Blake Lively In Jason Wu & Jason Wu for Target – Jason Wu For Target Launch

Blake Lively hit the red carpet last night to show her support for the Jason Wu for Target launch party at the Skylight Soho in New York City last night.

The ‘Gossip Girl’ actress wore a Jason Wu Spring 2012 dress.

Blake’s version of the dress was flipped from the runway as the top half was white with a black peplum skirt.

I prefer the runway version as the Swarovski embellishments stand out more. Which do you prefer?

Lorraine Schwartz statement jewels and Christian Louboutin ‘FiFi’ pumps completed her look.

You may remember that Michelle Williams wore the runway version on Jay Leno early this month.

Blake didn’t snub the collection, as she arrived wearing a Jason Wu for Target black trench coat with a contrasting piping.

The Jason Wu for Target collection will be available in-store and online at target.com on February 5.

Expect it to be a sell out…quickly.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Toni Garrn In Barbara Casasola - The Heart Fund Gala

Toni Garrn In Barbara Casasola – The Heart Fund Gala

Vanessa Paradis In Chanel Couture - Sidaction Gala Dinner 2012

Vanessa Paradis In Chanel Couture – Sidaction Gala Dinner 2012

15 Responses to Blake Lively In Jason Wu & Jason Wu for Target – Jason Wu For Target Launch

1. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) January 27, 2012 at 17:37 #

I prefer the runway version too FC, but I do like how ladylike and tidy Blake looks here.

• CTgirl January 27, 2012 at 18:08 #

• Emi January 27, 2012 at 20:47 #

+ 2, I think this is the first time I like one of her outfits.

• Martin January 28, 2012 at 00:50 #

Totally agree.

2. Penny January 27, 2012 at 17:41 #

Dislike, the dress falls flat for me. And the coat on Blake looks like a Jason Wu for Target piece without “Jason Wu” in it. Probably it is one of the few time I wish Blake would go down one size on the coat.

3. Nat39 January 27, 2012 at 17:42 #

The runway version is so much better, the one on Blake doesn´t even make much sense, I didn´t even notice those embellishments on the black skirt.
    Her messy hair is distracting, should´ve been neatly pulled back, and the earrings could´ve been more complementary to the embellishments to balance off the skirt.

4. MG January 27, 2012 at 17:57 #

i like both. and that trench coat is ugly

5. Slash January 27, 2012 at 18:29 #

I like Blake’s version better. There’s something about runway version that just doesn’t fit my taste. Trench coat on the other hand is pretty wrong. I don’t like it at all… (I’m already feeling bad about disliking anything by Wu)

6. Alina January 27, 2012 at 18:41 #

I just don’t like her. She’s been posing on the RC for some years now but she still doesn’t know how to do it right.

• Laura January 27, 2012 at 20:25 #

+1!

7. Kyriaki-Cyprus January 27, 2012 at 20:02 #

Like you said, FC,the runway version is definitely better. I kind of like the style and the length of the dress on Blake. Someone mentioned the jewellery. Yep! The gold earrings are nice but not for this dress IMO.

8. EmmaWoodhouse January 27, 2012 at 20:08 #

I prefer Blake’s, since the embellishments on the runway skirt look like ink splotches to me. This is definitely one of her better looks–the skirt is long enough, for once! The trench coat is terrible on her, though. It was so much better on the runway.

9. Emma January 28, 2012 at 07:31 #

This look, for me, falls very flat on Blake. The runway version is much better and Blake is not à Jason Wu girl, she has not fot enough class for it. But kudos ro her for being able to look proper for once.

And may I just add how incredibly predictable her choice of Lorraine Schwartz jewelry and Louboutin shoes are??!!

• Kimber January 29, 2012 at 05:41 #

Louboutin’s are fine but she REALLY needs to branch out with the jewelry. It’s like we know she’s going to be in Marchesa with Lorraine Schwartz jewelry and messy hair lol.

10. Kimber January 29, 2012 at 05:39 #

I can’t even begin to describe my obsession with Jason Wu. I love all of his designs, I wish I could be his muse haha. As for Lively’s outfit, I really dislike both pairings- the dress and the coat. I think the dress looks much better on the runway and surprisingly suits Williams’ way better than it would Lively. Maybe it’s a bit of shock because her boobs and legs are covered up for the most, but I’m just not feeling it.

Also she looks fake baked to the max. I like Blake a little more pale- she doesn’t need to tan like that!