Sarah Jessica Parker In Tory Burch – ‘Smash’ New York Premiere

Sarah Jessica Parker was out in New York City last night with hubby Matthew Broderick for the ‘Smash’ premiere which was held at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.

She wore a Tory Burch ‘Edna’ dress from Spring 2012 collection.

The blue-and-white wavy striped sequin dress was teamed with a navy velvet blazer.

I love this look but SJP is let down by her accessorises.

I really dislike the brown belt and the mud-coloured pumps.

Thankfully the statement necklace and tan clutch save this look.

What do you think of SJP’s accessories?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Diane Kruger In Erdem - Sidaction Gala Dinner 2012

Diane Kruger In Erdem – Sidaction Gala Dinner 2012

Helena Christensen In Stella McCartney - Swarovski Crystallized Unsigned Model Search Event

Helena Christensen In Stella McCartney – Swarovski Crystallized Unsigned Model Search Event

26 Responses to Sarah Jessica Parker In Tory Burch – ‘Smash’ New York Premiere

1. Shiny January 27, 2012 at 14:08 #

I agree. She’s trying too hard to juxtapose the dressiness of the dress with ‘day’ belt, shoes and bag. A pop of colour somewhere in a rich dark pink might have done this look wonders.

• mm January 27, 2012 at 15:41 #

I agree

2. gabis January 27, 2012 at 14:09 #

I can bear with the pumps, but that belt is totally and completely disfunctional and out of place. Why would someone wear a casual brown leather belt with a dress like that? Seriously, I don’t get it. It does nothing other than ruining the look.
    Luckily, the effort she didn’t put on to find a proper accessory for her silhouette, she put it on her hair, makeup and necklace choice. From the bust up she looks breathtaking.

• dee January 27, 2012 at 16:39 #

I agree.

3. AW January 27, 2012 at 14:09 #

There comes a time when making creative styling choice turns into unnecessary foolery. SJP has turned that corner. The accessories are just tacky with the dress and blazer.

• Michelle January 29, 2012 at 01:21 #

I agree 100% with AW. IMO, for what it’s worth, she jumped the shark fashion wise about a year or so ago. It’s like she’s lost interest in the whole thing now and just slaps on a bunch of random pieces because she knows that’s what it expected of her, but it’s all very uninspiring lately. It’s like she lost her fashion mojo. Still love her though.

4. Nat39 January 27, 2012 at 14:10 #

The tan clutch doesn`t work either. You don`t mix navy with warm browns. The colours aside, `she went overboard with the accessories yet again – belt, and statement necklace, and earrings (? can`t quite see, not sure) and the bag….gotta give up something, I`d only leave the necklace.

5. Nat January 27, 2012 at 14:25 #

The necklace and the blazer are a perfect match for the dress, but the clutch, the belt and the shoes are just awful.
    I wish celebs and their stylist would understand that there’s a way in between of going too matchy-matchy and pairing random colours and accessories.

6. TeaAtTwo January 27, 2012 at 14:39 #

Silver accessories would have been much better.

7. Jess2 January 27, 2012 at 14:41 #

The necklace is good, I can bear the clutch but she should have left the belt and shoes at home.

8. EmmaWoodhouse January 27, 2012 at 14:44 #

This dress wasn’t great on the runway, but SJP looks like she’s teaching Over-Accessorizing 101!

9. Leti January 27, 2012 at 14:57 #

I agree with everyone else, the brown accessories kill this look. She might have gotten a pass for the shoes or bag alone, if not the belt. However, the accessories combined are a crime against that dress!

10. fromchi-town January 27, 2012 at 15:42 #

The brown belt totally killed the look, dont like it at all.

11. robbie January 27, 2012 at 17:22 #

*hides* i love it.

• TeaAtTwo January 27, 2012 at 18:27 #

*pelted with ugly shoes and purses* ;)

12. mikeijames January 27, 2012 at 17:30 #

i can see what she’s trying to do but the shoes interrupt it. she’s trying to de-glam that dress and she’s succsessful at it until we get to the shoes. she should lose the bag altogether and maybe go with something edgier like the footwear from balenciaga spring.

13. MG January 27, 2012 at 17:54 #

hate the belt, but SJP still looks so chic. she has the charm to make wrong things work… :p

14. antoneLLina January 27, 2012 at 18:41 #

Could her hair be more perfect than this? my god.

15. Mol January 27, 2012 at 18:53 #

With a different bag and a thinner belt I would have loved it – the shoes wouldn’t have bothered me if the belt had been better. Still, despite these issues, I find her lovely to look at, she can make many things work somehow……

16. Kyriaki-Cyprus January 27, 2012 at 20:12 #

It was a good idea to add a belt to give a shape to the dress but not this belt! I don’t like the shoes and bag either but the belt is the most distractive. Love the hair and make-up!

17. Carmen January 30, 2012 at 06:12 #

That belt looks REALLY cheap.

18. Jani February 7, 2012 at 01:44 #

Obsessed with this dress! GORGEOUS!

-Jani