Jennifer Lawrence In Prada – 84th Academy Awards Nominations Announcement

Jennifer Lawrence was on hand to help announce the 84th Annual Academy Awards nominees at the AMPAS Samuel Goldwyn Theater in Beverly Hills, California earlier today.

She opted to wear a modified version of a Prada Spring 2012 ensemble.

I much prefer the runway version of this look as I’m not a fan of the black eyelet high-waist pencil skirt with the lemon and sky blue eyelet top.

The runway version is far more youthful and would’ve been far more suitable for Jennifer.

She accessorized with black Brian Atwood ‘Maniac’ pumps and minimal jewelry.

The actress used this event to showcase a darker hair colour and side-swept bangs.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Emmy Awards 2014 Fashion Critics’ Roundup

Emmy Awards 2014 Fashion Critics’ Roundup

Mandy Moore In Lela Rose - An Evening Benefitting Homeless Youth Services Of The L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center

Mandy Moore In Lela Rose – An Evening Benefitting Homeless Youth Services Of The L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center

18 Responses to Jennifer Lawrence In Prada – 84th Academy Awards Nominations Announcement

1. syl January 24, 2012 at 19:33 #

i prefer the runway version !
    btw you wrote jennifer morisson instead of jennifer lawrence :)

• Fashion Critic January 24, 2012 at 20:04 #

thanks

2. Jacqu January 24, 2012 at 19:33 #

I wanted to love this, I really did, because I like her. But that top is wonderful, that skirt is great, but together it’s a big MEH!

3. Karishma January 24, 2012 at 19:40 #

Hey FC, it’s Jennifer Lawrence… not Morrison!

• Fashion Critic January 24, 2012 at 20:04 #

4. Hannah January 24, 2012 at 19:51 #

I like neither the runway nor Jennifer’s look. I think that her gorgeous curvaceous body wouldn’t look it’s best in the runway look, but her look isn’t my fave either. In all fairness I’m not a huge fan of this collection, there are way more exciting looks she could have gone for. I also dislike the heels, the hair and makeup isn’t the best.

5. k January 24, 2012 at 20:19 #

Wow, I’m surprised. I prefer Jennifer’s look. The runway version is a little silly. Other than that bag. I would sell my first born for that purse.

6. Jones19 January 24, 2012 at 20:27 #

I prefer Jennifer’s look, the fitted silhouette is great on her.

7. molly January 24, 2012 at 21:47 #

I like the skirt and top but not together. If the skirt were white or creme, I think it would look much better. I do like that she has the shirt tucked in because, I have to say, I dont like it one the runway either.

8. RT January 25, 2012 at 00:20 #

The runway look is more school girlish than youth, especially the skirt
    I prefer jennifer’s look.

9. EmmaWoodhouse January 25, 2012 at 01:28 #

I prefer Jennifer’s look because it’s sleeker and not so baggy. Love the hair color but I’m not sold on the powder blue/black color combination. With the eyelet texture it seems rather busy.

10. Erin January 25, 2012 at 02:40 #

I prefer the runway version, as well. But, I think it’s too girlie for Jennifer. I think she made the right choice for her style.

11. Nat39 January 25, 2012 at 03:16 #

Neither runway´s nor Jennifer´s version appeals to me – Jen´s black pencil skirt is an eyesore with that light top, the model´s tucked-under skirt and the necklace are an eyesore as well. I would´ve combined them – the runway-inspired skirt (in any complementary colour) over the top, a complementary necklace or thin belt (and def. more exciting shoes than Jen´s) et voila.

12. Carolina January 25, 2012 at 03:45 #

I’m not a fan. I would have preferred to see the top paired with a more compatible skirt. As it is, the bottom half, including shoes, appears to belong to a different outfit. Plus, it looks as if the lining or slip on the skirt needs to be adjusted.

13. TeaAtTwo January 25, 2012 at 04:50 #

There is a lack of cohesion in this look, the top is sweet and light, the skirt is sexy and dark. I like the runway look as I enjoyed the collection. The flame shoes were cool.

14. Amanda January 25, 2012 at 07:59 #

she looks amazing and much better than the runway version

15. Alina January 25, 2012 at 16:10 #

I really like her hair colour.

16. ryan January 25, 2012 at 22:32 #

This pains me to say as she is one of my favourite actresses, but this is a miss in my opinion. There are a couple of the Valentino spring dresses that I thought would suit her better.

Disclaimer: I am old and not usually fond of the more fashion forwardy looks.