no matter how heated the argument is(as it sometimes tends to be). Grow up! Do try to control yourself and try not to spread mean-ness around. You probably are gonna call me some more names for this but whatever!

2. morgan January 30, 2012 at 05:01 #

Honestly… this is the spitting image of a vampire.

• elaine2 January 30, 2012 at 13:29 #

LOL……..my thoughts exactly.

• Blake January 30, 2012 at 20:04 #

Not really. Though vampires are supposed to be uncommonly beautiful to attract their prey (see Rob Pattinson) though describing Jolie as a predator, kind of absolves brad Pitt of all responsibility, and sounds a lot like what one of Aniston’s bitter hens would say.

3. gurlygurl January 30, 2012 at 05:01 #

Pretty and boring… combined… pretty boring. This is something Ange has done to death. Granted it works for her. One thing about this lady, she knows what works for her body. The shine and draping gives the effect of curves when in fact she is extremely thin so I have to give her kudos for knowing her body and how to dress it.

4. Nat39 January 30, 2012 at 05:03 #

Disappointing, indeed. I want those earrings.

5. Linda January 30, 2012 at 05:05 #

It looks more like a liquid midnight blue to me, which saves it for me. She’s really improved with her choices lately.

6. Martin January 30, 2012 at 05:06 #

Given the lofty heights that she scaled at the Globes in her Atelier Versace gown, I was almost expecting that she would crash to earth with a thud at the SAGs. Whilst this isn’t a terrible look by any stretch of the imagination, it does fall flat for me on two counts – the colour and the silhouette. Seen it all before. Here’s hoping she brings at least some element of surprise with her Oscar gown in four weeks time.

7. Bea January 30, 2012 at 05:15 #

She’s done this look too many times. It would be hard to follow up the dress she wore to the Golden Globes, but this looks like she didn’t really try. She looks beautiful, of course, the dress just doesn’t stand out. Boring.

• Blake January 30, 2012 at 19:40 #

I don’t think she was trying to ‘stand out,’ Angelina is very diplomatic…she was nominated at the globes, so she brought it, however she was not nominated at SAG,supports supporting her man. I don’t think she’s interested in being the center of attention and taking away from other nominees. Not that people will stop covering her, but she can minimize it. So she wore a black tasteful gown with a beautiful back. Lay off her.

8. T from Sydney January 30, 2012 at 05:15 #

Brad need to get a hair cut asap

Angelina need to eat asap. she was so hot when she has mean on her. i just dont find her pretty anymore. she become way too skinny. she looks older than she is.

i know everyone goes on about these two but i just find them boring and i dont get the hype

• T from Sydney January 30, 2012 at 05:16 #

*meat on her

• Blake January 30, 2012 at 19:51 #

No, coming from you, I believe ‘mean,’ is entirely appropriate.

• J January 30, 2012 at 13:16 #

Yes, she def looked better with some curves. This dress looks like a garbage bag. She looked so amazing at the GGs.

• Snowlion February 8, 2012 at 19:19 #

Agreed, a re-purposed garbage bag. She bores me to tears.

9. molly January 30, 2012 at 05:21 #

Boring, but of course the media will act like this was the best look of the night. As someone said above, the women looks like a vampire. I thought she got over that a few years ago…Im also really sick of her wind blown hair.

• mattison January 30, 2012 at 06:51 #

+1. I’d also add that the material looks cheap, even though I’m sure the gown is anything but.

• Michelle January 30, 2012 at 18:00 #

I’m so with Molly about her hair. Would it kill her to try a side part or something? Maybe throw a couple of loose curls into it? Something? Anything. Her hair always has that ‘just out of shower and air-dried’ look to it, which is totally fine on an average day, but you’d think a little effort could be made for the red carpets. Even when she wears an up-do, it’s like she put her wet hair up into a bun. grrr.

Loved the earrings though.

10. Ro January 30, 2012 at 05:53 #

I like this look – obviously it’s nothing new but given the boatnecked, sack dresses that she’s worn in the past, it’s nice to see something slinky and sexy.

11. Karen January 30, 2012 at 05:57 #

If I looked the way Angie did and had her body, I would be experimenting with different colors and styles like no other! This dress really gives me the dominatrix vibe… which given her history…

12. roxana January 30, 2012 at 06:54 #

very ugly dresss on one of the most beautiful women…

13. Mol January 30, 2012 at 06:55 #

I like both Angelina and Brad here, they look good together in black and with the shiny element, I know lots will disagree….

• Blake January 30, 2012 at 19:44 #

Yeah mostly homely Jen ‘tv hack’ Aniston fans,

14. Riosanna January 30, 2012 at 07:13 #

it’s like I have seen this dress on her many many times before.

Repeated boring look.

15. olivia January 30, 2012 at 08:17 #

i think angie looks stunning,but i expect the more from angie. i have to say i really love the jewellery, it save the whole look..

