Laura Whitmore In Stella McCartney – 2012 National Television Awards

Laura Whitmore also took to the red carpet yesterday evening for the 2012 National Television Awards in London.

The Irish TV presenter wore a Stella McCartney Spring 2012 dress.

The more I see of this Stella McCartney collection on the red carpet, the more I dislike it as it fails to translate well.

If Gwyneth Paltrow couldn’t quite make this collection work, no-one else need apply.

Laura teamed her dual-print keyhole-detail mini dress with a black clutch and cheap-looking nude pumps.

Like the dress wasn’t bad enough.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Kate Beckinsale In Michael Kors - ‘Underworld Awakening’ Madrid Photocall

Kate Beckinsale In Michael Kors – ‘Underworld Awakening’ Madrid Photocall

Front Row @ Elie Saab Spring 2012 Couture

Front Row @ Elie Saab Spring 2012 Couture

16 Responses to Laura Whitmore In Stella McCartney – 2012 National Television Awards

1. Alina January 26, 2012 at 13:08 #

A disaster.

2. Jess2 January 26, 2012 at 13:12 #

I agree with absolutely everything you said FC, my thoughts exactly. the styling is completely awful.

3. J January 26, 2012 at 13:16 #

i actually really like the collection. perhaps the problem is trying to make it work on the red carpet, i think it just doesn’t belong there with heels and stuffiness. it’s very young and sophisticated imo, i don’t think it’s up gp’s alley, and i don’t know who this girl is, but she’s tried the same approach and failed. i still love the dresses.

4. maryam January 26, 2012 at 13:24 #

sonam looks beautiful just ditch the earrings

• maryam January 26, 2012 at 13:45 #

sorry posted on wrong thread

5. EmmaWoodhouse January 26, 2012 at 13:45 #

Horrific. I don’t like this collection–every piece has been ugly! This girl just makes it look tacky.

6. eimearoconnor January 26, 2012 at 14:11 #

Whyyyyy would you put a cheap gold boho bangle and black clutch with a stella macartney print dress…. ugh this annoys me!!

7. CTgirl January 26, 2012 at 14:41 #

This collection is a fail. No one has looked good in the designs. If the clothes don’t look good on the various celebrities that have tried to wear this collection that means it really just doesn’t work.

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) January 26, 2012 at 16:05 #

Gasoline and matches. Not a winner from this whole collection. Next…

• andrea January 26, 2012 at 21:57 #

This collection is tragic. I can’t even fathom Stella sending these pieces down the runway, just horrible.

8. Emi January 26, 2012 at 14:41 #

I think that this collection is so difficult to pull off. And of course she didn’t because she chose ugly accessories. I’m not a fan of matched accessories but I think that they should complement each other. She chose “romantic” shoes and a kind of “rock” clutch, which is completely nonsense for me.

9. elaine January 26, 2012 at 22:59 #

The shoes are Miss Selfridge (not a fan of the shoes just seen them on their site the other day…. gotta stop online shopping!!)

• Fashion Critic January 27, 2012 at 18:56 #

wow…makes it even worse…sorry if that sounds snobby

10. mattison January 27, 2012 at 02:24 #

I think what I hate the most about this collection, and what this poor girl best highlights, is how much it looks like it was assembled using mismatched leftover scraps from a 70’s sofa upholstery book. Let’s hope this is the last we see of it on the red carpet.

11. Katie January 27, 2012 at 16:48 #