Tilda Swinton In Haider Ackermann – The Daily Show with Jon Stewart

Tilda Swinton dropped by ‘The Daily Show with Jon Stewart’ in New York City yesterday to promote her new movie, ‘We Need to Talk About Kevin’.

I’m sure you no longer need me to tell you that the British actress wore a Haider Ackermann Spring 2012 suit.

The long standing partnership just gets better and better for me, with her Golden Globes look still being my highlight of 2012.

Her red tuxedo jacket with black and white stripes and black lapels is classic Tilda.

She wore the jacket with black tapered pants and a crisp white sheer blouse to complete her androgynous look.

Black pumps provided the finishing touch.

Love, loathe or are you over this partnership?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Jaime King In Jason Wu for Target - Jason Wu For Target Launch Party

Jaime King In Jason Wu for Target – Jason Wu For Target Launch Party

Lauren Conrad's Chloé Marcie Large Leather Tote

Lauren Conrad’s Chloé Marcie Large Leather Tote

19 Responses to Tilda Swinton In Haider Ackermann – The Daily Show with Jon Stewart

1. Alina January 27, 2012 at 18:42 #

Love.

2. Mol January 27, 2012 at 18:43 #

I love this partnership, long may it continue! It’s not as if the outfits get repetitive, each one stands out for me and overall, they always play to her unique style.

3. Nat39 January 27, 2012 at 18:58 #

I really can´t get on board with her hermaphroditic style, and actually I think she is even past that already – instead of looking part male part female, she looks more like a wimpy dude in heels.
    Her Golden Globes look is the only one I liked.

• Martin January 28, 2012 at 00:43 #

Sorry, but this comment is just plain offensive. By all means criticise her sartorial choices and her preference for feminised masculine attire, but the use of the word “hermaphroditic” is just plain unnecessary. You do realise that a hermaphrodite is an individual who has both female and male genatalia right? Hardly an appropriate term to invoke when talking about someone’s red carpet attire I would think. Rude, offensive and lazy.

Oh, and by the way, I think that Tilda looks great. Perhaps a corseted, embellished cocktail dress with a pair of Louboutins would be more digestible to the masses but I for one applaud the fact that she remains a shining beacon of difference and individuality on the red carpet. And that has nothing to do with what she may or may not have in her underpants.

• Nat39 January 28, 2012 at 02:42 #

One of the definitions of word “androgynous” is “hermathroditic”, and yet it doesn´t seem to evoke any genitalia thoughts. I only used it in reference to her style as in it being both masculine and feminine at the same time (her STYLE)not to her personally, and it has absolutely nothing to do with “what she may or may not have in her underpants”, you are right. But it´s certainly a stronger negative connotation, sorry, if it came out a bit too harsh, didn´t really mean to make everyone think of genitals.

• Mimi January 28, 2012 at 07:19 #

I love your comment. You’re right, maybe some Kim K like outfit would have people head over heels. Tilda is way beyond that and I think she’s nothing but perfection on earth.

4. robbie January 27, 2012 at 19:04 #

love!

5. EmmaWoodhouse January 27, 2012 at 19:39 #

Ugh. I know it’s Tilda’s thing but I almost never like it…this is just horrendous. That jacket is a crime of fashion!

6. Jad♫n™ January 27, 2012 at 20:01 #

LOVE it.

7. Gaber January 27, 2012 at 20:53 #

I quite love this.

8. PB January 27, 2012 at 21:35 #

LOVEEEEEE

9. mllew January 27, 2012 at 22:10 #

Love it!!

10. Paul McLauchlan January 27, 2012 at 22:33 #

LOVE

11. Erik January 27, 2012 at 22:45 #

I’m so over it..

12. ami January 28, 2012 at 01:26 #

If I had access to Haider Ackermann’s collection and was tall I would wear it everywhere. :)

13. Scott January 28, 2012 at 02:10 #

I completely aprove of this partnership because if these past few weeks have proven anything, is that it is possible to wear the same designer repeatedly yet still look unique every time. I appreciate her consistency and self-assuredness.

14. mikeijames January 28, 2012 at 15:42 #

while i do love her in haider ackermann — truly the muse and designer relationship remains alive and well — i sometime miss her in a head-turning jil sander couture-inspiring look (obviously not appropriate for this particular appearance).

15. Patricia February 9, 2012 at 19:24 #

Sleeves rolled up better but othen than that, great tandem!