16. Yeah right!! January 30, 2012 at 08:32 #

yeah, yeah so she’s boring but you people waste a lot of your time to post on her thread ..if she’s boring you would’nt be here .. admit it people she’s just too fascinating for you to ignore her. I don’t post to the thread of people i find boring!! I just ignore them!!

• Penè January 30, 2012 at 18:11 #

I believe its not fascination. She’s wowed us before with a marc bouwer gown, last year’s green atelier versace and we will all be eager to be wowed in her red carpet appearances however many times she disappoints which is a lot maybe until she verbally resigns we fashion lovers will be here to be wowed again.same goes for kate winslet,penelopè and the like..

17. fashion~lover January 30, 2012 at 08:44 #

Boring. I have seen this hair style and the dress like this on Angelina several times.

18. SandTony January 30, 2012 at 12:06 #

Her face is just so stunning, but once again, every single dress will look bad on her since all we can see on her are bones, no meat

19. rita January 30, 2012 at 12:23 #

I heard a rumour that she might be pregnant again. This would explain why she is wearing a very loose dress in the stomach area. I find it odd that someone as skinny as her would hide her stomach when she is as flat as an iron board. I agree that black is boring on her but let’s be honest at this point she can wear whatever she wants and still be the center of attention. I really believe she has such a huge power in Hollywood she doesn’t need to pay attention to her looks because people care for her life with brad abd her kids too much IMO.

• Fashion Critic January 30, 2012 at 13:26 #

but she wore that tight fitted dress just last week.

• marina January 30, 2012 at 19:54 #

She has had a tummy since having twins. And she is not that thin, as you could see her back and it was not bony thin like Kate Bosworth, or as fragile tiny like Zoe Saldaña. She just has thin arms and legs, specially from the knee and elbow to the end of hands and feet. She is usually covered and all she shows are arms and legs, then some people do not look her torso, which right now is quite normal.
      I read somewhere that she wanted to be comfortable at these awards, hence the loose fit.

20. rita January 30, 2012 at 12:27 #

where is my comment?

21. Erini January 30, 2012 at 12:56 #

I think she purposely was more subtle, as her film wasn’t nominated whereas at the Globes she went all out because she was up for an award.

• Blake January 30, 2012 at 19:47 #

Thank you. Not everyone is a famewh*re, like brads ex, coattailing on other people. Angie is the type she doesn’t like making it all about her, especially if she’s not nominated.

22. Hisadora January 30, 2012 at 13:11 #

We have to admit that she always looks fantastic, but in this case the dress just doesn’t have all the bling bling and the color you all were expecting…

23. Alina January 30, 2012 at 13:27 #

Neck up … stunning.

I like the idea behind the dress but I wish the colour was different – deep purple, maybe.

24. Carolina Roq January 30, 2012 at 13:40 #

Back to black…

25. Jones19 January 30, 2012 at 13:40 #

The Globes dress was such a departure from her usual boring style that she must have felt the need to get back to it ASAP.

• Blake January 30, 2012 at 19:48 #

What she felt a need for, was to not go all out at an award ceremony where OTHER actresses were being nominated. It’s black, it’s understated, and she’s just giving beautiful face. Women are so vicious.

26. dee January 30, 2012 at 13:44 #

I think she looks gorgeous.

27. Luis January 30, 2012 at 13:47 #

She looks so much better than the model!

28. carol January 30, 2012 at 17:20 #

I love it, is classic Angie

29. Blake January 30, 2012 at 19:35 #

I’m confused, wasn’t she just in cream satin white and red, and her emerald green lauded concoction from last year, and her peach chiffon from Cannes, and etc. etc. – so the author if this blurb uptop, writing about her ‘always being in black,’ seems kind of ridiculous when your own site has praised her very colorful, non black gowns just days ago, and throughout the year.

30. d January 30, 2012 at 20:49 #

bored. even if its just a different colour it could have been exciting

31. Omar January 31, 2012 at 01:47 #

Angelina was just there to support Brad. It wasn’t her night to shine, and she knew that. I think this gown is very appropriate, and she looks divine in it. She loves her black dresses and that’s not going to change.

32. Jazz January 31, 2012 at 07:50 #

this woman looks gorgeous in literally anything. dirty khakis and a hijab in pakistan, u name it!

33. Bm January 31, 2012 at 08:57 #

It’s funny that people critizise her thin body , while zoe saldana ,keira k, diane kruger , and others are just like her .
    I’m at nobody’s side , but i believe that’s the way they body like . And i found it’s not fair that only angie who receive the critics .

34. Vidhya February 2, 2012 at 06:11 #

FC, glad to see the site back up!Angelina is wearing House of Lavande jewels. Its up on their website. Just wantd to update u.

35. Katie February 2, 2012 at 11:49 #

Yes she is so beautiful, the dress is boring though